The Makita GBU01M1 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 565 CFM at 143 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion XGT® battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 565|
|MPH||Up to 143|
|Weight (w/ battery)||9.9 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||7.7 lbs|
|Noise rating||59 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Makita GBU01M1, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Makita GBU01M1
- Power: The Makita GBU01M1 can force 565 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 143 MPH.
- Power delivery: If you don’t like dealing with cords, you will be delighted to know that this blower is equipped with a brushless, battery-operated motor.
- Battery: Its 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion XGT® battery (1 BL4040 battery included) enables the blower to run for up to 35 minutes without needing to recharge. More info on the XGT® battery technology can be found below.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. However, for a cordless handheld blower, the Makita GBU01M1 is heavier than most, weighing 9.9 lbs.
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the GBU01M1 offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 59 dB.
The Makita GBU01M1's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Makita GBU01M1 compare with handheld leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 36 and 48V).
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 143 MPH, which is pretty much what is to be expected for battery-operated handheld blowers between 36 and 48V. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- If air volume is an important feature, the GBU01M1 by Makita will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 565 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most cordless handheld blowers with a comparable voltage. If air volume is important to you, the Husqvarna 350iB, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 35 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the GBU01M1 is on the low end when compared with other cordless handheld units of similar voltage. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Makita CBU01Z which offers up to 300 minutes of runtime.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Makita GBU01M1 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
XGT® Battery Technology
Makita's XGT® battery technology (opens in a new tab) was created with high-demand applications in mind.
Thanks to microchips embedded in both the blower and its battery, the system enables real-time digital communication, which allows to actively monitor heat, overload, and over-discharge.
Featuring a waterproof triple-layer structure and a terminal short-circuit prevention structure, XGT® batteries were designed to be highly durable. In addition, they are water and dust-resistant to give you peace of mind in jobsite conditions.
Founded in Nagoya, Japan by Mosaburo Makita, the Makita Corporation has been producing state of the art electrical power tools since 1915. Makita is the leader in electro engine technology, which is reflected in their products. The company has since expanded globally and currently manufactures its devices in 6 facilities across the world. Makita presents an innovative approach to power tool manufacture, which is testified by their LXT battery technology and antivibration AVT system. Their selection of over 400 products includes some of the best electrical leaf blowers on the market.
The Makita GBU01M1 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Makita blowers, please consult Makita's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-MAKITA (1-800-462-5482).
Questions & Answers
Does this battery work with other battery-powered Makita power tools? If so, which ones? (Asked November 15, 2021)
The battery is compatible with the entire line of 40/80V XGT tools (opens in a new tab).
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.