The Makita GBU01M1 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 565 CFM at 143 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion XGT® battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 565|
|MPH||Up to 143|
|Noise rating||59 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Makita GBU01M1, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Makita GBU01M1
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 565 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 143 MPH.
- Power delivery: If you don’t like dealing with cords, you will be delighted to know that this blower is equipped with a brushless, battery-operated motor.
- Battery: Its 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion XGT® battery (1 battery included) enables the blower to run for up to 35 minutes without needing to a recharge. More info on the XGT® battery technology can be found below.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. Be aware that, at 8.6 lbs, the Makita GBU01M1 is on the heavier side for cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: There are times when you only need a little more power, while other times you will want a bit more precision when clearing leaves and debris. For this purpose, the GBU01M1 offers variable speed settings, adding you, the user, more control, and a cruise control mode, which will allow you to maintain it comfortably for as long as you wish.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 59 dB.
The Makita GBU01M1's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Makita GBU01M1 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air exiting the nozzle of this blower can reach 143 MPH, which is quite a bit faster than most battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- The GBU01M1 is powerful, with an airflow rating of 565 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the EGO LB7654, with 765 CFM, could be in your good books.
- The GBU01M1 is within the average range for cordless handheld units, offering up to 35 minutes of running time when fully charged. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the Toro 51822 can run for up to 140 minutes and could be worth considering.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Makita GBU01M1 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
XGT® Battery Technology
Makita's XGT® battery technology (opens in a new tab) was created with high-demand applications in mind.
Thanks to microchips embedded in both the blower and its battery, the system enables real-time digital communication, which allows to actively monitor heat, overload, and over-discharge.
Featuring a waterproof triple-layer structure and a terminal short-circuit prevention structure, XGT® batteries were designed to be highly durable. In addition, they are water and dust-resistant to give you peace of mind in jobsite conditions.
Founded in Nagoya, Japan by Mosaburo Makita, the Makita Corporation has been producing state of the art electrical power tools since 1915. Makita is the leader in electro engine technology, which is reflected in their products. The company has since expanded globally and currently manufactures its devices in 6 facilities across the world. Makita presents an innovative approach to power tool manufacture, which is testified by their LXT battery technology and antivibration AVT system. Their selection of over 400 products includes some of the best electrical leaf blowers on the market.
The Makita GBU01M1 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Makita blowers, please consult Makita's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-MAKITA (1-800-462-5482).
Questions & Answers
Does this battery work with other battery-powered Makita power tools? If so, which ones? (Asked November 15, 2021)
The battery is compatible with the entire line of 40/80V XGT tools (opens in a new tab).
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.