The Kobalt KHB 3040-06 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 480 CFM at 110 MPH. It features a 3 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 480|
|MPH||Up to 110|
|Weight (w/ battery)||7.5 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||5.8 lbs|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Kobalt KHB 3040-06, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Kobalt KHB 3040-06
- Power: The Kobalt KHB 3040-06 is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 480 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 110 MPH.
- Power delivery: The blower is battery-operated, so the operator won’t need to worry about getting tripped up by pesky cords when they’re busy getting work done.
- Battery: Its 3 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery (1 battery included) enables the blower to run for up to 20 minutes without needing to recharge.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. All told (including the battery), it weighs 7.5 lbs — the Kobalt KHB 3040-06 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest cordless handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: With its variable speed settings, the Kobalt KHB 3040-06 allows you to precisely control its air output. In addition, the blower is also equipped with cruise control, with which the user can easily maintain the selected settings.
The Kobalt KHB 3040-06's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Kobalt KHB 3040-06 compare with handheld leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 36 and 48V).
- Maxing out at 110 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers between 36 and 48V. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Makita XBU01PT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 208 MPH.
- It has a maximum air volume output of 480 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the KHB 3040-06 is well within average in relation to similar cordless handheld blowers with a comparable voltage. If air volume is important to you, the Husqvarna 350iB, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 20 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the KHB 3040-06 is on the low end when compared with other cordless handheld units of similar voltage. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Makita CBU01Z which offers up to 300 minutes of runtime.
As you can see from this interactive chart, the Kobalt KHB 3040-06 is the cheapest of all cordless blowers.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Kobalt is an American brand launched in 1998. Kobalt is the product of a partnership between Lowe’s, a leading seller of home improvement and outdoor products, and J.H. Williams, which is one of Lowe’s primary manufacturers. As one of Lowe’s primary outdoor equipment brands, Kobalt has positioned itself to be a major competitor of Craftsman, Husky, and other similar popular brands.
The Kobalt KHB 3040-06 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Kobalt blowers, please consult Kobalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-3-KOBALT (888-356-2258).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.