The Makita UB1103 is a 2-in-1 blower/vacuum delivering 145 CFM at 203 MPH. It features a 6.8-amp motor. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 145|
|MPH||Up to 203|
|Noise rating||83 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Makita UB1103, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Makita UB1103
- Power: The Makita UB1103 can force 145 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 203 MPH.
- Power delivery: This unit, featuring a 6.8 Amp motor, is a corded blower. It must be plugged into an electrical outlet with a reliable power source at all times during operation. Please note that some manufacturers don’t include the cord with the unit. If this is the case, or if you’re looking to buy a backup, please use our gauge calculator to ensure you’re buying the right cord for your blower.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: Anyone who has experienced the frustration of having their blower suddenly stop from being accidentally unplugged will be glad to know that the UB1103 has a 'cord lock' mechanism.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. Among other electric handheld blowers, the Makita UB1103 can be considered light, weighing only 4.3 lbs.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the UB1103 features variable speed settings for added control.
- Vacuum: The UB1103 is also what is known as a 'blower vac'. Those who don’t wish to blow leaves and debris away can switch to its vacuum setting and suck them into a collection bag (bag included).
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 83 dB.
The Makita UB1103's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Makita UB1103 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air exiting the nozzle of this blower can reach 203 MPH, which is quite a bit faster than most electric handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Craftsman CMEBL7000 with 260 MPH).
- As this unit is rated at 145 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it expells less air than most electric handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Worx Turbine WG521 with 800 CFM).
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Makita UB1103 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Founded in Nagoya, Japan by Mosaburo Makita, the Makita Corporation has been producing state of the art electrical power tools since 1915. Makita is the leader in electro engine technology, which is reflected in their products. The company has since expanded globally and currently manufactures its devices in 6 facilities across the world. Makita presents an innovative approach to power tool manufacture, which is testified by their LXT battery technology and antivibration AVT system. Their selection of over 400 products includes some of the best electrical leaf blowers on the market.
The Makita UB1103 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Makita blowers, please consult Makita's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-MAKITA (1-800-462-5482).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.