The Makita BHX2500CA is a gas-powered handheld leaf blower delivering 356 CFM at 145 MPH. It features a 4-cycle 24.5 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 356|
|MPH||Up to 145|
|Engine displacement||24.5 cc|
|Fuel tank||17.7 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||67 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Makita BHX2500CA, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
The BHX2500CA is powered by a 24.5 CC commercial-duty 4-stroke engine that requires no fuel mix, and has a 17.7 oz. fuel tank for longer run time and a maximum air speed of 145 mph. The low compression engine is engineered for easy starting, with an improved configuration for easier maintenance. The BHX2500CA is compact with the lowest weight (9.8 lbs.) in its class for easier control.
Makita’s cleaner-burning 4-stroke BHX2500CA is engineered for commercial lawn and garden work, and is ideal for any professional seeking a best-in-class blower. (source: Makita)
Overview of the Makita BHX2500CA
- Power: The BHX2500CA gas-powered blower, manufactured by Makita, is rated for a max air volume of 356 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 145 MPH.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. At 9.8 lbs, the Makita BHX2500CA is within the average weight range of gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Engine: This blower is fitted with a 24.5 cc MM4® engine. As this is a 4-stroke engine, the blower does not require a mix of gas and oil in order to run. You can find more information about Makita's MM4® engine technology below.
- Speed Settings: With its variable speed settings, the Makita BHX2500CA allows you to precisely control its air output. In addition, the blower is also equipped with cruise control, with which the user can easily maintain the selected settings.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 67 dB.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 17.7 fl. oz., this Makita blower is average when compared to other gas handheld blowers.
The Makita BHX2500CA's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Makita BHX2500CA compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air expelled from the nozzle of this blower can reach 145 MPH. When compared to others of this type, the BHX2500CA has a lower air speed than most gas-powered handheld blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Poulan Pro PPBV25, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 230 MPH.
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 356 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other gas-powered handheld blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET, which boasts with 650 CFM.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas handheld blowers, the Makita BHX2500CA is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
MM4® Engine Technology
The MM4® engine is a Makita's innovation aiming to provide 4-stroke engines that are lighter, have lower noise and vibration levels, are more user-friendly and do not require an oil/gas mixture.
Thanks to specially engineered components, the MM4® 4-cycle engine delivers high horsepower and torque (almost comparable to 2-stroke engines).
Moreover, it beats the power output of traditional 4-stroke engines by 20 to 30%, while having lower gas consumption. Leaf blowers fitted with the MM4® engine enjoy a faster and easier start, use and servicing.
In addition, the MM4®’s emissions are 90% lower compared to an equivalent 2-stroke engine, and thus comply with CARB Tier 3 and EPA Phase 2.
Founded in Nagoya, Japan by Mosaburo Makita, the Makita Corporation has been producing state of the art electrical power tools since 1915. Makita is the leader in electro engine technology, which is reflected in their products. The company has since expanded globally and currently manufactures its devices in 6 facilities across the world. Makita presents an innovative approach to power tool manufacture, which is testified by their LXT battery technology and antivibration AVT system. Their selection of over 400 products includes some of the best electrical leaf blowers on the market.
The Makita BHX2500CA is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Makita blowers, please consult Makita's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-MAKITA (1-800-462-5482).
Questions & Answers
What material is the impeller made of?
The Makita BHX2500CA has a plastic impeller
What accessories does the Makita BHX2500CA come with?
The Makita BHX2500CA comes with a long nozzle, a round end nozzle, and a tool kit.
Is the oil fill on th side 2 cycle or is it 10 w 30 oil (Asked February 10, 2021)
The MM4 engine is 4-cycle. Oil is SAE 10W-30.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.