The Kobalt KBB 4240-06 is a cordless backpack leaf blower delivering 690 CFM at 135 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery system. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 690|
|MPH||Up to 135|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Kobalt KBB 4240-06, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Kobalt KBB 4240-06
- Power: The KBB 4240-06 is a cordless blower made by Kobalt. It has a maximum air speed of 135 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 690 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: Since the device is powered by a brushless, battery-operated motor, it doesn’t require to be plugged in and therefore, it allows superb freedom of movement.
- Battery: Its 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery system (2 batteries included) enables the blower to run for up to 200 minutes without needing to a recharge.
- Handling: As this unit is a backpack leaf blower, the majority of the unit is distributed so that the user can operate it with ease for most reasonable periods of use. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. At 22 lbs, the Kobalt KBB 4240-06 is within the average weight range of electric backpack blowers.
- Speed Settings: With its variable speed settings, the Kobalt KBB 4240-06 allows you to precisely control its air output. In addition, the blower is also equipped with cruise control, with which the user can easily maintain the selected settings.
The Kobalt KBB 4240-06's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Kobalt KBB 4240-06 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 135 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for battery-operated backpack blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Poulan Pro PRBP675i, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 150 MPH.
- Regarding its air volume, the Kobalt KBB 4240-06 boasts an impressive airflow that can reach 690 CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute). This makes it one of the most powerful cordless backpack blowers.
- The longevity of this model’s battery is one of the best among cordless backpack units. It offers an autonomy of up to 200 minutes.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless backpack blowers, the Kobalt KBB 4240-06 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Kobalt is an American brand launched in 1998. Kobalt is the product of a partnership between Lowe’s, a leading seller of home improvement and outdoor products, and J.H. Williams, which is one of Lowe’s primary manufacturers. As one of Lowe’s primary outdoor equipment brands, Kobalt has positioned itself to be a major competitor of Craftsman, Husky, and other similar popular brands.
The Kobalt KBB 4240-06 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Kobalt blowers, please consult Kobalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-3-KOBALT (888-356-2258).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.