Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 2260|
|MPH||Up to 143|
|Engine Displacement||270 cc|
|Fuel Tank||179.2 fl. oz.|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Little Wonder Optimax™ 9270-12-01, the user manual is available here.
Little Wonder self-propelled Optimax blowers move leaves and debris with unmatched air power more easily, without stopping! Little Wonder Optimax blowers move 38% more air than the competition. More air power means less man power when it comes to removing debris or standing water, prepping asphalt for resurfacing, or any job that needs hurricane-force air! Durable, solid-steel construction… they’re built to last and backed by a 5-Year Warranty. (source: Little Wonder)
Overview of the Little Wonder Optimax™ 9270-12-01
- Power: The Little Wonder Optimax™ 9270-12-01 is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 2260 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 143 MPH.
- Handling: For bigger jobs covering a large area or for those who simply want to keep their leaf blower on the ground, walk-behind leaf blowers such as the Little Wonder Optimax™ 9270-12-01 are an ideal choice. They are typically much more powerful than handheld or backpack blowers. This walk-behind blower is also self-propelled, a feature that makes pushing it around easy despite its heaviness. However, for a gas-powered walk-behind blower, the Little Wonder Optimax™ 9270-12-01 is heavier than most, weighing 202 lbs.
- Engine: This blower is fitted with a 270 cc Honda engine. As this is a 4-stroke engine, the blower does not require a mix of gas and oil in order to run.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the Optimax™ 9270-12-01 offers variable speed settings.
- Fuel Tank: It has an average fuel capacity, with a tank able to hold around 179.2 fl. oz of fuel.
The Little Wonder Optimax™ 9270-12-01's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Little Wonder Optimax™ 9270-12-01 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 143 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for gas-powered walk-behind blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Little Wonder C5 99170-06-01 with 200 MPH).
- The Optimax™ 9270-12-01 is average in terms of air volume. It's rated at 2260 CFM, which is common for gas-powered walk-behind leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Eliet BL 450 EZR with 3814 CFM).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other gas walk-behind blowers, the Little Wonder Optimax™ 9270-12-01 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it would most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
OPTIMAX™ TechnologyThe Little Wonder Optimax™ 9270-12-01 benefits from a reversed angle fan blade that is a lot different from other blowers: it improves the fan efficiency and, when combined with a scrolled housing, allows the blower to move more air than many other wheeled blowers. The air deflector in an Optimax™ walk-behind leaf blower splits the airstream to direct the fastest moving air where it’s needed the most. Moreover, its low lying discharge chute gets the airflow closer to the surface. For surface treating, this allows it to clear small particles. For surface drying, this allows it to move standing water.
The bottom line
- OPTIMAX™ Technology
- Decent Tank (179.2 fl. oz.)
- Decent CFM (2260 CFM)
- On the expensive side
- Quite heavy (202 lbs)
- Low MPH (143 MPH)
Where to buy the little-wonder Optimax™ 9270-12-01?
About Little Wonder
The company known as “Little Wonder” was created in 1922 to manufacture and market the popular hedge trimmer that was the company’s namesake. In 1935, the company was acquired by Schiller-Pfeiffer and remains a trademark of Schiller Grounds Care, Inc. Today, Little Wonder’s offers dependable, easy-to-use landscape and garden equipment with its characteristic red and white color scheme.
The Little Wonder Optimax™ 9270-12-01 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Little Wonder blowers, please consult Little Wonder's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-877-596-6337.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.