The Kobalt KHB 2580-06 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 630 CFM at 140 MPH. It features a 2.5 Ah 80 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 630|
|MPH||Up to 140|
|Weight (w/ battery)||8.9 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||5.8 lbs|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Kobalt KHB 2580-06, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Kobalt KHB 2580-06
- Power: The KHB 2580-06 is a cordless blower made by Kobalt. It has a maximum air speed of 140 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 630 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: If you don’t like dealing with cords, you will be delighted to know that this blower is equipped with a brushless, battery-operated motor.
- Battery: Its 2.5 Ah 80 V Li-ion battery (1 KB 2580C-06 battery included) enables the blower to run for up to 75 minutes without needing to recharge.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. At 8.9 lbs (battery included), the Kobalt KHB 2580-06 is within the average weight range of cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: There are times when you only need a little more power, while other times you will want a bit more precision when clearing leaves and debris. For this purpose, the KHB 2580-06 offers variable speed settings, adding you, the user, more control, and a cruise control mode, which will allow you to maintain it comfortably for as long as you wish.
The Kobalt KHB 2580-06's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Kobalt KHB 2580-06 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The Kobalt KHB 2580-06 expels air at speeds up to 140 MPH, making it standard in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the Kobalt KHB 2580-06 boasts an impressive airflow that can reach 630 CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute). This places it amongst the most powerful cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Husqvarna 350iB, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- The KHB 2580-06 is within the average range for cordless handheld units, offering up to 75 minutes of running time when fully charged. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the Makita CBU01Z can run for up to 300 minutes and could be worth considering.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Kobalt KHB 2580-06 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Brushless motor
- Cruise control
- 5 year (limited) warranty
- High CFM (630 CFM)
- Decent weight (8.9 lbs)
- Decent MPH (140 MPH)
- Good autonomy (75 mins)
- The Kobalt KHB 2580-06 doesn't have any notably low specs.
Kobalt is an American brand launched in 1998. Kobalt is the product of a partnership between Lowe’s, a leading seller of home improvement and outdoor products, and J.H. Williams, which is one of Lowe’s primary manufacturers. As one of Lowe’s primary outdoor equipment brands, Kobalt has positioned itself to be a major competitor of Craftsman, Husky, and other similar popular brands.
The Kobalt KHB 2580-06 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Kobalt blowers, please consult Kobalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-3-KOBALT (888-356-2258).
Questions & Answers
How do you charge the battery? (Asked April 9, 2020)
The battery can be charged with the KRC 80-06 (opens in a new tab) or KRC 30-06 (opens in a new tab) charger.
Got some rocks inside the blower and the parts of the fan fins broke off. Where can I get replacement parts? (Asked July 23, 2021)
Replacement parts can be ordered through Kobalt support: 1-888-3-KOBALT (888-356-2258).
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.
SN: KBZ 0940544 speed problem…(with a fully charged battery)