Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The EB5300WH is powered by a 52.5 cc commercial-duty 4-stroke engine that requires no fuel mix and will deliver commercial duty performance with a maximum air speed of 184 mph and a maximum air volume of 516 cubic feet per minute. The mechanical automatic engine decompression is engineered for quick and easy starts, with heavy duty anti-vibration mounts between the frame and engine for improved operator comfort.
The EB5300WH is compact with less weight (only 20.1 lbs.) with wide padded straps and padded back panel for operator comfort. In addition, the large capacity muffler ensures quiet operation at 70dB(A). (source: Makita)
Overview of the Makita EB5300WH
- Power: The EB5300WH gas-powered leaf blower, manufactured by Makita, is rated for a max air volume of 516 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 184 MPH.
- Handling: This blower’s backpack functionality makes make it less exerting on the user, even when used for an extended period of time. Among other gas-powered backpack leaf blowers, the Makita EB5300WH can be considered light, weighing only 20.1 lbs.
- Engine: Its MM4® engine boasts a displacement of 52.5 cc. As this is a 4-stroke engine, the blower does not require a mix of gas and oil in order to run. You can find more information about Makita's MM4® engine technology below.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the Makita EB5300WH allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 70 dB.
- Fuel Tank: It has an average fuel capacity, with a tank able to hold around 60.9 fl. oz of fuel.
The Makita EB5300WH's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Makita EB5300WH compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The air speed of the Makita EB5300WH maxes out at 184 MPH. While more than adequate for many jobs, its air speed is below average among other gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- Its max air volume rating (516 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the most powerful of gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Stihl BR 700 with 912 CFM).
MM4® Engine Technology
The MM4® engine is a Makita's innovation aiming to provide 4-stroke engines that are lighter, have lower noise and vibration levels, are more user-friendly and do not require an oil/gas mixture.
Thanks to specially engineered components, the MM4® 4-cycle engine delivers high horsepower and torque (almost comparable to 2-stroke engines).
Moreover, it beats the power output of traditional 4-stroke engines by 20 to 30%, while having lower gas consumption. Leaf blowers fitted with the MM4® engine enjoy a faster and easier start, use and servicing.
In addition, the MM4®’s emissions are 90% lower compared to an equivalent 2-stroke engine, and thus comply with CARB Tier 3 and EPA Phase 2.
What is the difference between the Makita EB5300TH and the Makita EB5300WH?
The Makita EB5300WH features a hip throttle, whereas the Makita EB5300TH has a standard throttle located on the blower's tube. Moreover, the Makita EB5300TH has a slightly lower dry weight (19.7 lbs).
The bottom line
- MM4® Engine
- Lightweight (20.1 lbs)
- Decent Tank (60.9 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (70 dB)
- Low CFM (516 CFM)
- Low MPH (184 MPH)
Where to buy the Makita EB5300WH?
Founded in Nagoya, Japan by Mosaburo Makita, the Makita Corporation has been producing state of the art electrical power tools since 1915. Makita is the leader in electro engine technology, which is reflected in their products. The company has since expanded globally and currently manufactures its devices in 6 facilities across the world. Makita presents an innovative approach to power tool manufacture, which is testified by their LXT battery technology and antivibration AVT system. Their selection of over 400 products includes some of the best electrical leaf blowers on the market.
Warranty InformationThe Makita EB5300WH is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Makita blowers, please consult Makita's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-MAKITA (1-800-462-5482).