Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 908|
|MPH||Up to 209|
|Blowing Force||40 N|
|Engine Displacement||75.6 cc|
|Fuel Tank||87.9 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||112 dB|
|Tube Length||47 in|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Husqvarna 580BTS, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Husqvarna 580BTS
- Power: The Husqvarna 580BTS is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 209 MPH and a max air volume rating of 908 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: Like most backpack blowers, this model is technically heavier than a handheld. That being said, it can feel lighter and more comfortable because of the way it is carried, even when used over extended periods of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. However, for a gas-powered backpack blower, the Husqvarna 580BTS is heavier than most, weighing 25.8 lbs.
- Engine: Its X-Torq® engine boasts a displacement of 75.6 cc. As you may or may not know, 2-stroke engines require a mixture of gasoline and oil in order to keep all the moving parts lubricated while fuelling the engine’s internal combustion. The fuel/oil ratio recommended by Husqvarna for the 580BTS is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the 580BTS offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: The manufacturer specifications state that the 580BTS can generate engine noise approaching 112 dB. This is louder than other gas-powered backpack leaf blowers.
- Fuel Tank: The fuel tank is well above average – its capacity maxes out at 87.9 fl. oz.
- X-Torq®: The X-Torq® is Husqvarna's latest technology for two-stroke engines. It reduces fuel consumption by up to 20% and harmful exhaust emissions by up to 60% while increasing torque over a wider rpm range.
The Husqvarna 580BTS's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Husqvarna 580BTS compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 209 MPH. That makes the 580BTS average in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- If air volume is an important feature, the 580BTS by Husqvarna will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 908 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
The bottom line
- Large Tank (87.9 fl. oz.)
- X-Torq® Engine
- High CFM (908 CFM)
- Decent MPH (209 MPH)
- High Noise (112 dB)
- Quite heavy (25.8 lbs)
Where to buy the husqvarna 580BTS?
Founded in 1689 in the town that bore its namesake, Husqvarna is a Swedish company that has been developing and manufacturing quality tools and accessories for 325 years. This makes Husqvarna one of the longest-operating manufacturers of outdoor products. Thanks to its reputation and a passion for innovation and quality, Husqvarna continues to be an industry leader in the outdoor power tool market.
Warranty InformationThe Husqvarna 580BTS is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Husqvarna blowers, please consult Husqvarna's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-487-5951.