The Kobalt KBB 4240-06 is a cordless backpack leaf blower delivering 690 CFM at 135 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery system. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 690|
|MPH||Up to 135|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Kobalt KBB 4240-06, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Kobalt KBB 4240-06
- Power: The Kobalt KBB 4240-06 can force 690 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 135 MPH.
- Power delivery: If you don’t like dealing with cords, you will be delighted to know that this blower is equipped with a brushless, battery-operated motor.
- Battery: Its 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery system (2 batteries included) offers a maximum autonomy of 200 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: By design, this model isn’t the smallest leaf blower on the market. It’s meant to be carried as a backpack so that the bulk of the unit is out of the way and the user’s hands are free to manipulate the nozzle. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. However, for a electric backpack blower, the Kobalt KBB 4240-06 is heavier than most, weighing 22 lbs.
- Speed Settings: With its variable speed settings, the Kobalt KBB 4240-06 allows you to precisely control its air output. In addition, the blower is also equipped with cruise control, with which the user can easily maintain the selected settings.
The Kobalt KBB 4240-06's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Kobalt KBB 4240-06 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 135 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for battery-operated backpack blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Greenworks 60BP700, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 160 MPH.
- Regarding its air volume, the Kobalt KBB 4240-06 boasts an impressive airflow that can reach 690 CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute). This places it amongst the most powerful cordless backpack blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Greenworks 60BP700, with 710 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Thanks to its autonomy of up to 200 mins, the KBB 4240-06 benefits from the highest achievable run time for a cordless backpack unit.
As you can see from this interactive chart, the Kobalt KBB 4240-06 is the cheapest of all cordless backpack blowers.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Kobalt is an American brand launched in 1998. Kobalt is the product of a partnership between Lowe’s, a leading seller of home improvement and outdoor products, and J.H. Williams, which is one of Lowe’s primary manufacturers. As one of Lowe’s primary outdoor equipment brands, Kobalt has positioned itself to be a major competitor of Craftsman, Husky, and other similar popular brands.
The Kobalt KBB 4240-06 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Kobalt blowers, please consult Kobalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-3-KOBALT (888-356-2258).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.