The Makita GBU01M1 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 565 CFM at 143 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion XGT® battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 565|
|MPH||Up to 143|
|Noise rating||59 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Makita GBU01M1, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Makita GBU01M1
- Power: The Makita GBU01M1 is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 565 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 143 MPH.
- Power delivery: This blower has a brushless, battery-operated motor. Thus, the user won’t have to worry about tripping over pesky cords when they’re busy working their lawn.
- Battery: It has a 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion XGT® battery (1 battery included) that can work reliably for up to 35 minutes if completely charged. More info on the XGT® battery technology can be found below.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. However, for a cordless handheld blower, the Makita GBU01M1 is heavier than most, weighing 8.6 lbs.
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the GBU01M1 offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 59 dB, the GBU01M1 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Makita GBU01M1's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Makita GBU01M1 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air exiting this blower has been clocked at a max speed of 143 MPH. This puts the GBU01M1 ahead of the pack as far as air speed is concerned in battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- If air volume is an important feature, the GBU01M1 by Makita will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 565 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Snapper XD PowerGrip, with 700 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Its battery is standard in terms of autonomy for a cordless handheld product. Fully charged, it should run for up to 35 minutes. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the EGO POWER+ LBX6000 can run for up to 96 minutes and could be worth considering.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Makita GBU01M1 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
XGT® Battery Technology
Makita's XGT® battery technology (opens in a new tab) was created with high-demand applications in mind.
Thanks to microchips embedded in both the blower and its battery, the system enables real-time digital communication, which allows to actively monitor heat, overload, and over-discharge.
Featuring a waterproof triple-layer structure and a terminal short-circuit prevention structure, XGT® batteries were designed to be highly durable. In addition, they are water and dust-resistant to give you peace of mind in jobsite conditions.
Founded in Nagoya, Japan by Mosaburo Makita, the Makita Corporation has been producing state of the art electrical power tools since 1915. Makita is the leader in electro engine technology, which is reflected in their products. The company has since expanded globally and currently manufactures its devices in 6 facilities across the world. Makita presents an innovative approach to power tool manufacture, which is testified by their LXT battery technology and antivibration AVT system. Their selection of over 400 products includes some of the best electrical leaf blowers on the market.
The Makita GBU01M1 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Makita blowers, please consult Makita's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-MAKITA (1-800-462-5482).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.