The Husqvarna 580BTS is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 908 CFM at 209 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 75.6 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 908|
|MPH||Up to 209|
|Blowing Force||40 N|
|Engine displacement||75.6 cc|
|Fuel tank||87.9 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||100 dB|
|Tube length||47 in|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Husqvarna 580BTS, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Husqvarna 580BTS
- Power: The Husqvarna 580BTS is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 209 MPH and a max air volume rating of 908 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: Like most backpack blowers, this model is technically heavier than a handheld. That being said, it can feel lighter and more comfortable because of the way it is carried, even when used over extended periods of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. Be aware that, at 25.8 lbs, the Husqvarna 580BTS is on the heavier side for gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Engine: This blower is fitted with a 75.6 cc X-Torq® engine. Please be aware that 2-cycle engines like this one require a mixture of gas and oil in order to run. For the Husqvarna 580BTS, this ratio is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the 580BTS offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 100 dB.
- Fuel Tank: Its impressive 87.9 fl. oz. tank capacity puts it on the higher end of the spectrum for similar gas backpack blowers.
- X-Torq®: The X-Torq® is Husqvarna's latest technology for two-stroke engines. It reduces fuel consumption by up to 20% and harmful exhaust emissions by up to 60% while increasing torque over a wider rpm range.
The Husqvarna 580BTS's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Husqvarna 580BTS compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 209 MPH, which is pretty much what is to be expected for gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- If air volume is an important feature, the 580BTS by Husqvarna will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 908 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most gas-powered backpack blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Husqvarna 580BTS is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Founded in 1689 in the town that bore its namesake, Husqvarna is a Swedish company that has been developing and manufacturing quality tools and accessories for 325 years. This makes Husqvarna one of the longest-operating manufacturers of outdoor products. Thanks to its reputation and a passion for innovation and quality, Husqvarna continues to be an industry leader in the outdoor power tool market.
The Husqvarna 580BTS is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Husqvarna blowers, please consult Husqvarna's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-487-5951.
Questions & Answers
What size spark plug does the 580 BTS take? (Asked June 02, 2020)
The original spark plug is the NGK CMR7H (opens in a new tab).
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.