The Makita CBU02Z is a cordless backpack leaf blower delivering 671 CFM at 160 MPH. It is powered by Makita's ConnectX 40V backpack battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 671|
|MPH||Up to 160|
|Blowing Force||22 N|
|Weight (tool only)||15.7 lbs|
|Noise rating||60 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Makita CBU02Z, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Makita CBU02Z
- Power: The Makita CBU02Z is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 671 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 160 MPH.
- Power delivery: This blower has a brushless, battery-operated motor. Thus, the user won’t have to worry about tripping over pesky cords when they’re busy working their lawn.
- Battery: The Makita CBU02Z is exclusively powered by a ConnectX backpack battery (more info below). When using the PDC1200A01 battery (opens in a new tab), which is not included with the unit, the blower can provide a whopping maximum of 240 minutes of runtime.
- Handling: By design, this model isn’t the smallest leaf blower on the market. It’s meant to be carried as a backpack so that the bulk of the unit is out of the way and the user’s hands are free to manipulate the nozzle. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. At 15.7 lbs for the blower alone, the Makita CBU02Z is within the average weight range of electric backpack blowers.
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the CBU02Z offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
- Noise: As far as electric backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 60 dB.
ConnectX™ Backpack Power Supply
Makita's ConnectX is a run-time and power solution specifically tailored for ConnectX products, but also compatible with Makita cordless tools running on LXT and XGT batteries (with the help of adapters).
It consists of a backpack power supply unit that exists in two forms:
- The PDC1200A01 (opens in a new tab), a battery that provides 1,200Wh of output, which is the equivalent of thirteen 18V 5Ah batteries
- The PDC01 (opens in a new tab), which is an empty backpack shell that accepts 4 LXT or XGT batteries
Regardless of your ConnectX choice, the backpack unit will feature an LED battery charge level indicator, an adjustable harness allows monitoring of battery charge, and a weather-resistant IPX4 design.
The Makita CBU02Z's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Makita CBU02Z compare with backpack leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 36 and 40V).
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 160 MPH. That makes the CBU02Z average in terms of air speed for battery-operated backpack blowers between 36 and 40V. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Echo DPB-5800T and its 195 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the Makita CBU02Z boasts an impressive airflow that can reach 671 CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute). This places it amongst the most powerful cordless backpack blowers with a comparable voltage. If air volume is important to you, the Ryobi RY404170, with 730 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Thanks to its autonomy of up to 240 mins, the CBU02Z benefits from the highest achievable run time for a cordless backpack unit operating between 36 and 40V.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless backpack blowers, the Makita CBU02Z is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Founded in Nagoya, Japan by Mosaburo Makita, the Makita Corporation has been producing state of the art electrical power tools since 1915. Makita is the leader in electro engine technology, which is reflected in their products. The company has since expanded globally and currently manufactures its devices in 6 facilities across the world. Makita presents an innovative approach to power tool manufacture, which is testified by their LXT battery technology and antivibration AVT system. Their selection of over 400 products includes some of the best electrical leaf blowers on the market.
The Makita CBU02Z is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Makita blowers, please consult Makita's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-MAKITA (1-800-462-5482).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.