The Husqvarna 580BFS is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 908 CFM at 209 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 75.6 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 908|
|MPH||Up to 209|
|Blowing Force||40 N|
|Engine displacement||75.6 cc|
|Fuel tank||87.9 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||100 dB|
|Tube length||47 in|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Husqvarna 580BFS, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Husqvarna 580BFS
- Power: The Husqvarna 580BFS is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 209 MPH and a max air volume rating of 908 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: As this unit is a backpack leaf blower, the majority of the unit is distributed so that the user can operate it with ease for most reasonable periods of use. Its throttle is hip-mounted, which can make it easier on your right hand if you operate it over an extended period of time. Be aware that, at 25.8 lbs, the Husqvarna 580BFS is on the heavier side for gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Engine: This blower's X-Torq® engine has a displacement specification of 75.6 cc. Being that this is a 2-stroke engine, it must be fuelled using a mix of gas and oil. The proper fuel ratio set by the manufacturer for the 580BFS is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Husqvarna 580BFS to match.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 100 dB can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Fuel Tank: With a tank that can hold 87.9 fluid ounces, this model has a much higher fuel capacity than you’ll typically find with gas backpack blowers. In fact, it is the biggest tank you'll find in our selection of gas backpack blowers.
- X-Torq®: The X-Torq® is Husqvarna's latest technology for two-stroke engines. It reduces fuel consumption by up to 20% and harmful exhaust emissions by up to 60% while increasing torque over a wider rpm range.
The Husqvarna 580BFS's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Husqvarna 580BFS compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The Husqvarna 580BFS expels air at speeds up to 209 MPH, making it standard in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- Regarding its air volume, the Husqvarna 580BFS boasts an impressive airflow that can reach 908 CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute). This places it amongst the most powerful of gas-powered backpack blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Husqvarna 580BFS is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Founded in 1689 in the town that bore its namesake, Husqvarna is a Swedish company that has been developing and manufacturing quality tools and accessories for 325 years. This makes Husqvarna one of the longest-operating manufacturers of outdoor products. Thanks to its reputation and a passion for innovation and quality, Husqvarna continues to be an industry leader in the outdoor power tool market.
The Husqvarna 580BFS is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Husqvarna blowers, please consult Husqvarna's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-487-5951.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.