The Kobalt KHB 3040-06 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 480 CFM at 110 MPH. It features a 3 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 480|
|MPH||Up to 110|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Kobalt KHB 3040-06, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Kobalt KHB 3040-06
- Power: The KHB 3040-06 is a cordless blower made by Kobalt. It has a maximum air speed of 110 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 480 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: As it is battery-operated, it doesn't need to be plugged in and therefore allows superb freedom of movement.
- Battery: Its 3 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery (1 battery included) offers an autonomy of 20 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. At 7.5 lbs, the Kobalt KHB 3040-06 is within the average weight range of cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the KHB 3040-06 offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
The Kobalt KHB 3040-06's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Kobalt KHB 3040-06 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 110 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Makita XBU01PT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 208 MPH.
- Regarding its air volume, the Kobalt KHB 3040-06 boasts an impressive airflow that can reach 480 CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute). This places it amongst the most powerful cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Ryobi RY404100, with 730 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Users can expect a maximum autonomy of 20 minutes from its battery, which means the KHB 3040-06 won't run as long as many other cordless handheld units before needing to be plugged in. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the EGO POWER+ LBX6000 which offers up to 96 minutes of runtime.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Kobalt KHB 3040-06 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Kobalt is an American brand launched in 1998. Kobalt is the product of a partnership between Lowe’s, a leading seller of home improvement and outdoor products, and J.H. Williams, which is one of Lowe’s primary manufacturers. As one of Lowe’s primary outdoor equipment brands, Kobalt has positioned itself to be a major competitor of Craftsman, Husky, and other similar popular brands.
The Kobalt KHB 3040-06 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Kobalt blowers, please consult Kobalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-3-KOBALT (888-356-2258).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.