Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 1397|
|MPH||Up to 153|
|Engine Displacement||163 cc|
|Fuel Tank||106 fl. oz.|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Little Wonder Optimax™ 9160-02-01, the user manual is available here.
Little Wonder Optimax blowers are the best-designed blowers in the world… known for unmatched leaf-blowing efficiency.
Little Wonder Optimax blowers outperform the competition for moving stubborn debris, removing standing water, preparing asphalt or flat roofs for resurfacing, or for any job that requires hurricane-force air! Durable, solid-steel construction… they’re built to last and are backed by a 5-Year Warranty. (source: Little Wonder)
Overview of the Little Wonder Optimax™ 9160-02-01
- Power: The Optimax™ 9160-02-01 gas-powered blower, manufactured by Little Wonder, is rated for a max air volume of 1397 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 153 MPH.
- Handling: Walk-behind leaf blowers such as the Little Wonder Optimax™ 9160-02-01 are the most powerful. They are wheeled, heavy, have to be pushed and are mostly used by professionals. When compared to other gas-powered walk-behind blowers, the Little Wonder Optimax™ 9160-02-01 stands out due to its lower weight: just 108 lbs.
- Engine: This blower is fitted with a 163 cc Honda engine. As this is a 4-stroke engine, the blower does not require a mix of gas and oil in order to run.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the Optimax™ 9160-02-01 features variable speed settings for added control.
- Fuel Tank: Its 106 fl. oz. fuel tank may be relatively low in capacity, but the decreased weight affords the Optimax™ 9160-02-01 greater comfort and ease of use.
The Little Wonder Optimax™ 9160-02-01's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Little Wonder Optimax™ 9160-02-01 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The air speed of the Little Wonder Optimax™ 9160-02-01 maxes out at 153 MPH. While more than adequate for many jobs, its air speed is below average among other gas-powered walk-behind blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Little Wonder C5 99170-06-01 with 200 MPH).
- Its max air volume rating (1397 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the biggest air producer of gas-powered walk-behind leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Eliet BL 450 EZR with 3814 CFM).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other gas walk-behind blowers, the Little Wonder Optimax™ 9160-02-01 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
OPTIMAX™ TechnologyThe Little Wonder Optimax™ 9160-02-01 benefits from a reversed angle fan blade that is a lot different from other blowers: it improves the fan efficiency and, when combined with a scrolled housing, allows the blower to move more air than many other wheeled blowers. The air deflector in an Optimax™ walk-behind leaf blower splits the airstream to direct the fastest moving air where it’s needed the most. Moreover, its low lying discharge chute gets the airflow closer to the surface. For surface treating, this allows it to clear small particles. For surface drying, this allows it to move standing water.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- OPTIMAX™ Technology
- Lightweight (108 lbs)
- Small Tank (106 fl. oz.)
- Low CFM (1397 CFM)
- Low MPH (153 MPH)
Where to buy the little-wonder Optimax™ 9160-02-01?
About Little Wonder
The company known as “Little Wonder” was created in 1922 to manufacture and market the popular hedge trimmer that was the company’s namesake. In 1935, the company was acquired by Schiller-Pfeiffer and remains a trademark of Schiller Grounds Care, Inc. Today, Little Wonder’s offers dependable, easy-to-use landscape and garden equipment with its characteristic red and white color scheme.
Warranty InformationThe Little Wonder Optimax™ 9160-02-01 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Little Wonder blowers, please consult Little Wonder's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-596-6337.