The Kobalt KBB 600B-06 is a lightweight cordless backpack leaf blower delivering 580 CFM at 145 MPH. It is powered by a 80 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 580|
|MPH||Up to 145|
|Weight (tool only)||8.3 lbs|
|Other model numbers||KKB 6080-06|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Kobalt KBB 600B-06, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Kobalt KBB 600B-06
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 580 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 145 MPH.
- Power delivery: Kobalt designed this unit and its brushless, battery-operated motor with top-of-the-food-chain maneuverability in mind. The KBB 600B-06 doesn’t need to be plugged in, so you can take it anywhere easily.
- Battery: With its 2 Ah 80 V Li-ion battery (battery not included), the Kobalt KBB 600B-06 has a standard, full-charge run time of up to 30 minutes.
- Handling: Like most backpack blowers, this model is technically heavier than a handheld. That being said, it can feel lighter and more comfortable because of the way it is carried, even when used over extended periods of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. When compared to other electric backpack blowers, the Kobalt KBB 600B-06 stands out due to its lower weight: just 8.3 lbs for the blower alone.
- Speed Settings: There are times when you only need a little more power, while other times you will want a bit more precision when clearing leaves and debris. For this purpose, the KBB 600B-06 offers variable speed settings, adding you, the user, more control, and a cruise control mode, which will allow you to maintain it comfortably for as long as you wish.
The Kobalt KBB 600B-06's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Kobalt KBB 600B-06 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Its max air speed of 145 MPH places it at the approximate midpoint in comparison to other battery-operated backpack blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the EGO LBPX8000 and its 190 MPH could be an option to consider.
- As this unit is rated at 580 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it expells less air than most cordless backpack blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Worx WG572, which boasts with 800 CFM.
- Users can expect a maximum autonomy of 30 minutes from its battery, which means the KBB 600B-06 won't run as long as many other cordless backpack units before needing to be plugged in. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Worx WG572 which offers up to 230 minutes of runtime.
As you can see from this interactive chart, the Kobalt KBB 600B-06 is the cheapest of all cordless backpack blowers.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Kobalt is an American brand launched in 1998. Kobalt is the product of a partnership between Lowe’s, a leading seller of home improvement and outdoor products, and J.H. Williams, which is one of Lowe’s primary manufacturers. As one of Lowe’s primary outdoor equipment brands, Kobalt has positioned itself to be a major competitor of Craftsman, Husky, and other similar popular brands.
The Kobalt KBB 600B-06 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Kobalt blowers, please consult Kobalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-3-KOBALT (888-356-2258).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.