The Kobalt KLB 1040A-03 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 520 CFM at 120 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 520|
|MPH||Up to 120|
|Weight (w/ battery)||12.9 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||9.6 lbs|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Kobalt KLB 1040A-03, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Kobalt KLB 1040A-03
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 520 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 120 MPH.
- Power delivery: Since the device is powered by a brushless, battery-operated motor, it doesn’t require to be plugged in and therefore, it allows superb freedom of movement.
- Battery: The Kobalt KLB 1040A-03 is powered by an easy-to-recharge 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion battery (1 battery included).
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. However, for a cordless handheld blower, the Kobalt KLB 1040A-03 is heavier than most, weighing 12.9 lbs.
- Speed Settings: With its variable speed settings, the Kobalt KLB 1040A-03 allows you to precisely control its air output. In addition, the blower is also equipped with cruise control, with which the user can easily maintain the selected settings.
The Kobalt KLB 1040A-03's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Kobalt KLB 1040A-03 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 120 MPH, which is pretty much what is to be expected for battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Kobalt KLB 1040A-03 can reach 520 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Husqvarna 350iB, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Kobalt KLB 1040A-03 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
The bottom line
- Brushless motor
- Cruise control
- 5 year (limited) warranty
- Decent CFM (520 CFM)
- Decent MPH (120 MPH)
- Quite heavy (12.9 lbs)
Kobalt is an American brand launched in 1998. Kobalt is the product of a partnership between Lowe’s, a leading seller of home improvement and outdoor products, and J.H. Williams, which is one of Lowe’s primary manufacturers. As one of Lowe’s primary outdoor equipment brands, Kobalt has positioned itself to be a major competitor of Craftsman, Husky, and other similar popular brands.
The Kobalt KLB 1040A-03 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Kobalt blowers, please consult Kobalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-3-KOBALT (888-356-2258).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.