The Husqvarna 580BFS is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 908 CFM at 209 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 75.6 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 908|
|MPH||Up to 209|
|Blowing Force||40 N|
|Engine displacement||75.6 cc|
|Fuel tank||87.9 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||100 dB|
|Tube length||47 in|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Husqvarna 580BFS, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Husqvarna 580BFS
- Power: The Husqvarna 580BFS is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 908 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 209 MPH.
- Handling: This blower’s backpack functionality makes make it less exerting on the user, even when used for an extended period of time. Its throttle is hip-mounted, which can make it easier on your right hand if you operate it over an extended period of time. However, for a gas-powered backpack blower, the Husqvarna 580BFS is heavier than most, weighing 25.8 lbs.
- Engine: This blower is fitted with a 75.6 cc X-Torq® engine. Please note that, because the Husqvarna 580BFS’s engine is a 2-cycle one, it runs on a mixture of oil and gasoline. According to Husqvarna, the proper fuel mixture ratio for this blower is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the 580BFS offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 100 dB.
- Fuel Tank: With a tank that can hold 87.9 fluid ounces, this model has a much higher fuel capacity than you’ll typically find with gas backpack blowers. In fact, it is the biggest tank you'll find in our selection of gas backpack blowers.
- X-Torq®: The X-Torq® is Husqvarna's latest technology for two-stroke engines. It reduces fuel consumption by up to 20% and harmful exhaust emissions by up to 60% while increasing torque over a wider rpm range.
The Husqvarna 580BFS's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Husqvarna 580BFS compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Its max air speed of 209 MPH places it at the approximate midpoint in comparison to other gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- If air volume is an important feature, the 580BFS by Husqvarna will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 908 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most gas-powered backpack blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-9010T with 1110 CFM).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Husqvarna 580BFS is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Founded in 1689 in the town that bore its namesake, Husqvarna is a Swedish company that has been developing and manufacturing quality tools and accessories for 325 years. This makes Husqvarna one of the longest-operating manufacturers of outdoor products. Thanks to its reputation and a passion for innovation and quality, Husqvarna continues to be an industry leader in the outdoor power tool market.
The Husqvarna 580BFS is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Husqvarna blowers, please consult Husqvarna's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-487-5951.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.