The Kobalt KBB 600B-06 is a lightweight cordless backpack leaf blower delivering 580 CFM at 145 MPH. It is powered by a 80 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 580|
|MPH||Up to 145|
|Weight (tool only)||8.3 lbs|
|Other model numbers||KKB 6080-06|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Kobalt KBB 600B-06, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Kobalt KBB 600B-06
- Power: The Kobalt KBB 600B-06 is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 580 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 145 MPH.
- Power delivery: Kobalt designed this unit and its brushless, battery-operated motor with top-of-the-food-chain maneuverability in mind. The KBB 600B-06 doesn’t need to be plugged in, so you can take it anywhere easily.
- Battery: It is powered by a 80 V Li-ion battery (battery not included) that should work reliably for up to 30 minutes if completely charged.
- Handling: As this unit is a backpack leaf blower, the majority of the unit is distributed so that the user can operate it with ease for most reasonable periods of use. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. When compared to other electric backpack blowers, the Kobalt KBB 600B-06 stands out due to its lower weight: just 8.3 lbs for the blower alone.
- Speed Settings: With its variable speed settings, the Kobalt KBB 600B-06 allows you to precisely control its air output. In addition, the blower is also equipped with cruise control, with which the user can easily maintain the selected settings.
The Kobalt KBB 600B-06's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Kobalt KBB 600B-06 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The air speed of the Kobalt KBB 600B-06 maxes out at 145 MPH. While more than adequate for many jobs, its air speed is below average among other battery-operated backpack blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Stihl BGA 300, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 192 MPH.
- As this unit is rated at 580 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it expells less air than most cordless backpack blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the EGO LBPX8004-2, which boasts with 800 CFM.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 30 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the KBB 600B-06 is on the low end when compared with other cordless backpack units. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Makita CBU02Z which offers up to 240 minutes of runtime.
The bottom line
- Lightweight (8.3 lbs)
- Brushless motor
- Cruise control
- 5 year (limited) warranty
- Battery not included
- Low CFM (580 CFM)
- Low MPH (145 MPH)
- Low autonomy (30 mins)
Kobalt is an American brand launched in 1998. Kobalt is the product of a partnership between Lowe’s, a leading seller of home improvement and outdoor products, and J.H. Williams, which is one of Lowe’s primary manufacturers. As one of Lowe’s primary outdoor equipment brands, Kobalt has positioned itself to be a major competitor of Craftsman, Husky, and other similar popular brands.
The Kobalt KBB 600B-06 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Kobalt blowers, please consult Kobalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-3-KOBALT (888-356-2258).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.