Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 145|
|MPH||Up to 203|
|Noise Rating||83 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Makita UB1103, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Makita UB1103
- Power: The Makita UB1103 is blower with a maximum air volume rating of 145 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 203 MPH.
- Power delivery: As it is a corded model, the blower needs to be plugged in to a power source in order for the 6.8 Amp engine to operate. Note that the power cord might not be included with the blower. Should you wish to obtain one, use our gauge calculator.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: Corded power tools can sometimes inadvertently be unplugged during operation. The Makita UB1103 prevents such accidents by featuring a cord lock mechanism.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. Among other electric handheld blowers, the Makita UB1103 can be considered light, weighing only 4.3 lbs.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the UB1103 features variable speed settings for added control.
- Vacuum: The UB1103 is also what is known as a 'blower vac'. Those who don’t wish to blow leaves and debris away can switch to its vacuum setting and suck them into the blower’s collection bag.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 83 dB, the UB1103 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Makita UB1103's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Makita UB1103 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- It can push air from the nozzle at 203 MPH, which puts it ahead of its class in terms of air speed for electric handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Worx WG518 with 250 MPH).
- As this unit is rated at 145 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it expells less air than most electric handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Toro PowerJet™ F700 51624 with 725 CFM).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Makita UB1103 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it would most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- Lightweight (4.3 lbs)
- High MPH (203 MPH)
- Acceptable Noise (83 dB)
- On the expensive side
- Low CFM (145 CFM)
Where to buy the makita UB1103?
Founded in Nagoya, Japan by Mosaburo Makita, the Makita Corporation has been producing state of the art electrical power tools since 1915. Makita is the leader in electro engine technology, which is reflected in their products. The company has since expanded globally and currently manufactures its devices in 6 facilities across the world. Makita presents an innovative approach to power tool manufacture, which is testified by their LXT battery technology and antivibration AVT system. Their selection of over 400 products includes some of the best electrical leaf blowers on the market.
Warranty InformationThe Makita UB1103 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Makita blowers, please consult Makita's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-MAKITA (1-800-462-5482).