The Makita EB5300TH is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 516 CFM at 184 MPH. It features a 4-cycle 52.5cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Up to 516
|Up to 184
|60.9 fl. oz.
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Makita EB5300TH, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
The EB5300TH is powered by a 52.5 cc commercial-duty 4-stroke engine that requires no fuel mix and will deliver commercial duty performance with a maximum air speed of 184 mph and a maximum air volume of 516 cubic feet per minute. The mechanical automatic engine decompression is engineered for quick and easy starts, with heavy duty anti-vibration mounts between the frame and engine for improved operator comfort.
The EB5300TH is compact with less weight (only 19.7 lbs.) with wide padded straps and padded back panel for operator comfort. In addition, the large capacity muffler ensures quiet operation at 70dB(A).
Overview of the Makita EB5300TH
- Power: The Makita EB5300TH is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 516 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 184 MPH.
- Handling: Like most backpack blowers, this model is technically heavier than a handheld. That being said, it can feel lighter and more comfortable because of the way it is carried, even when used over extended periods of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. When compared to other gas-powered backpack blowers, the Makita EB5300TH stands out due to its lower weight: just 19.7 lbs.
- Engine: Its MM4® engine boasts a displacement of 52.5cc. As this is a 4-stroke engine, the blower does not require a mix of gas and oil in order to run. You can find more information about Makita's MM4® engine technology below.
- Speed Settings: There are times when you only need a little more power, while other times you will want a bit more precision when clearing leaves and debris. For this purpose, the EB5300TH offers variable speed settings, adding you, the user, more control, and a cruise control mode, which will allow you to maintain it comfortably for as long as you wish.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 70 dB, the EB5300TH is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered backpack category.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 60.9 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity for backpack blowers.
The Makita EB5300TH's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Makita EB5300TH compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 184 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Husqvarna 150BT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 270 MPH.
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 516 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other gas-powered backpack blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Echo PB-9010T, which boasts with 1110 CFM.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Makita EB5300TH is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
MM4® Engine Technology
The MM4® engine is a Makita's innovation aiming to provide 4-stroke engines that are lighter, have lower noise and vibration levels, are more user-friendly and do not require an oil/gas mixture.
Thanks to specially engineered components, the MM4® 4-cycle engine delivers high horsepower and torque (almost comparable to 2-stroke engines).
Moreover, it beats the power output of traditional 4-stroke engines by 20 to 30%, while having lower gas consumption. Leaf blowers fitted with the MM4® engine enjoy a faster and easier start, use and servicing.
In addition, the MM4®’s emissions are 90% lower compared to an equivalent 2-stroke engine, and thus comply with CARB Tier 3 and EPA Phase 2.
Founded in Nagoya, Japan by Mosaburo Makita, the Makita Corporation has been producing state of the art electrical power tools since 1915. Makita is the leader in electro engine technology, which is reflected in their products. The company has since expanded globally and currently manufactures its devices in 6 facilities across the world. Makita presents an innovative approach to power tool manufacture, which is testified by their LXT battery technology and antivibration AVT system. Their selection of over 400 products includes some of the best electrical leaf blowers on the market.
The Makita EB5300TH is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Makita blowers, please consult Makita's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-MAKITA (1-800-462-5482).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.