The Kobalt KHB 3040-06 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 480 CFM at 110 MPH. It features a 3 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 480|
|MPH||Up to 110|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Kobalt KHB 3040-06, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Kobalt KHB 3040-06
- Power: The Kobalt KHB 3040-06 is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 480 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 110 MPH.
- Power delivery: As it is battery-operated, it doesn't need to be plugged in and therefore allows superb freedom of movement.
- Battery: Its 3 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery (1 battery included) enables the blower to run for up to 20 minutes without needing to a recharge.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. At 7.5 lbs, the Kobalt KHB 3040-06 is within the average weight range of cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the KHB 3040-06 offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
The Kobalt KHB 3040-06's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Kobalt KHB 3040-06 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 110 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Makita XBU01PT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 208 MPH.
- It has a maximum air volume output of 480 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the KHB 3040-06 is well within average in relation to similar cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Ryobi RY404100, with 730 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 20 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the KHB 3040-06 is on the low end when compared with other cordless handheld units. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the EGO POWER+ LBX6000 which offers up to 96 minutes of runtime.
As you can see from this interactive chart, the Kobalt KHB 3040-06 is the cheapest of all cordless blowers.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Kobalt is an American brand launched in 1998. Kobalt is the product of a partnership between Lowe’s, a leading seller of home improvement and outdoor products, and J.H. Williams, which is one of Lowe’s primary manufacturers. As one of Lowe’s primary outdoor equipment brands, Kobalt has positioned itself to be a major competitor of Craftsman, Husky, and other similar popular brands.
The Kobalt KHB 3040-06 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Kobalt blowers, please consult Kobalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-3-KOBALT (888-356-2258).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.