Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Makita EB7660TH
- Power: The Makita EB7660TH is a gas-powered leaf blower with a maximum air volume rating of 706 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 205 MPH.
- Handling: This blower’s backpack functionality makes make it less exerting on the user, even when used for an extended period of time. However, for a gas-powered backpack blower, the Makita EB7660TH is heavier than most, weighing 24.1 lbs.
- Engine: This blower is fitted with a 75.6 cc MM4® engine. As this is a 4-stroke engine, the blower does not require a mix of gas and oil in order to run. You can find more information about Makita's MM4® engine technology below.
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Makita EB7660TH to match.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 76 dB, the EB7660TH is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered backpack category.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 64.2 fl. oz., this Makita blower is average when compared to other gas-powered backpack leaf blowers.
The Makita EB7660TH's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Makita EB7660TH compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 205 MPH. That makes the EB7660TH average in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- The EB7660TH is powerful, with an airflow rating of 706 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Stihl BR 700 with 912 CFM).
MM4® Engine Technology
The MM4® engine is a Makita's innovation aiming to provide 4-stroke engines that are lighter, have lower noise and vibration levels, are more user-friendly and do not require an oil/gas mixture.
Thanks to specially engineered components, the MM4® 4-cycle engine delivers high horsepower and torque (almost comparable to 2-stroke engines).
Moreover, it beats the power output of traditional 4-stroke engines by 20 to 30%, while having lower gas consumption. Leaf blowers fitted with the MM4® engine enjoy a faster and easier start, use and servicing.
In addition, the MM4®’s emissions are 90% lower compared to an equivalent 2-stroke engine, and thus comply with CARB Tier 3 and EPA Phase 2.
What is the difference between the Makita EB7660TH and the Makita EB7660WH?
The Makita EB7660WH features a hip throttle, whereas the Makita EB7660TH has a standard throttle located on the blower's tube. Moreover, the Makita EB7660WH has a slightly higher dry weight (24.5 lbs).
The bottom line
- MM4® Engine
- High CFM (706 CFM)
- Decent Tank (64.2 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (76 dB)
- Decent MPH (205 MPH)
- Quite heavy (24.1 lbs)
Where to buy the Makita EB7660TH?
Founded in Nagoya, Japan by Mosaburo Makita, the Makita Corporation has been producing state of the art electrical power tools since 1915. Makita is the leader in electro engine technology, which is reflected in their products. The company has since expanded globally and currently manufactures its devices in 6 facilities across the world. Makita presents an innovative approach to power tool manufacture, which is testified by their LXT battery technology and antivibration AVT system. Their selection of over 400 products includes some of the best electrical leaf blowers on the market.
Warranty InformationThe Makita EB7660TH is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Makita blowers, please consult Makita's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-MAKITA (1-800-462-5482)