The Husqvarna 580BTS Mark III is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 1000 CFM at 220 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 75.6 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 1000|
|MPH||Up to 220|
|Blowing Force||47 N|
|Engine displacement||75.6 cc|
|Fuel tank||87.9 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||106 dB|
|Other model numbers||580BTS, 970499101|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Husqvarna 580BTS Mark III, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Husqvarna 580BTS Mark III
- Power: The 580BTS Mark III, built by Husqvarna, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 1000 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 220 MPH.
- Handling: This blower’s backpack functionality makes make it less exerting on the user, even when used for an extended period of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. Be aware that, at 26.8 lbs, the Husqvarna 580BTS Mark III is on the heavier side of gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Engine: This blower is fitted with a 75.6 cc X-Torq® engine. As you may or may not know, 2-stroke engines require a mixture of gasoline and oil in order to keep all the moving parts lubricated while fuelling the engine’s internal combustion. The fuel/oil ratio recommended by Husqvarna for the 580BTS Mark III is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the 580BTS Mark III offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 106 dB can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Fuel Tank: With a tank that can hold 87.9 fluid ounces, this model has a much higher fuel capacity than your typical gas backpack blower.
- X-Torq®: The X-Torq® is Husqvarna's latest technology for two-stroke engines. It reduces fuel consumption by up to 20% and harmful exhaust emissions by up to 60% while increasing torque over a wider rpm range.
The Husqvarna 580BTS Mark III's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Husqvarna 580BTS Mark III compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 220 MPH. That makes the 580BTS Mark III average in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Husqvarna 150BT and its 270 MPH could be an option to consider.
- If air volume is an important feature, the 580BTS Mark III by Husqvarna will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 1000 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most gas-powered backpack blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Shindaiwa EB910RT, with 1110 CFM, could be in your good books.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Husqvarna 580BTS Mark III is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Founded in 1689 in the town that bore its namesake, Husqvarna is a Swedish company that has been developing and manufacturing quality tools and accessories for 325 years. This makes Husqvarna one of the longest-operating manufacturers of outdoor products. Thanks to its reputation and a passion for innovation and quality, Husqvarna continues to be an industry leader in the outdoor power tool market.
The Husqvarna 580BTS Mark III is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Husqvarna blowers, please consult Husqvarna's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-487-5951.
Questions & Answers
What size spark plug does the 580 BTS take? (Asked June 2, 2020)
The original spark plug is the NGK CMR7H (opens in a new tab).
What is the difference between the 580BTS, the 580BTS Mark II, and the 580BTS Mark II? (Asked February 21, 2022)
Each version improved on the previous one. For example, the new Mark III version of the 580BTS has a CFM of 1000, while the Mark II had a CFM of 941 and the original unit a CFM of 908.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.