Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 516|
|MPH||Up to 184|
|Engine Displacement||52.5 cc|
|Fuel Tank||60.9 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||70 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Makita EB5300WH, the user manual is available here.
The EB5300WH is powered by a 52.5 cc commercial-duty 4-stroke engine that requires no fuel mix and will deliver commercial duty performance with a maximum air speed of 184 mph and a maximum air volume of 516 cubic feet per minute. The mechanical automatic engine decompression is engineered for quick and easy starts, with heavy duty anti-vibration mounts between the frame and engine for improved operator comfort.
The EB5300WH is compact with less weight (only 20.1 lbs.) with wide padded straps and padded back panel for operator comfort. In addition, the large capacity muffler ensures quiet operation at 70dB(A). (source: Makita)
Overview of the Makita EB5300WH
- Power: The Makita EB5300WH is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 184 MPH and a max air volume rating of 516 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: As this unit is a backpack leaf blower, the majority of the unit is distributed so that the user can operate it with ease for most reasonable periods of use. Its throttle is hip-mounted, which can make it easier on your right hand if you operate it over an extended period of time. Among other gas-powered backpack leaf blowers, the Makita EB5300WH can be considered light, weighing only 20.1 lbs.
- Engine: This blower is fitted with a 52.5 cc MM4® engine. As this is a 4-stroke engine, the blower does not require a mix of gas and oil in order to run. You can find more information about Makita's MM4® engine technology below.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the EB5300WH features variable speed settings for added control.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 70 dB.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 60.9 fl. oz., this Makita blower is average when compared to other gas-powered backpack leaf blowers.
The Makita EB5300WH's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Makita EB5300WH compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air expelled from the nozzle of this blower can reach 184 MPH. When compared to others of this type, the EB5300WH has a lower air speed than most gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- As this unit is rated at 516 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it expells less air than most gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Makita EB5300WH is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
What is the difference between the Makita EB5300TH and the Makita EB5300WH?
The Makita EB5300WH features a hip throttle, whereas the Makita EB5300TH has a standard throttle located on the blower's tube. Moreover, the Makita EB5300TH has a slightly lower dry weight (19.7 lbs).
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Lightweight (20.1 lbs)
- Decent Tank (60.9 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (70 dB)
- Low CFM (516 CFM)
- Low MPH (184 MPH)
Where to buy the makita EB5300WH?
Founded in Nagoya, Japan by Mosaburo Makita, the Makita Corporation has been producing state of the art electrical power tools since 1915. Makita is the leader in electro engine technology, which is reflected in their products. The company has since expanded globally and currently manufactures its devices in 6 facilities across the world. Makita presents an innovative approach to power tool manufacture, which is testified by their LXT battery technology and antivibration AVT system. Their selection of over 400 products includes some of the best electrical leaf blowers on the market.
Warranty InformationThe Makita EB5300WH is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Makita blowers, please consult Makita's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-MAKITA (1-800-462-5482).