Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Makita UB1103, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Makita UB1103
- Power: The Makita UB1103 can force 145 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 203 MPH.
- Power delivery: This is a corded blower, so its 6.8 Amp engine needs to be plugged into a power source during use. Note that the power cord might not be included with the blower. Should you wish to obtain one, use our gauge calculator.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: Since accidental disconnection can be a real inconvenience, the UB1103 features a reliable cord lock to prevent it from being unplugged during use.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. When compared to other electric handheld leaf blowers, the Makita UB1103 stands out due to its lower weight: just 4.3 lbs.
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Makita UB1103 to match.
- Vacuum: The UB1103 is also what is known as a 'blower vac'. Those who don’t wish to blow leaves and debris away can switch to its vacuum setting and suck them into the blower’s collection bag.
- Noise: With a noise rating of 83 dB, this blower can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The Makita UB1103's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Makita UB1103 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 203 MPH, which is rather impressive for electric handheld leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Worx WG518 with 250 MPH).
- As this unit is rated at 145 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it is less powerful than most electric handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Toro PowerJet™ F700 51624 with 725 CFM).
The bottom line
- Lightweight (4.3 lbs)
- High MPH (203 MPH)
- Acceptable Noise (83 dB)
- Low CFM (145 CFM)
Where to buy the Makita UB1103?
Founded in Nagoya, Japan by Mosaburo Makita, the Makita Corporation has been producing state of the art electrical power tools since 1915. Makita is the leader in electro engine technology, which is reflected in their products. The company has since expanded globally and currently manufactures its devices in 6 facilities across the world. Makita presents an innovative approach to power tool manufacture, which is testified by their LXT battery technology and antivibration AVT system. Their selection of over 400 products includes some of the best electrical leaf blowers on the market.
Warranty InformationThe Makita UB1103 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Makita blowers, please consult Makita's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-MAKITA (1-800-462-5482).