Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Makita BHX2500CA
- Power: The Makita BHX2500CA is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 145 MPH and a max air volume rating of 356 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. When compared to other gas-powered handheld leaf blowers, the Makita BHX2500CA stands out due to its lower weight: just 9.8 lbs.
- Engine: This blower's MM4® engine has a displacement specification of 24.5 cc. As this is a 4-stroke engine, the blower does not require a mix of gas and oil in order to run. You can find more information about Makita's MM4® engine technology below.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the BHX2500CA features variable speed settings for added control.
- Noise: With a noise rating of 67 dB, this blower can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 17.7 fl. oz., this Makita blower is average when compared to other gas-powered handheld leaf blowers.
The Makita BHX2500CA's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Makita BHX2500CA compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The air speed of the Makita BHX2500CA maxes out at 145 MPH. While more than adequate for many jobs, its air speed is below average among other gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- Its max air volume rating (356 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the most powerful of gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
MM4® Engine Technology
The MM4® engine is a Makita's innovation aiming to provide 4-stroke engines that are lighter, have lower noise and vibration levels, are more user-friendly and do not require an oil/gas mixture.
Thanks to specially engineered components, the MM4® 4-cycle engine delivers high horsepower and torque (almost comparable to 2-stroke engines).
Moreover, it beats the power output of traditional 4-stroke engines by 20 to 30%, while having lower gas consumption. Leaf blowers fitted with the MM4® engine enjoy a faster and easier start, use and servicing.
In addition, the MM4®’s emissions are 90% lower compared to an equivalent 2-stroke engine, and thus comply with CARB Tier 3 and EPA Phase 2.
What material is the impeller made from?
The Makita BHX2500CA has a plastic impeller
What accessories does the Makita BHX2500CA come with?
The Makita BHX2500CA comes with a long nozzle, a round end nozzle, and a tool kit.
The bottom line
- MM4® Engine
- Lightweight (9.8 lbs)
- Decent Tank (17.7 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (67 dB)
- Low CFM (356 CFM)
- Low MPH (145 MPH)
Where to buy the Makita BHX2500CA?
Founded in Nagoya, Japan by Mosaburo Makita, the Makita Corporation has been producing state of the art electrical power tools since 1915. Makita is the leader in electro engine technology, which is reflected in their products. The company has since expanded globally and currently manufactures its devices in 6 facilities across the world. Makita presents an innovative approach to power tool manufacture, which is testified by their LXT battery technology and antivibration AVT system. Their selection of over 400 products includes some of the best electrical leaf blowers on the market.
Warranty InformationThe Makita BHX2500CA is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Makita blowers, please consult Makita's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-MAKITA (1-800-462-5482)