Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 500|
|MPH||Up to 125|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Kobalt 80V Max KHB 400B-06
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 500 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 125 MPH.
- Power delivery: The 80V Max KHB 400B-06 is a battery-operated unit, so it doesn’t need to be plugged in during use. Users will enjoy the added mobility of its cordless design.
- Battery: Its 2 Ah 80 V Li-ion battery (1 battery included) enables the blower to run for up to 70 minutes without needing to a recharge.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. However, for a cordless handheld blower, the Kobalt 80V Max KHB 400B-06 is heavier than most, weighing 8.9 lbs.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the 80V Max KHB 400B-06 features variable speed settings for added control.
The Kobalt 80V Max KHB 400B-06's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Kobalt 80V Max KHB 400B-06 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 125 MPH. That makes the 80V Max KHB 400B-06 average in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Makita XBU01PT with 208 MPH).
- The 80V Max KHB 400B-06 is powerful, with an airflow rating of 500 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other cordless handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRB675i with 675 CFM).
- Thanks to its autonomy of up to 70 mins, the 80V Max KHB 400B-06 benefits from a higher run time than many cordless handheld units (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ 580 CFM LB5804 with up to 180 minutes of runtime).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other cordless handheld blowers, the Kobalt 80V Max KHB 400B-06 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- High CFM (500 CFM)
- Excellent autonomy (70 mins)
- Decent MPH (125 MPH)
- Quite heavy (8.9 lbs)
Kobalt is an American brand launched in 1998. Kobalt is the product of a partnership between Lowe’s, a leading seller of home improvement and outdoor products, and J.H. Williams, which is one of Lowe’s primary manufacturers. As one of Lowe’s primary outdoor equipment brands, Kobalt has positioned itself to be a major competitor of Craftsman, Husky, and other similar popular brands.
The Kobalt 80V Max KHB 400B-06 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Kobalt blowers, please consult Kobalt's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-3-KOBALT (888-356-2258).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.