The Husqvarna 580BFS Mark II is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 941 CFM at 206 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 75.6 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 941|
|MPH||Up to 206|
|Blowing Force||41 N|
|Engine displacement||75.6 cc|
|Fuel tank||87.9 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||112 dB|
|Other model numbers||580BFS, 967851401|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Husqvarna 580BFS Mark II, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Husqvarna 580BFS Mark II
- Power: The 580BFS Mark II, built by Husqvarna, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 941 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 206 MPH.
- Handling: As this unit is a backpack leaf blower, the majority of the unit is distributed so that the user can operate it with ease for most reasonable periods of use. Its throttle is hip-mounted, which can make it easier on your right hand if you operate it over an extended period of time. Be aware that, at 26.5 lbs, the Husqvarna 580BFS Mark II is on the heavier side for gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Engine: Its X-Torq® engine boasts a displacement of 75.6 cc. As you may or may not know, 2-stroke engines require a mixture of gasoline and oil in order to keep all the moving parts lubricated while fuelling the engine’s internal combustion. The fuel/oil ratio recommended by Husqvarna for the 580BFS Mark II is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: With its variable speed settings, the Husqvarna 580BFS Mark II allows you to precisely control its air output. In addition, the blower is also equipped with cruise control, with which the user can easily maintain the selected settings.
- Noise: The manufacturer specifications state that the 580BFS Mark II can generate engine noise approaching 112 dB. This is louder than other gas-powered backpack leaf blowers. In fact, it is the noisiest of them.
- Fuel Tank: With a tank that can hold 87.9 fluid ounces, this model has a much higher fuel capacity than you’ll typically find with gas backpack blowers. In fact, it is the biggest tank you'll find in our selection of gas backpack blowers.
- X-Torq®: The X-Torq® is Husqvarna's latest technology for two-stroke engines. It reduces fuel consumption by up to 20% and harmful exhaust emissions by up to 60% while increasing torque over a wider rpm range.
The Husqvarna 580BFS Mark II's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Husqvarna 580BFS Mark II compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The Husqvarna 580BFS Mark II expels air at speeds up to 206 MPH, making it standard in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Husqvarna 150BT and its 251 MPH could be an option to consider.
- The 580BFS Mark II is powerful, with an airflow rating of 941 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other gas-powered backpack blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Shindaiwa EB910RT, with 1110 CFM, could be in your good books.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
Founded in 1689 in the town that bore its namesake, Husqvarna is a Swedish company that has been developing and manufacturing quality tools and accessories for 325 years. This makes Husqvarna one of the longest-operating manufacturers of outdoor products. Thanks to its reputation and a passion for innovation and quality, Husqvarna continues to be an industry leader in the outdoor power tool market.
The Husqvarna 580BFS Mark II is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Husqvarna blowers, please consult Husqvarna's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-487-5951.
Questions & Answers
What is the difference between the 580BFS and the 580BFS Mark II? (Asked March 04, 2021)
The new version (Mark II) of the 580BFS benefits from a higher CFM. It now boasts with 941 CFM instead of 908.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.