The Kobalt KBB 600A-06 is a cordless backpack leaf blower delivering 580 CFM at 145 MPH. It features a 2 Ah 80 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 580|
|MPH||Up to 145|
|Weight (w/ battery)||11.1 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||8.3 lbs|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Kobalt KBB 600A-06, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Kobalt KBB 600A-06
- Power: The Kobalt KBB 600A-06 can force 580 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 145 MPH.
- Power delivery: Since the device is powered by a brushless, battery-operated motor, it doesn’t require to be plugged in and therefore, it allows superb freedom of movement.
- Battery: It has a 2 Ah 80 V Li-ion battery (1 KB 280-06 battery included) that should work reliably for up to 30 minutes if completely charged.
- Handling: By design, this model isn’t the smallest leaf blower on the market. It’s meant to be carried as a backpack so that the bulk of the unit is out of the way and the user’s hands are free to manipulate the nozzle. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. When compared to other electric backpack blowers, the Kobalt KBB 600A-06 stands out due to its lower weight: just 11.1 lbs battery included.
- Speed Settings: To provide more control over their job to the user, the unit has a variable speed control setting. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Kobalt KBB 600A-06 to match it. On top of that, maintaining the selected speed is effortless, as it also features cruise control.
The Kobalt KBB 600A-06's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Kobalt KBB 600A-06 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 145 MPH. That makes the KBB 600A-06 average in terms of air speed for battery-operated backpack blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Ryobi RY404170 and its 165 MPH could be an option to consider.
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 580 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other cordless backpack blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Worx WG572, which boasts with 800 CFM.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 30 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the KBB 600A-06 is on the low end when compared with other cordless backpack units. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Kobalt KBB 4240-06 which offers up to 200 minutes of runtime.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless backpack blowers, the Kobalt KBB 600A-06 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Kobalt is an American brand launched in 1998. Kobalt is the product of a partnership between Lowe’s, a leading seller of home improvement and outdoor products, and J.H. Williams, which is one of Lowe’s primary manufacturers. As one of Lowe’s primary outdoor equipment brands, Kobalt has positioned itself to be a major competitor of Craftsman, Husky, and other similar popular brands.
The Kobalt KBB 600A-06 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Kobalt blowers, please consult Kobalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-3-KOBALT (888-356-2258).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.