The Kobalt KBB 7580-06 is a cordless backpack leaf blower delivering 776 CFM at 154 MPH. It is powered by 80 V Li-ion batteries. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 776|
|MPH||Up to 154|
|Weight (tool only)||16.64 lbs|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Kobalt KBB 7580-06, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Kobalt KBB 7580-06
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 776 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 154 MPH.
- Power delivery: The KBB 7580-06 is a brushless-motor, battery-operated blower. Therefore, it doesn’t require to be plugged in when it’s being used. The user will enjoy the added mobility of its cordless design.
- Battery: The unit features two 80V battery ports (no battery is included with the unit), which allows it to run on either one or two batteries, extending its runtime. All Kobalt 80V batteries are compatible with the KBB 7580-06. The maximum expected runtime will therefore depend on the capacity of the inserted batteries.
- Handling: This blower’s backpack functionality makes make it less exerting on the user, even when used for an extended period of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. However, for an electric backpack blower, the Kobalt KBB 7580-06 is heavier than most, weighing 16.64 lbs without any battery.
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the KBB 7580-06 offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
The Kobalt KBB 7580-06's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Kobalt KBB 7580-06 compare with backpack leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 60 and 80V).
- The Kobalt KBB 7580-06 expels air at speeds up to 154 MPH, making it standard in terms of air speed for battery-operated backpack blowers between 60 and 80V. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Echo DPB-5800T and its 195 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the Kobalt KBB 7580-06 boasts an impressive airflow that can reach 776 CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute). This places it amongst the most powerful cordless backpack blowers with a comparable voltage. If air volume is important to you, the Worx WG572, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless backpack blowers, the Kobalt KBB 7580-06 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Kobalt is an American brand launched in 1998. Kobalt is the product of a partnership between Lowe’s, a leading seller of home improvement and outdoor products, and J.H. Williams, which is one of Lowe’s primary manufacturers. As one of Lowe’s primary outdoor equipment brands, Kobalt has positioned itself to be a major competitor of Craftsman, Husky, and other similar popular brands.
The Kobalt KBB 7580-06 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Kobalt blowers, please consult Kobalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-3-KOBALT (888-356-2258).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.