Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 908|
|MPH||Up to 209|
|Blowing Force||40 N|
|Engine Displacement||75.6 cc|
|Fuel Tank||87.9 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||112 dB|
|Tube Length||47 in|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Husqvarna 580BTS, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Husqvarna 580BTS
- Power: The 580BTS, built by Husqvarna, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 908 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 209 MPH.
- Handling: By design, this model isn’t the smallest leaf blower on the market. It’s meant to be carried as a backpack so that the bulk of the unit is out of the way and the user’s hands are free to manipulate the nozzle. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. Be aware that, at 25.8 lbs, the Husqvarna 580BTS is on the heavier side for gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Engine: Its X-Torq® engine boasts a displacement of 75.6 cc. Please note that, because the Husqvarna 580BTS’s engine is a 2-cycle one, it runs on a mixture of oil and gasoline. According to Husqvarna, the proper fuel mixture ratio for this blower is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the Husqvarna 580BTS allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 112 dB.
- Fuel Tank: The fuel tank is well above average – its capacity maxes out at 87.9 fl. oz.
- X-Torq®: The X-Torq® is Husqvarna's latest technology for two-stroke engines. It reduces fuel consumption by up to 20% and harmful exhaust emissions by up to 60% while increasing torque over a wider rpm range.
The Husqvarna 580BTS's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Husqvarna 580BTS compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 209 MPH, which is pretty much what is to be expected for gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- The 580BTS is powerful, with an airflow rating of 908 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Husqvarna 580BTS is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Large Tank (87.9 fl. oz.)
- X-Torq® Engine
- High CFM (908 CFM)
- Acceptable Noise (112 dB)
- Decent MPH (209 MPH)
- Quite heavy (25.8 lbs)
Founded in 1689 in the town that bore its namesake, Husqvarna is a Swedish company that has been developing and manufacturing quality tools and accessories for 325 years. This makes Husqvarna one of the longest-operating manufacturers of outdoor products. Thanks to its reputation and a passion for innovation and quality, Husqvarna continues to be an industry leader in the outdoor power tool market.
The Husqvarna 580BTS is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Husqvarna blowers, please consult Husqvarna's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-487-5951.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.