Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Makita EB7660WH
- Power: The EB7660WH, built by Makita, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 706 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 205 MPH.
- Handling: Like most backpack blowers, this model is technically heavier than a handheld. That being said, it can feel lighter and more comfortable because of the way it is carried, even when used over extended periods of time. However, for a gas-powered backpack blower, the Makita EB7660WH is heavier than most, weighing 24.5 lbs.
- Engine: This blower is fitted with a 75.6 cc MM4® engine. As this is a 4-stroke engine, the blower does not require a mix of gas and oil in order to run. You can find more information about Makita's MM4® engine technology below.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the EB7660WH offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: With a noise rating of 76 dB, this blower can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 64.2 fl. oz., this Makita blower is average when compared to other gas-powered backpack leaf blowers.
The Makita EB7660WH's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Makita EB7660WH compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 205 MPH. That makes the EB7660WH average in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- The EB7660WH is powerful, with an airflow rating of 706 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Stihl BR 700 with 912 CFM).
MM4® Engine Technology
The MM4® engine is a Makita's innovation aiming to provide 4-stroke engines that are lighter, have lower noise and vibration levels, are more user-friendly and do not require an oil/gas mixture.
Thanks to specially engineered components, the MM4® 4-cycle engine delivers high horsepower and torque (almost comparable to 2-stroke engines).
Moreover, it beats the power output of traditional 4-stroke engines by 20 to 30%, while having lower gas consumption. Leaf blowers fitted with the MM4® engine enjoy a faster and easier start, use and servicing.
In addition, the MM4®’s emissions are 90% lower compared to an equivalent 2-stroke engine, and thus comply with CARB Tier 3 and EPA Phase 2.
What is the difference between the Makita EB7660TH and the Makita EB7660WH?
The Makita EB7660WH features a hip throttle, whereas the Makita EB7660TH has a standard throttle located on the blower's tube. Moreover, the Makita EB7660TH has a slightly lower dry weight (24.1 lbs).
The bottom line
- MM4® Engine
- High CFM (706 CFM)
- Decent Tank (64.2 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (76 dB)
- Decent MPH (205 MPH)
- Quite heavy (24.5 lbs)
Where to buy the Makita EB7660WH?
Founded in Nagoya, Japan by Mosaburo Makita, the Makita Corporation has been producing state of the art electrical power tools since 1915. Makita is the leader in electro engine technology, which is reflected in their products. The company has since expanded globally and currently manufactures its devices in 6 facilities across the world. Makita presents an innovative approach to power tool manufacture, which is testified by their LXT battery technology and antivibration AVT system. Their selection of over 400 products includes some of the best electrical leaf blowers on the market.
Warranty InformationThe Makita EB7660WH is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Makita blowers, please consult Makita's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-MAKITA (1-800-462-5482)