The Kobalt KHB 2580-06 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 630 CFM at 140 MPH. It features a 2.5 Ah 80 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 630|
|MPH||Up to 140|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Kobalt KHB 2580-06, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Kobalt KHB 2580-06
- Power: The KHB 2580-06 is a cordless blower made by Kobalt. It has a maximum air speed of 140 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 630 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: If you don’t like dealing with cords, you will be delighted to know that this blower is equipped with a brushless, battery-operated motor.
- Battery: Its 2.5 Ah 80 V Li-ion battery (1 battery included) means that a user can operate the KHB 2580-06 for an estimated 75 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. All told, it weighs 5.8 lbs — the Kobalt KHB 2580-06 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest cordless handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: There are times when you only need a little more power, while other times you will want a bit more precision when clearing leaves and debris. For this purpose, the KHB 2580-06 offers variable speed settings, adding you, the user, more control, and a cruise control mode, which will allow you to maintain it comfortably for as long as you wish.
The Kobalt KHB 2580-06's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Kobalt KHB 2580-06 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 140 MPH. That makes the KHB 2580-06 average in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Makita XBU01PT with 208 MPH).
- The KHB 2580-06 is powerful, with an airflow rating of 630 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other cordless handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRB675i with 675 CFM).
- Thanks to its autonomy of up to 75 mins, the KHB 2580-06 benefits from a higher run time than many cordless handheld units (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ LBX6000 with up to 96 minutes of runtime).
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Kobalt KHB 2580-06 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Kobalt is an American brand launched in 1998. Kobalt is the product of a partnership between Lowe’s, a leading seller of home improvement and outdoor products, and J.H. Williams, which is one of Lowe’s primary manufacturers. As one of Lowe’s primary outdoor equipment brands, Kobalt has positioned itself to be a major competitor of Craftsman, Husky, and other similar popular brands.
The Kobalt KHB 2580-06 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Kobalt blowers, please consult Kobalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-3-KOBALT (888-356-2258).
Questions & Answers
How do you charge the battery? (Asked April 09, 2020)
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.