The Kobalt KBB 6080-06 is a lightweight cordless backpack leaf blower delivering 580 CFM at 145 MPH. It is powered by a 80 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Up to 580
|Up to 145
|Weight (tool only)
|Other model numbers
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Kobalt KBB 6080-06, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Kobalt KBB 6080-06
- Power: The Kobalt KBB 6080-06 is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 580 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 145 MPH.
- Power delivery: The KBB 6080-06 is a brushless-motor, battery-operated blower. Therefore, it doesn’t require to be plugged in when it’s being used. The user will enjoy the added mobility of its cordless design.
- Battery: Its 80 V Li-ion battery (battery not included) enables the blower to run for up to 30 minutes without needing to recharge.
- Handling: As this unit is a backpack leaf blower, the majority of the unit is distributed so that the user can operate it with ease for most reasonable periods of use. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. Among other electric backpack blowers, the Kobalt KBB 6080-06 can be considered light, weighing only 8.3 lbs without a battery.
- Speed Settings: With its variable speed settings, the Kobalt KBB 6080-06 allows you to precisely control its air output. In addition, the blower is also equipped with cruise control, with which the user can easily maintain the selected settings.
The Kobalt KBB 6080-06's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Kobalt KBB 6080-06 compare with other cordless backpack leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 145 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for battery-operated backpack blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Echo DPB-5800T, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 195 MPH.
- As this unit is rated at 580 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it expells less air than most cordless backpack blowers with a comparable voltage. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the EGO LBPX8004-2, which boasts with 800 CFM.
- Users can expect a maximum autonomy of 30 minutes from its battery, which means the KBB 6080-06 won't run as long as many other cordless backpack units before needing to be plugged in. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Makita CBU02Z which offers up to 240 minutes of runtime.
As you can see from these interactive charts, the Kobalt KBB 6080-06 is the cheapest of all cordless backpack blowers.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Kobalt is an American brand launched in 1998. Kobalt is the product of a partnership between Lowe’s, a leading seller of home improvement and outdoor products, and J.H. Williams, which is one of Lowe’s primary manufacturers. As one of Lowe’s primary outdoor equipment brands, Kobalt has positioned itself to be a major competitor of Craftsman, Husky, and other similar popular brands.
The Kobalt KBB 6080-06 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Kobalt blowers, please consult Kobalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-3-KOBALT (888-356-2258).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.