The Kobalt KHB 3040-06 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 480 CFM at 110 MPH. It features a 3 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 480|
|MPH||Up to 110|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Kobalt KHB 3040-06, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Kobalt KHB 3040-06
- Power: The Kobalt KHB 3040-06 can force 480 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 110 MPH.
- Power delivery: As it is battery-operated, it doesn't need to be plugged in and therefore allows superb freedom of movement.
- Battery: It has a 3 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery (1 battery included) that can work reliably for up to 20 minutes if completely charged.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. All told, it weighs 7.5 lbs — the Kobalt KHB 3040-06 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest cordless handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: There are times when you only need a little more power, while other times you will want a bit more precision when clearing leaves and debris. For this purpose, the KHB 3040-06 offers variable speed settings, adding you, the user, more control, and a cruise control mode, which will allow you to maintain it comfortably for as long as you wish.
The Kobalt KHB 3040-06's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Kobalt KHB 3040-06 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air expelled from the nozzle of this blower can reach 110 MPH. When compared to others of this type, the KHB 3040-06 has a lower air speed than most battery-operated handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Makita XBU01PT with 208 MPH).
- Regarding its air volume, the Kobalt KHB 3040-06 boasts an impressive airflow that can reach 480 CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute). This places it amongst the most powerful of cordless handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRB675i with 675 CFM).
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 20 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the KHB 3040-06 is on the low end when compared with other cordless handheld units (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ LBX6000 with up to 96 minutes of runtime).
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Kobalt KHB 3040-06 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Kobalt is an American brand launched in 1998. Kobalt is the product of a partnership between Lowe’s, a leading seller of home improvement and outdoor products, and J.H. Williams, which is one of Lowe’s primary manufacturers. As one of Lowe’s primary outdoor equipment brands, Kobalt has positioned itself to be a major competitor of Craftsman, Husky, and other similar popular brands.
The Kobalt KHB 3040-06 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Kobalt blowers, please consult Kobalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-3-KOBALT (888-356-2258).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.