The Kobalt KHB 400B is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 500 CFM at 125 MPH. It is powered by a 2 Ah 80 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 500|
|MPH||Up to 125|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Kobalt KHB400B, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Kobalt KHB 400B
- Power: The KHB 400B is a cordless blower made by Kobalt. It has a maximum air speed of 125 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 500 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: Since the device is powered by a brushless, battery-operated motor, it doesn’t require to be plugged in and therefore, it allows superb freedom of movement.
- Battery: Its 2 Ah 80 V Li-ion battery (battery not included) offers an autonomy of 70 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. All told, it weighs 5.7 lbs — the Kobalt KHB 400B is neither the lightest nor the heaviest cordless handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its 3 speed settings, the Kobalt KHB 400B allows the user to adjust the air output to the task in hand.
The Kobalt KHB 400B's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Kobalt KHB 400B compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The Kobalt KHB 400B expels air at speeds up to 125 MPH, making it standard in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Makita XBU01PT with 208 MPH).
- If air volume is an important feature, the KHB 400B by Kobalt will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 500 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most cordless handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRB675i with 675 CFM).
- Thanks to its autonomy of up to 70 mins, the KHB 400B benefits from a higher run time than many cordless handheld units (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ LBX6000 with up to 96 minutes of runtime).
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Kobalt KHB 400B is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Kobalt is an American brand launched in 1998. Kobalt is the product of a partnership between Lowe’s, a leading seller of home improvement and outdoor products, and J.H. Williams, which is one of Lowe’s primary manufacturers. As one of Lowe’s primary outdoor equipment brands, Kobalt has positioned itself to be a major competitor of Craftsman, Husky, and other similar popular brands.
The Kobalt KHB 400B is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Kobalt blowers, please consult Kobalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-3-KOBALT (888-356-2258).
Questions & Answers
Where to find a replacement battery? (Asked June 08, 2020)
Kobalt's 80V battery can easily be bought online. See it on Amazon (opens in a new tab).
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.