Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Husqvarna 580BFS
- Power: The 580BFS gas-powered leaf blower, manufactured by Husqvarna, is rated for a max air volume of 908 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 209 MPH.
- Handling: This blower’s backpack functionality makes make it less exerting on the user, even when used for an extended period of time. However, for a gas-powered backpack blower, the Husqvarna 580BFS is heavier than most, weighing 25.8 lbs.
- Engine: This blower's X-Torq® engine has a displacement specification of 75.6 cc. Please note that, because the Husqvarna 580BFS’s engine is a 2-cycle one, it runs on a mixture of oil and gasoline. Your user manual includes details on the proper ratio.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the 580BFS features variable speed settings for added control.
- Noise: The noise emitted by the Husqvarna 580BFS can reach up to 112 dB. Its noise rating is on the higher end compared to other gas-powered backpack leaf blowers. In fact, it is the noisiest of them.
- Fuel Tank: With a tank that can hold 87.9 fluid ounces, this model has a much higher fuel capacity than you’ll typically find with gas-powered backpack leaf blowers. In fact, it is the biggest tank you'll find in our selection of gas-powered backpack leaf blowers.
- X-Torq®: The X-Torq® is Husqvarna's latest technology for two-stroke engines. It reduces fuel consumption by up to 20% and harmful exhaust emissions by up to 60% while increasing torque over a wider rpm range.
The Husqvarna 580BFS's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Husqvarna 580BFS compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Its max air speed of 209 MPH places it at the approximate midpoint in comparison to other gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- The 580BFS is powerful, with an airflow rating of 908 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Stihl BR 700 with 912 CFM).
The bottom line
- Large Tank (87.9 fl. oz.)
- X-Torq® Engine
- High CFM (908 CFM)
- Decent MPH (209 MPH)
- High Noise (112 dB)
- Quite heavy (25.8 lbs)
Where to buy the Husqvarna 580BFS?
Founded in 1689 in the town that bore its namesake, Husqvarna is a Swedish company that has been developing and manufacturing quality tools and accessories for 325 years. This makes Husqvarna one of the longest-operating manufacturers of outdoor products. Thanks to its reputation and a passion for innovation and quality, Husqvarna continues to be an industry leader in the outdoor power tool market.
Warranty InformationThe Husqvarna 580BFS is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Husqvarna blowers, please consult Husqvarna's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-487-5951