Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 516|
|MPH||Up to 184|
|Engine Displacement||52.5 cc|
|Fuel Tank||60.9 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||70 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Makita EB5300TH, the user manual is available here.
The EB5300TH is powered by a 52.5 cc commercial-duty 4-stroke engine that requires no fuel mix and will deliver commercial duty performance with a maximum air speed of 184 mph and a maximum air volume of 516 cubic feet per minute. The mechanical automatic engine decompression is engineered for quick and easy starts, with heavy duty anti-vibration mounts between the frame and engine for improved operator comfort.
The EB5300TH is compact with less weight (only 19.7 lbs.) with wide padded straps and padded back panel for operator comfort. In addition, the large capacity muffler ensures quiet operation at 70dB(A). (source: Makita)
Overview of the Makita EB5300TH
- Power: The Makita EB5300TH is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 516 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 184 MPH.
- Handling: Like most backpack blowers, this model is technically heavier than a handheld. That being said, it can feel lighter and more comfortable because of the way it is carried, even when used over extended periods of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. When compared to other gas-powered backpack leaf blowers, the Makita EB5300TH stands out due to its lower weight: just 19.7 lbs.
- Engine: This blower is fitted with a 52.5 cc MM4® engine. As this is a 4-stroke engine, the blower does not require a mix of gas and oil in order to run. You can find more information about Makita's MM4® engine technology below.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the EB5300TH features variable speed settings for added control.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 70 dB, the EB5300TH is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered backpack category.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 60.9 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity.
The Makita EB5300TH's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Makita EB5300TH compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The air speed of the Makita EB5300TH maxes out at 184 MPH. While more than adequate for many jobs, its air speed is below average among other gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- Its max air volume rating (516 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the biggest air producer of gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Makita EB5300TH is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
What is the difference between the Makita EB5300TH and the Makita EB5300WH?
The Makita EB5300WH features a hip throttle, whereas the Makita EB5300TH has a standard throttle located on the blower's tube. Moreover, the Makita EB5300WH has a slightly higher dry weight (20.1 lbs).
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Lightweight (19.7 lbs)
- Decent Tank (60.9 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (70 dB)
- Low CFM (516 CFM)
- Low MPH (184 MPH)
Where to buy the makita EB5300TH?
Founded in Nagoya, Japan by Mosaburo Makita, the Makita Corporation has been producing state of the art electrical power tools since 1915. Makita is the leader in electro engine technology, which is reflected in their products. The company has since expanded globally and currently manufactures its devices in 6 facilities across the world. Makita presents an innovative approach to power tool manufacture, which is testified by their LXT battery technology and antivibration AVT system. Their selection of over 400 products includes some of the best electrical leaf blowers on the market.
Warranty InformationThe Makita EB5300TH is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Makita blowers, please consult Makita's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-MAKITA (1-800-462-5482).