Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 356|
|MPH||Up to 145|
|Engine Displacement||24.5 cc|
|Fuel Tank||17.7 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||67 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Makita BHX2500CA, the user manual is available here.
The BHX2500CA is powered by a 24.5 CC commercial-duty 4-stroke engine that requires no fuel mix, and has a 17.7 oz. fuel tank for longer run time and a maximum air speed of 145 mph. The low compression engine is engineered for easy starting, with an improved configuration for easier maintenance. The BHX2500CA is compact with the lowest weight (9.8 lbs.) in its class for easier control.
Makita’s cleaner-burning 4-stroke BHX2500CA is engineered for commercial lawn and garden work, and is ideal for any professional seeking a best-in-class blower. (source: Makita)
Overview of the Makita BHX2500CA
- Power: The Makita BHX2500CA is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 356 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 145 MPH.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. All told, it weighs 9.8 lbs — the Makita BHX2500CA is neither the lightest nor the heaviest gas-powered handheld blower on the market.
- Engine: This blower is fitted with a 24.5 cc MM4® engine. As this is a 4-stroke engine, the blower does not require a mix of gas and oil in order to run. You can find more information about Makita's MM4® engine technology below.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the BHX2500CA features variable speed settings for added control.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 67 dB, the BHX2500CA is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered handheld category.
- Fuel Tank: It has an average fuel capacity, with a tank able to hold around 17.7 fl. oz of fuel.
The Makita BHX2500CA's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Makita BHX2500CA compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The air speed of the Makita BHX2500CA maxes out at 145 MPH. While more than adequate for many jobs, its air speed is below average among other gas-powered handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Makita BHX2500CA can reach 356 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on the low end for gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other gas handheld blowers, the Makita BHX2500CA is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
MM4® Engine Technology
The MM4® engine is a Makita's innovation aiming to provide 4-stroke engines that are lighter, have lower noise and vibration levels, are more user-friendly and do not require an oil/gas mixture.
Thanks to specially engineered components, the MM4® 4-cycle engine delivers high horsepower and torque (almost comparable to 2-stroke engines).
Moreover, it beats the power output of traditional 4-stroke engines by 20 to 30%, while having lower gas consumption. Leaf blowers fitted with the MM4® engine enjoy a faster and easier start, use and servicing.
In addition, the MM4®’s emissions are 90% lower compared to an equivalent 2-stroke engine, and thus comply with CARB Tier 3 and EPA Phase 2.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- MM4® Engine
- Decent Tank (17.7 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (67 dB)
- Decent Weight (9.8 lbs)
- Low CFM (356 CFM)
- Low MPH (145 MPH)
Founded in Nagoya, Japan by Mosaburo Makita, the Makita Corporation has been producing state of the art electrical power tools since 1915. Makita is the leader in electro engine technology, which is reflected in their products. The company has since expanded globally and currently manufactures its devices in 6 facilities across the world. Makita presents an innovative approach to power tool manufacture, which is testified by their LXT battery technology and antivibration AVT system. Their selection of over 400 products includes some of the best electrical leaf blowers on the market.
The Makita BHX2500CA is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Makita blowers, please consult Makita's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-MAKITA (1-800-462-5482).
Questions & Answers
QWhat material is the impeller made from?
AThe Makita BHX2500CA has a plastic impeller
QWhat accessories does the Makita BHX2500CA come with?
AThe Makita BHX2500CA comes with a long nozzle, a round end nozzle, and a tool kit.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.