The Makita GBU01M1 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 565 CFM at 143 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion XGT® battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 565|
|MPH||Up to 143|
|Weight (w/ battery)||9.9 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||7.7 lbs|
|Noise rating||59 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Makita GBU01M1, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Makita GBU01M1
- Power: The Makita GBU01M1 can force 565 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 143 MPH.
- Power delivery: If you don’t like dealing with cords, you will be delighted to know that this blower is equipped with a brushless, battery-operated motor.
- Battery: Its 4 Ah 40 V Li-ion XGT® battery (1 BL4040 battery included) means that a user can operate the GBU01M1 for an estimated 35 minutes on a full charge. More info on the XGT® battery technology can be found below.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. However, for a cordless handheld blower, the Makita GBU01M1 is heavier than most, weighing 9.9 lbs.
- Speed Settings: To provide more control over their job to the user, the unit has a variable speed control setting. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Makita GBU01M1 to match it. On top of that, maintaining the selected speed is effortless, as it also features cruise control.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 59 dB.
The Makita GBU01M1's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Makita GBU01M1 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Its max air speed of 143 MPH places it at the approximate midpoint in comparison to other battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- If air volume is an important feature, the GBU01M1 by Makita will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 565 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the CAT DG651, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- The GBU01M1 is within the average range for cordless handheld units, offering up to 35 minutes of running time when fully charged. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the Toro 51822 can run for up to 140 minutes and could be worth considering.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Makita GBU01M1 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
XGT® Battery Technology
Makita's XGT® battery technology (opens in a new tab) was created with high-demand applications in mind.
Thanks to microchips embedded in both the blower and its battery, the system enables real-time digital communication, which allows to actively monitor heat, overload, and over-discharge.
Featuring a waterproof triple-layer structure and a terminal short-circuit prevention structure, XGT® batteries were designed to be highly durable. In addition, they are water and dust-resistant to give you peace of mind in jobsite conditions.
Founded in Nagoya, Japan by Mosaburo Makita, the Makita Corporation has been producing state of the art electrical power tools since 1915. Makita is the leader in electro engine technology, which is reflected in their products. The company has since expanded globally and currently manufactures its devices in 6 facilities across the world. Makita presents an innovative approach to power tool manufacture, which is testified by their LXT battery technology and antivibration AVT system. Their selection of over 400 products includes some of the best electrical leaf blowers on the market.
The Makita GBU01M1 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Makita blowers, please consult Makita's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-MAKITA (1-800-462-5482).
Questions & Answers
Does this battery work with other battery-powered Makita power tools? If so, which ones? (Asked November 15, 2021)
The battery is compatible with the entire line of 40/80V XGT tools (opens in a new tab).
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.