The Kobalt KHB 400B is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 500 CFM at 125 MPH. It is powered by a 2 Ah 80 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 500|
|MPH||Up to 125|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Kobalt KHB400B, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Kobalt KHB 400B
- Power: The Kobalt KHB 400B can force 500 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 125 MPH.
- Power delivery: Kobalt designed this unit and its brushless, battery-operated motor with top-of-the-food-chain maneuverability in mind. The KHB 400B doesn’t need to be plugged in, so you can take it anywhere easily.
- Battery: Its 2 Ah 80 V Li-ion battery (battery not included) means that a user can operate the KHB 400B for an estimated 70 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. Among other cordless handheld blowers, the Kobalt KHB 400B can be considered light, weighing only 5.7 lbs.
- Speed Settings: Kobalt designed the KHB 400B with control and precision in mind. That’s why this model has 3 speed settings, meaning that its air output can be adjusted to suit the user’s needs.
The Kobalt KHB 400B's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Kobalt KHB 400B compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 125 MPH, which is pretty much what is to be expected for battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- If air volume is an important feature, the KHB 400B by Kobalt will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 500 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Snapper XD PowerGrip, with 700 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Thanks to its autonomy of up to 70 mins, the KHB 400B benefits from a higher run time than many cordless handheld units. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the EGO POWER+ LBX6000 can run for up to 96 minutes and could be worth considering.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Kobalt KHB 400B is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Kobalt is an American brand launched in 1998. Kobalt is the product of a partnership between Lowe’s, a leading seller of home improvement and outdoor products, and J.H. Williams, which is one of Lowe’s primary manufacturers. As one of Lowe’s primary outdoor equipment brands, Kobalt has positioned itself to be a major competitor of Craftsman, Husky, and other similar popular brands.
The Kobalt KHB 400B is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Kobalt blowers, please consult Kobalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-3-KOBALT (888-356-2258).
Questions & Answers
Where to find a replacement battery? (Asked June 08, 2020)
Kobalt's 80V battery can easily be bought online. See it on Amazon (opens in a new tab).
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.