The Makita UB1103 is a 2-in-1 blower/vacuum delivering 145 CFM at 203 MPH. It features a 6.8-amp motor. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 145|
|MPH||Up to 203|
|Noise rating||83 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Makita UB1103, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Makita UB1103
- Power: The Makita UB1103 is an electric blower with a maximum air volume rating of 145 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 203 MPH.
- Power delivery: As it is a corded model, the blower needs to be plugged in to a power source in order for the 6.8 Amp motor to operate. Note that the power cord might not be included with the blower. Should you wish to obtain one, use our gauge calculator.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: Since accidental disconnection can be a real inconvenience, the UB1103 features a reliable cord lock to prevent it from being unplugged during use.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. When compared to other electric handheld blowers, the Makita UB1103 stands out due to its lower weight: just 4.3 lbs.
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Makita UB1103 to match.
- Vacuum: This unit isn’t just a blower—it has the added feature of being able to collect leaves and soft debris into a handy storage bag (bag included).
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 83 dB, the UB1103 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Makita UB1103's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Makita UB1103 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air exiting this blower has been clocked at a max speed of 203 MPH. This puts the UB1103 ahead of the pack as far as air speed is concerned in electric handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Craftsman CMEBL7000 and its 260 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Makita UB1103 can reach 145 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on the low end for electric handheld blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Bauer 58905, which boasts with 805 CFM.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Makita UB1103 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.Good to know: It's the cheapest Makita blower.
Founded in Nagoya, Japan by Mosaburo Makita, the Makita Corporation has been producing state of the art electrical power tools since 1915. Makita is the leader in electro engine technology, which is reflected in their products. The company has since expanded globally and currently manufactures its devices in 6 facilities across the world. Makita presents an innovative approach to power tool manufacture, which is testified by their LXT battery technology and antivibration AVT system. Their selection of over 400 products includes some of the best electrical leaf blowers on the market.
The Makita UB1103 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Makita blowers, please consult Makita's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-MAKITA (1-800-462-5482).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.