The Husqvarna 580BFS Mark III is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 1000 CFM at 220 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 75.6cc engine. (Read full specs)
580BTS Mark III
580BFS Mark III
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 1000|
|MPH||Up to 220|
|Blowing Force||45 N|
|Fuel tank||87.9 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||106 dB|
|Other model numbers||580BFS|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Husqvarna 580BFS Mark III, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Husqvarna 580BFS Mark III
- Power: The 580BFS Mark III, built by Husqvarna, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 1000 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 220 MPH.
- Handling: By design, this model isn’t the smallest leaf blower on the market. It’s meant to be carried as a backpack so that the bulk of the unit is out of the way and the user’s hands are free to manipulate the nozzle. Its throttle is hip-mounted, which can make it easier on your right hand if you operate it over an extended period of time. However, for a gas-powered backpack blower, the Husqvarna 580BFS Mark III is heavier than most, weighing 27.1 lbs.
- Engine: Its X-Torq® engine boasts a displacement of 75.6cc. Since this is a 2-stroke engine, it’s important to remember that the 580BFS Mark III cannot run on gasoline alone. The fuel must be mixed with an appropriate ratio of gasoline and oil in order for it to function properly (for this Husqvarna model, this ratio is 50:1).
- Speed Settings: There are times when you only need a little more power, while other times you will want a bit more precision when clearing leaves and debris. For this purpose, the 580BFS Mark III offers variable speed settings, adding you, the user, more control, and a cruise control mode, which will allow you to maintain it comfortably for as long as you wish.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 106 dB.
- Fuel Tank: Its impressive 87.9 fl. oz. tank capacity puts it on the higher end of the spectrum of similar gas backpack blowers. In fact, it is the biggest tank you'll find in our selection of gas backpack blowers.
- X-Torq®: The X-Torq® is Husqvarna's latest technology for two-stroke engines. It reduces fuel consumption by up to 20% and harmful exhaust emissions by up to 60% while increasing torque over a wider rpm range.
The Husqvarna 580BFS Mark III's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Husqvarna 580BFS Mark III compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The Husqvarna 580BFS Mark III expels air at speeds up to 220 MPH, making it standard in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Husqvarna 150BT and its 270 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the Husqvarna 580BFS Mark III boasts an impressive airflow that can reach 1000 CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute). This places it amongst the most powerful gas-powered backpack blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Echo PB-9010T, with 1110 CFM, could be in your good books.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Husqvarna 580BFS Mark III is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- Cruise control
- Large tank (87.9 fl. oz.)
- X-Torq® engine
- High CFM (1000 CFM)
- Acceptable noise (106 dB)
- Decent MPH (220 MPH)
- On the expensive side
- Quite heavy (27.1 lbs)
Founded in 1689 in the town that bore its namesake, Husqvarna is a Swedish company that has been developing and manufacturing quality tools and accessories for 325 years. This makes Husqvarna one of the longest-operating manufacturers of outdoor products. Thanks to its reputation and a passion for innovation and quality, Husqvarna continues to be an industry leader in the outdoor power tool market.
The Husqvarna 580BFS Mark III is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Husqvarna blowers, please consult Husqvarna's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-487-5951.
Questions & Answers
what is the difference in the mark 2 and mark 3 on the 580BFS (Asked June 20, 2022)
The new version (Mark III) of the 580BFS benefits from higher CFM and MPH. It now boasts with 1000 CFM instead of 941, and its max air velocity is now 220 MPH instead of 208.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.