The Kobalt KBB 4240-06 is a cordless backpack leaf blower delivering 690 CFM at 135 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery system. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 690|
|MPH||Up to 135|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Kobalt KBB 4240-06
- Power: The Kobalt KBB 4240-06 can force 690 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 135 MPH.
- Power delivery: The KBB 4240-06 is a brushless-motor, battery-operated blower. Therefore, it doesn’t require to be plugged in when it’s being used. The user will enjoy the added mobility of its cordless design
- Battery: Its 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery system (2 batteries included) offers an autonomy of 200 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: As this unit is a backpack leaf blower, the majority of the unit is distributed so that the user can operate it with ease for most reasonable periods of use. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. At 22 lbs, the Kobalt KBB 4240-06 is within the average weight range of electric backpack blowers.
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the KBB 4240-06 offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
The Kobalt KBB 4240-06's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Kobalt KBB 4240-06 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 135 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for electric backpack blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Poulan Pro PRBP675i, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 150 MPH.
- The KBB 4240-06 is powerful, with an airflow rating of 690 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is the highest CFM among electric backpack blowers.
- Thanks to its autonomy of up to 200 mins, the KBB 4240-06 benefits from the highest achievable run time for a cordless backpack unit.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric backpack blowers, the Kobalt KBB 4240-06 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Kobalt is an American brand launched in 1998. Kobalt is the product of a partnership between Lowe’s, a leading seller of home improvement and outdoor products, and J.H. Williams, which is one of Lowe’s primary manufacturers. As one of Lowe’s primary outdoor equipment brands, Kobalt has positioned itself to be a major competitor of Craftsman, Husky, and other similar popular brands.
The Kobalt KBB 4240-06 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Kobalt blowers, please consult Kobalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-3-KOBALT (888-356-2258).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.