The Husqvarna 580BTS Mark II is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 941 CFM at 206 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 75.6 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 941|
|MPH||Up to 206|
|Blowing Force||41 N|
|Engine displacement||75.6 cc|
|Fuel tank||87.9 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||112 dB|
|Other model numbers||580BTS, 967851301|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Husqvarna 580BTS Mark II, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Husqvarna 580BTS Mark II
- Power: The 580BTS Mark II, built by Husqvarna, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 941 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 206 MPH.
- Handling: This blower’s backpack functionality makes make it less exerting on the user, even when used for an extended period of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. Be aware that, at 26.3 lbs, the Husqvarna 580BTS Mark II is on the heavier side for gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Engine: Its X-Torq® engine boasts a displacement of 75.6 cc. As you may or may not know, 2-stroke engines require a mixture of gasoline and oil in order to keep all the moving parts lubricated while fuelling the engine’s internal combustion. The fuel/oil ratio recommended by Husqvarna for the 580BTS Mark II is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: There are times when you only need a little more power, while other times you will want a bit more precision when clearing leaves and debris. For this purpose, the 580BTS Mark II offers variable speed settings, adding you, the user, more control, and a cruise control mode, which will allow you to maintain it comfortably for as long as you wish.
- Noise: The noise emitted by the Husqvarna 580BTS Mark II can reach up to 112 dB. Its noise rating is on the higher end compared to other gas-powered backpack leaf blowers.
- Fuel Tank: The fuel tank is well above average for a backpack blower – its capacity maxes out at 87.9 fl. oz.
- X-Torq®: The X-Torq® is Husqvarna's latest technology for two-stroke engines. It reduces fuel consumption by up to 20% and harmful exhaust emissions by up to 60% while increasing torque over a wider rpm range.
The Husqvarna 580BTS Mark II's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Husqvarna 580BTS Mark II compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 206 MPH. That makes the 580BTS Mark II average in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Husqvarna 150BT and its 251 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the Husqvarna 580BTS Mark II boasts an impressive airflow that can reach 941 CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute). This places it amongst the most powerful gas-powered backpack blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Shindaiwa EB910RT, with 1110 CFM, could be in your good books.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Husqvarna 580BTS Mark II is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Founded in 1689 in the town that bore its namesake, Husqvarna is a Swedish company that has been developing and manufacturing quality tools and accessories for 325 years. This makes Husqvarna one of the longest-operating manufacturers of outdoor products. Thanks to its reputation and a passion for innovation and quality, Husqvarna continues to be an industry leader in the outdoor power tool market.
The Husqvarna 580BTS Mark II is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Husqvarna blowers, please consult Husqvarna's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-487-5951.
Questions & Answers
What size spark plug does the 580 BTS take? (Asked June 02, 2020)
The original spark plug is the NGK CMR7H (opens in a new tab).
What is the difference between the 580BTS and the 580BTS Mark II? (Asked March 04, 2021)
The new version (Mark II) of the 580BTS benefits from a higher CFM. It now boasts with 941 CFM instead of 908.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.