Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Husqvarna 580BTS, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Husqvarna 580BTS
- Power: The 580BTS, built by Husqvarna, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 908 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 209 MPH.
- Handling: By design, this model isn’t the smallest leaf blower on the market. It’s meant to be carried as a backpack so that the bulk of the unit is out of the way and the user’s hands are free to manipulate the nozzle.By design, this model isn’t the smallest leaf blower on the market. It’s meant to be carried as a backpack so that the bulk of the unit is out of the way and the user’s hands are free to manipulate the nozzle. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. However, for a gas-powered backpack blower, the Husqvarna 580BTS is heavier than most, weighing 25.8 lbs.
- Engine: This blower's X-Torq® engine has a displacement specification of 75.6 cc. Please be aware that 2-cycle engines like this one require a mixture of gas and oil in order to run. For the Husqvarna 580BTS, this ratio is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the 580BTS features variable speed settings for added control.
- Noise: The noise emitted by the Husqvarna 580BTS can reach up to 112 dB. Its noise rating is on the higher end compared to other gas-powered backpack leaf blowers.
- Fuel Tank: The fuel tank is well above average – its capacity maxes out at 87.9 fl. oz.
- X-Torq®: The X-Torq® is Husqvarna's latest technology for two-stroke engines. It reduces fuel consumption by up to 20% and harmful exhaust emissions by up to 60% while increasing torque over a wider rpm range.
The Husqvarna 580BTS's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Husqvarna 580BTS compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Its max air speed of 209 MPH places it at the approximate midpoint in comparison to other gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- If power is an important feature, the 580BTS by Husqvarna will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 908 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
The bottom line
- Large Tank (87.9 fl. oz.)
- X-Torq® Engine
- High CFM (908 CFM)
- Decent MPH (209 MPH)
- High Noise (112 dB)
- Quite heavy (25.8 lbs)
Where to buy the Husqvarna 580BTS?
Founded in 1689 in the town that bore its namesake, Husqvarna is a Swedish company that has been developing and manufacturing quality tools and accessories for 325 years. This makes Husqvarna one of the longest-operating manufacturers of outdoor products. Thanks to its reputation and a passion for innovation and quality, Husqvarna continues to be an industry leader in the outdoor power tool market.
Warranty InformationThe Husqvarna 580BTS is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Husqvarna blowers, please consult Husqvarna's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-487-5951.