The Husqvarna 580BTS Mark III is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 1000 CFM at 220 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 75.6 cc engine. (Read full specs)
580BTS Mark III
580BFS Mark III
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 1000|
|MPH||Up to 220|
|Blowing Force||47 N|
|Engine displacement||75.6 cc|
|Fuel tank||87.9 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||106 dB|
|Other model numbers||580BTS, 970499101|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Husqvarna 580BTS Mark III, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Husqvarna 580BTS Mark III
- Power: The Husqvarna 580BTS Mark III is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 1000 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 220 MPH.
- Handling: Like most backpack blowers, this model is technically heavier than a handheld. That being said, it can feel lighter and more comfortable because of the way it is carried, even when used over extended periods of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free.
- Engine: Its X-Torq® engine boasts a displacement of 75.6 cc. Please note that, because the Husqvarna 580BTS Mark III's engine is a 2-cycle one, it runs on a mixture of oil and gasoline. According to Husqvarna, the proper fuel mixture ratio for this blower is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: There are times when you only need a little more power, while other times you will want a bit more precision when clearing leaves and debris. For this purpose, the 580BTS Mark III offers variable speed settings, adding you, the user, more control, and a cruise control mode, which will allow you to maintain it comfortably for as long as you wish.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 106 dB, the 580BTS Mark III is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered backpack category.
- Fuel Tank: Its impressive 87.9 fl. oz. tank capacity puts it on the higher end of the spectrum of similar gas backpack blowers.
- X-Torq®: The X-Torq® is Husqvarna's latest technology for two-stroke engines. It reduces fuel consumption by up to 20% and harmful exhaust emissions by up to 60% while increasing torque over a wider rpm range.
The Husqvarna 580BTS Mark III's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Husqvarna 580BTS Mark III compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Its max air speed of 220 MPH places it at the approximate midpoint in comparison to other gas-powered backpack blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Husqvarna 150BT and its 270 MPH could be an option to consider.
- If air volume is an important feature, the 580BTS Mark III by Husqvarna will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 1000 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most gas-powered backpack blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Echo PB-9010T, with 1110 CFM, could be in your good books.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Husqvarna 580BTS Mark III is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Founded in 1689 in the town that bore its namesake, Husqvarna is a Swedish company that has been developing and manufacturing quality tools and accessories for 325 years. This makes Husqvarna one of the longest-operating manufacturers of outdoor products. Thanks to its reputation and a passion for innovation and quality, Husqvarna continues to be an industry leader in the outdoor power tool market.
The Husqvarna 580BTS Mark III is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Husqvarna blowers, please consult Husqvarna's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-487-5951.
Questions & Answers
What size spark plug does the 580 BTS take? (Asked June 2, 2020)
The original spark plug is the NGK CMR7H (opens in a new tab).
What is the difference between the 580BTS, the 580BTS Mark II, and the 580BTS Mark II? (Asked February 21, 2022)
Each version improved on the previous one. For example, the new Mark III version of the 580BTS has a CFM of 1000, while the Mark II had a CFM of 941 and the original unit a CFM of 908.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.