The Makita EB7660TH is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 706 CFM at 205 MPH. It features a 4-cycle 75.6 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 706|
|MPH||Up to 205|
|Engine displacement||75.6 cc|
|Fuel tank||64.2 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||76 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Makita EB7660TH, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Makita EB7660TH
- Power: The Makita EB7660TH is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 706 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 205 MPH.
- Handling: This blower’s backpack functionality makes make it less exerting on the user, even when used for an extended period of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. At 24.1 lbs, the Makita EB7660TH is within the average weight range of gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Engine: This blower is fitted with a 75.6 cc MM4® engine. As this is a 4-stroke engine, the blower does not require a mix of gas and oil in order to run. You can find more information about Makita's MM4® engine technology below.
- Speed Settings: To provide more control over their job to the user, the unit has a variable speed control setting. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Makita EB7660TH to match it. On top of that, maintaining the selected speed is effortless, as it also features cruise control.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 76 dB can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 64.2 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity for backpack blowers.
The Makita EB7660TH's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Makita EB7660TH compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The Makita EB7660TH expels air at speeds up to 205 MPH, making it standard in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Husqvarna 150BT and its 251 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Makita EB7660TH can reach 706 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other gas-powered backpack blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Shindaiwa EB910RT, with 1110 CFM, could be in your good books.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Makita EB7660TH is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
MM4® Engine Technology
The MM4® engine is a Makita's innovation aiming to provide 4-stroke engines that are lighter, have lower noise and vibration levels, are more user-friendly and do not require an oil/gas mixture.
Thanks to specially engineered components, the MM4® 4-cycle engine delivers high horsepower and torque (almost comparable to 2-stroke engines).
Moreover, it beats the power output of traditional 4-stroke engines by 20 to 30%, while having lower gas consumption. Leaf blowers fitted with the MM4® engine enjoy a faster and easier start, use and servicing.
In addition, the MM4®’s emissions are 90% lower compared to an equivalent 2-stroke engine, and thus comply with CARB Tier 3 and EPA Phase 2.
Founded in Nagoya, Japan by Mosaburo Makita, the Makita Corporation has been producing state of the art electrical power tools since 1915. Makita is the leader in electro engine technology, which is reflected in their products. The company has since expanded globally and currently manufactures its devices in 6 facilities across the world. Makita presents an innovative approach to power tool manufacture, which is testified by their LXT battery technology and antivibration AVT system. Their selection of over 400 products includes some of the best electrical leaf blowers on the market.
The Makita EB7660TH is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Makita blowers, please consult Makita's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-MAKITA (1-800-462-5482).
Questions & Answers
What is the difference between the Makita EB7660TH and the Makita EB7660WH?
The Makita EB7660WH features a hip throttle, whereas the Makita EB7660TH has a standard throttle located on the blower's tube. Moreover, the Makita EB7660WH has a slightly higher dry weight (24.5 lbs).
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.