Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Makita EB7660TH, the user manual is available here.
The EB7660TH is powered by a 75.6 cc commercial-duty 4-stroke engine that requires no fuel mix and will deliver commercial duty performance with a maximum air speed of 206 mph and a maximum air volume of 706 cubic feet per minute. The mechanical automatic engine decompression is engineered for quick and easy starts, with heavy duty anti-vibration mounts between the frame and engine for improved operator comfort.
The EB7660TH is compact with less weight (only 24.1 lbs.) with wide padded straps and padded back panel for operator comfort. The large capacity muffler is engineered for quieter operation at 76dB(A). (source: Makita)
Overview of the Makita EB7660TH
- Power: The Makita EB7660TH is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 205 MPH and a max air volume rating of 706 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: By design, this model isn’t the smallest leaf blower on the market. It’s meant to be carried as a backpack so that the bulk of the unit is out of the way and the user’s hands are free to manipulate the nozzle.By design, this model isn’t the smallest leaf blower on the market. It’s meant to be carried as a backpack so that the bulk of the unit is out of the way and the user’s hands are free to manipulate the nozzle. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. Be aware that, at 24.1 lbs, the Makita EB7660TH is on the heavier side for gas-powered backpack leaf blowers.
- Engine: This blower's MM4® engine has a displacement specification of 75.6 cc. As this is a 4-stroke engine, the blower does not require a mix of gas and oil in order to run. You can find more information about Makita's MM4® engine technology below.
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Makita EB7660TH to match.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 76 dB.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 64.2 fl. oz., this Makita blower is average when compared to other gas-powered backpack leaf blowers.
The Makita EB7660TH's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Makita EB7660TH compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The Makita EB7660TH expels air at speeds up to 205 MPH, making it standard in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- The EB7660TH is average in terms of power. It's rated at 706 CFM, which is common for gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
MM4® Engine Technology
The MM4® engine is a Makita's innovation aiming to provide 4-stroke engines that are lighter, have lower noise and vibration levels, are more user-friendly and do not require an oil/gas mixture.
Thanks to specially engineered components, the MM4® 4-cycle engine delivers high horsepower and torque (almost comparable to 2-stroke engines).
Moreover, it beats the power output of traditional 4-stroke engines by 20 to 30%, while having lower gas consumption. Leaf blowers fitted with the MM4® engine enjoy a faster and easier start, use and servicing.
In addition, the MM4®’s emissions are 90% lower compared to an equivalent 2-stroke engine, and thus comply with CARB Tier 3 and EPA Phase 2.
What is the difference between the Makita EB7660TH and the Makita EB7660WH?
The Makita EB7660WH features a hip throttle, whereas the Makita EB7660TH has a standard throttle located on the blower's tube. Moreover, the Makita EB7660WH has a slightly higher dry weight (24.5 lbs).
The bottom line
- MM4® Engine
- Decent Tank (64.2 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (76 dB)
- Decent CFM (706 CFM)
- Decent MPH (205 MPH)
- Quite heavy (24.1 lbs)
Where to buy the Makita EB7660TH?
Founded in Nagoya, Japan by Mosaburo Makita, the Makita Corporation has been producing state of the art electrical power tools since 1915. Makita is the leader in electro engine technology, which is reflected in their products. The company has since expanded globally and currently manufactures its devices in 6 facilities across the world. Makita presents an innovative approach to power tool manufacture, which is testified by their LXT battery technology and antivibration AVT system. Their selection of over 400 products includes some of the best electrical leaf blowers on the market.
Warranty InformationThe Makita EB7660TH is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Makita blowers, please consult Makita's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-MAKITA (1-800-462-5482).