The Kobalt KHB 2580-06 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 630 CFM at 140 MPH. It features a 2.5 Ah 80 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 630|
|MPH||Up to 140|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Kobalt KHB 2580-06, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Kobalt KHB 2580-06
- Power: The KHB 2580-06 is a cordless blower made by Kobalt. It has a maximum air speed of 140 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 630 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: If you don’t like dealing with cords, you will be delighted to know that this blower is equipped with a brushless, battery-operated motor.
- Battery: Its 2.5 Ah 80 V Li-ion battery (1 battery included) enables the blower to run for up to 75 minutes without needing to a recharge.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. Among other cordless handheld blowers, the Kobalt KHB 2580-06 can be considered light, weighing only 5.8 lbs.
- Speed Settings: With its variable speed settings, the Kobalt KHB 2580-06 allows you to precisely control its air output. In addition, the blower is also equipped with cruise control, with which the user can easily maintain the selected settings.
The Kobalt KHB 2580-06's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Kobalt KHB 2580-06 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 140 MPH. That makes the KHB 2580-06 average in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- If air volume is an important feature, the KHB 2580-06 by Kobalt will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 630 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Snapper XD PowerGrip, with 700 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Thanks to its autonomy of up to 75 mins, the KHB 2580-06 benefits from a higher run time than many cordless handheld units. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the EGO POWER+ LBX6000 can run for up to 96 minutes and could be worth considering.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Kobalt KHB 2580-06 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Kobalt is an American brand launched in 1998. Kobalt is the product of a partnership between Lowe’s, a leading seller of home improvement and outdoor products, and J.H. Williams, which is one of Lowe’s primary manufacturers. As one of Lowe’s primary outdoor equipment brands, Kobalt has positioned itself to be a major competitor of Craftsman, Husky, and other similar popular brands.
The Kobalt KHB 2580-06 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Kobalt blowers, please consult Kobalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-3-KOBALT (888-356-2258).
Questions & Answers
How do you charge the battery? (Asked April 09, 2020)
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.