Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 500|
|MPH||Up to 125|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Kobalt 80V Max KHB 400B-06
- Power: The 80V Max KHB 400B-06 is blower made by Kobalt. It has a maximum air speed of 125 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 500 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: Those who don’t want to fuss with cords will be glad to know that this blower is battery-operated.
- Battery: It has a 2 Ah 80 V Li-ion battery (1 battery included) that can work reliably for up to 70 minutes if completely charged.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. However, for a cordless handheld blower, the Kobalt 80V Max KHB 400B-06 is heavier than most, weighing 8.9 lbs.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the 80V Max KHB 400B-06 features variable speed settings for added control.
The Kobalt 80V Max KHB 400B-06's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Kobalt 80V Max KHB 400B-06 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 125 MPH. That makes the 80V Max KHB 400B-06 average in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Makita XBU01PT with 208 MPH).
- The 80V Max KHB 400B-06 is powerful, with an airflow rating of 500 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other cordless handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRB675i with 675 CFM).
- The longevity of this model’s battery is notably higher than most cordless handheld units It offers an autonomy of up to 70 minutes (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ 580 CFM LB5804 with up to 180 minutes of runtime).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other cordless handheld blowers, the Kobalt 80V Max KHB 400B-06 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it would most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- High CFM (500 CFM)
- Excellent autonomy (70 mins)
- Decent MPH (125 MPH)
- On the expensive side
- Quite heavy (8.9 lbs)
Where to buy the kobalt 80V Max KHB 400B-06?
Kobalt is an American brand launched in 1998. Kobalt is the product of a partnership between Lowe’s, a leading seller of home improvement and outdoor products, and J.H. Williams, which is one of Lowe’s primary manufacturers. As one of Lowe’s primary outdoor equipment brands, Kobalt has positioned itself to be a major competitor of Craftsman, Husky, and other similar popular brands.
Warranty InformationThe Kobalt 80V Max KHB 400B-06 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Kobalt blowers, please consult Kobalt's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-3-KOBALT (888-356-2258).