The Kobalt KHB 400B is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 500 CFM at 125 MPH. It is powered by a 2 Ah 80 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 500|
|MPH||Up to 125|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Kobalt KHB400B, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Kobalt KHB 400B
- Power: The KHB 400B is a cordless blower made by Kobalt. It has a maximum air speed of 125 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 500 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: The KHB 400B is a brushless-motor, battery-operated blower. Therefore, it doesn’t require to be plugged in when it’s being used. The user will enjoy the added mobility of its cordless design
- Battery: Its 2 Ah 80 V Li-ion battery (battery not included) means that a user can operate the KHB 400B for an estimated 70 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. All told, it weighs 5.7 lbs — the Kobalt KHB 400B is neither the lightest nor the heaviest cordless handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: Kobalt designed the KHB 400B with control and precision in mind. That’s why this model has 3 speed settings, meaning that its air output can be adjusted to suit the user’s needs.
The Kobalt KHB 400B's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Kobalt KHB 400B compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 125 MPH. That makes the KHB 400B average in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Makita XBU01PT with 208 MPH).
- Regarding its air volume, the Kobalt KHB 400B boasts an impressive airflow that can reach 500 CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute). This places it amongst the most powerful of cordless handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRB675i with 675 CFM).
- The longevity of this model’s battery is notably higher than most cordless handheld units It offers an autonomy of up to 70 minutes (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ LBX6000 with up to 96 minutes of runtime).
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Kobalt KHB 400B is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Kobalt is an American brand launched in 1998. Kobalt is the product of a partnership between Lowe’s, a leading seller of home improvement and outdoor products, and J.H. Williams, which is one of Lowe’s primary manufacturers. As one of Lowe’s primary outdoor equipment brands, Kobalt has positioned itself to be a major competitor of Craftsman, Husky, and other similar popular brands.
The Kobalt KHB 400B is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Kobalt blowers, please consult Kobalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-3-KOBALT (888-356-2258).
Questions & Answers
Where to find a replacement battery? (Asked June 08, 2020)
Kobalt's 80V battery can easily be bought online. See it on Amazon (opens in a new tab).
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.