The Kobalt KLB 1040A-03 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 520 CFM at 120 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 520|
|MPH||Up to 120|
|Weight (w/ battery)||12.9 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||9.6 lbs|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Kobalt KLB 1040A-03, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Kobalt KLB 1040A-03
- Power: The Kobalt KLB 1040A-03 is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 520 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 120 MPH.
- Power delivery: If you don’t like dealing with cords, you will be delighted to know that this blower is equipped with a brushless, battery-operated motor.
- Battery: The Kobalt KLB 1040A-03 is powered by an easy-to-recharge 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery (1 battery included).
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. Be aware that, at 12.9 lbs, the Kobalt KLB 1040A-03 is on the heavier side of cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the KLB 1040A-03 offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
The Kobalt KLB 1040A-03's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Kobalt KLB 1040A-03 compare with handheld leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 36 and 48V).
- Air expelled from the nozzle of this blower can reach 120 MPH. When compared to others of this type, the KLB 1040A-03 has a lower air speed than most battery-operated handheld blowers in the 36 and 48V range. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Makita XBU01PT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 208 MPH.
- The KLB 1040A-03 is average in terms of air volume. It's rated at 520 CFM, which is common for cordless handheld blowers with a comparable voltage. If air volume is important to you, the Husqvarna 350iB, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Kobalt KLB 1040A-03 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Kobalt is an American brand launched in 1998. Kobalt is the product of a partnership between Lowe’s, a leading seller of home improvement and outdoor products, and J.H. Williams, which is one of Lowe’s primary manufacturers. As one of Lowe’s primary outdoor equipment brands, Kobalt has positioned itself to be a major competitor of Craftsman, Husky, and other similar popular brands.
The Kobalt KLB 1040A-03 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Kobalt blowers, please consult Kobalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-3-KOBALT (888-356-2258).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.