The Husqvarna 550iBTX is a cordless backpack leaf blower delivering 452 CFM at 121 MPH. It is powered by a 36 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 452|
|MPH||Up to 121|
|Blowing Force||21 N|
|Weight (tool only)||13.9 lbs|
|Noise rating||61 dB|
|Tube length||16.3 in|
|Other model numbers||967681101|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Husqvarna 550iBTX, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Husqvarna 550iBTX
- Power: The 550iBTX is a cordless blower made by Husqvarna. It has a maximum air speed of 121 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 452 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: The 550iBTX is a brushless-motor, battery-operated blower. Therefore, it doesn’t require to be plugged in when it’s being used. The user will enjoy the added mobility of its cordless design.
- Battery: The Husqvarna 550iBTX is powered by an easy-to-recharge 36 V Li-ion battery (battery not included).
- Handling: By design, this model isn’t the smallest leaf blower on the market. It’s meant to be carried as a backpack so that the bulk of the unit is out of the way and the user’s hands are free to manipulate the nozzle. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. The blower in its bare tool (no battery) version weighs 13.9 lbs — the Husqvarna 550iBTX is neither the lightest nor the heaviest electric backpack blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: To provide more control over their job to the user, the unit has a variable speed control setting. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Husqvarna 550iBTX to match it. On top of that, maintaining the selected speed is effortless, as it also features cruise control.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 61 dB, the 550iBTX is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric backpack category.
The Husqvarna 550iBTX's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Husqvarna 550iBTX compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 121 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for battery-operated backpack blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the EGO LBPX8000, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 190 MPH.
- As this unit is rated at 452 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it expells less air than most cordless backpack blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the EGO LBPX8000, which boasts with 800 CFM.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless backpack blowers, the Husqvarna 550iBTX is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- Brushless motor
- Cruise control
- Decent weight (13.9 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (61 dB)
- On the expensive side
- Battery not included
- Low CFM (452 CFM)
- Low MPH (121 MPH)
Founded in 1689 in the town that bore its namesake, Husqvarna is a Swedish company that has been developing and manufacturing quality tools and accessories for 325 years. This makes Husqvarna one of the longest-operating manufacturers of outdoor products. Thanks to its reputation and a passion for innovation and quality, Husqvarna continues to be an industry leader in the outdoor power tool market.
The Husqvarna 550iBTX is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Husqvarna blowers, please consult Husqvarna's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-487-5951.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.