The Kobalt KHB 2580-06 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 630 CFM at 140 MPH. It features a 2.5 Ah 80 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 630|
|MPH||Up to 140|
|Weight (w/ battery)||8.9 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||5.8 lbs|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Kobalt KHB 2580-06, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Kobalt KHB 2580-06
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 630 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 140 MPH.
- Power delivery: This blower has a brushless, battery-operated motor. Thus, the user won’t have to worry about tripping over pesky cords when they’re busy working their lawn.
- Battery: Its 2.5 Ah 80 V Li-ion battery (1 KB 2580C-06 battery included) enables the blower to run for up to 75 minutes without needing to recharge.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. At 8.9 lbs (battery included), the Kobalt KHB 2580-06 is within the average weight range of cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: To provide more control over their job to the user, the unit has a variable speed control setting. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Kobalt KHB 2580-06 to match it. On top of that, maintaining the selected speed is effortless, as it also features cruise control.
The Kobalt KHB 2580-06's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Kobalt KHB 2580-06 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 140 MPH. That makes the KHB 2580-06 average in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the Kobalt KHB 2580-06 boasts an impressive airflow that can reach 630 CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute). This places it amongst the most powerful cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the CAT DG651, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Thanks to its autonomy of up to 75 mins, the KHB 2580-06 benefits from a higher run time than many cordless handheld units. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the Toro 51822 can run for up to 140 minutes and could be worth considering.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Kobalt KHB 2580-06 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Kobalt is an American brand launched in 1998. Kobalt is the product of a partnership between Lowe’s, a leading seller of home improvement and outdoor products, and J.H. Williams, which is one of Lowe’s primary manufacturers. As one of Lowe’s primary outdoor equipment brands, Kobalt has positioned itself to be a major competitor of Craftsman, Husky, and other similar popular brands.
The Kobalt KHB 2580-06 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Kobalt blowers, please consult Kobalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-3-KOBALT (888-356-2258).
Questions & Answers
How do you charge the battery? (Asked April 9, 2020)
Got some rocks inside the blower and the parts of the fan fins broke off. Where can I get replacement parts? (Asked July 23, 2021)
Replacement parts can be ordered through Kobalt support: 1-888-3-KOBALT (888-356-2258).
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.