The Makita CBU01Z is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 622 CFM at 157 MPH. It is powered by Makita's ConnectX 40V backpack battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Up to 622
|Up to 157
|Weight (tool only)
|Other model numbers
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Makita CBU01Z, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Makita CBU01Z
- Power: The CBU01Z is a cordless blower made by Makita. It has a maximum air speed of 157 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 622 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: The CBU01Z is a brushless-motor, battery-operated blower. Therefore, it doesn’t require to be plugged in when it’s being used. The user will enjoy the added mobility of its cordless design.
- Battery: The Makita CBU01Z is exclusively powered by a ConnectX backpack battery (more info below). When using the PDC1200A01 battery (opens in a new tab), which is not included with the unit, the blower can provide a whopping maximum of 300 minutes of runtime.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. Additionally, since the battery is carried on the back of the operator, an important chunk of weight is taken off the blower, which greatly improves balance and comfort of use. The blower in its bare tool (no battery) version weighs 5.7 lbs — the Makita CBU01Z is neither the lightest nor the heaviest cordless handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: There are times when you only need a little more power, while other times you will want a bit more precision when clearing leaves and debris. For this purpose, the CBU01Z offers variable speed settings, adding you, the user, more control, and a cruise control mode, which will allow you to maintain it comfortably for as long as you wish.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 59 dB, the CBU01Z is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Makita CBU01Z's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Makita CBU01Z compare with handheld leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 36 and 48V).
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 157 MPH, which is rather impressive for a battery-operated handheld blower between 36 and 48V. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- The CBU01Z is powerful, with an airflow rating of 622 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other cordless handheld blowers with a comparable voltage. If air volume is important to you, the Husqvarna 350iB, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- The longevity of this model’s battery is one of the best among cordless handheld units running on comparable voltages. It offers an autonomy of up to 300 minutes.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Makita CBU01Z is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Founded in Nagoya, Japan by Mosaburo Makita, the Makita Corporation has been producing state of the art electrical power tools since 1915. Makita is the leader in electro engine technology, which is reflected in their products. The company has since expanded globally and currently manufactures its devices in 6 facilities across the world. Makita presents an innovative approach to power tool manufacture, which is testified by their LXT battery technology and antivibration AVT system. Their selection of over 400 products includes some of the best electrical leaf blowers on the market.
The Makita CBU01Z is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Makita blowers, please consult Makita's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-MAKITA (1-800-462-5482).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.