Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 908|
|MPH||Up to 209|
|Blowing Force||40 N|
|Engine Displacement||75.6 cc|
|Fuel Tank||87.9 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||112 dB|
|Tube Length||47 in|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Husqvarna 580BFS, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Husqvarna 580BFS
- Power: The Husqvarna 580BFS is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 209 MPH and a max air volume rating of 908 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: Like most backpack blowers, this model is technically heavier than a handheld. That being said, it can feel lighter and more comfortable because of the way it is carried, even when used over extended periods of time. Its throttle is hip-mounted, which can make it easier on your right hand if you operate it over an extended period of time. Be aware that, at 25.8 lbs, the Husqvarna 580BFS is on the heavier side for gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Engine: Its X-Torq® engine boasts a displacement of 75.6 cc. Please note that, because the Husqvarna 580BFS’s engine is a 2-cycle one, it runs on a mixture of oil and gasoline. According to Husqvarna, the proper fuel mixture ratio for this blower is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the 580BFS offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 112 dB can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Fuel Tank: Its impressive 87.9 fl. oz. tank capacity puts it on the higher end of the spectrum for similar gas-powered backpack leaf blowers. In fact, it is the biggest tank you'll find in our selection of gas-powered backpack leaf blowers.
- X-Torq®: The X-Torq® is Husqvarna's latest technology for two-stroke engines. It reduces fuel consumption by up to 20% and harmful exhaust emissions by up to 60% while increasing torque over a wider rpm range.
The Husqvarna 580BFS's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Husqvarna 580BFS compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 209 MPH, which is pretty much what is to be expected for gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- If air volume is an important feature, the 580BFS by Husqvarna will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 908 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
The bottom line
- Large Tank (87.9 fl. oz.)
- X-Torq® Engine
- High CFM (908 CFM)
- Acceptable Noise (112 dB)
- Decent MPH (209 MPH)
- Quite heavy (25.8 lbs)
Founded in 1689 in the town that bore its namesake, Husqvarna is a Swedish company that has been developing and manufacturing quality tools and accessories for 325 years. This makes Husqvarna one of the longest-operating manufacturers of outdoor products. Thanks to its reputation and a passion for innovation and quality, Husqvarna continues to be an industry leader in the outdoor power tool market.
The Husqvarna 580BFS is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Husqvarna blowers, please consult Husqvarna's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-487-5951.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.