The Makita UB1103 is a 2-in-1 blower/vacuum delivering 145 CFM at 203 MPH. It features a 6.8-amp motor. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 145|
|MPH||Up to 203|
|Noise rating||83 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Makita UB1103, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Makita UB1103
- Power: The UB1103 is an electric blower made by Makita. It has a maximum air speed of 203 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 145 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: This unit, featuring a 6.8 Amp motor, is a corded blower. It must be plugged into an electrical outlet with a reliable power source at all times during operation. Please note that some manufacturers don’t include the cord with the unit. If this is the case, or if you’re looking to buy a backup, please use our gauge calculator to ensure you’re buying the right cord for your blower.
- Cord Lock Mechanism: Corded power tools can sometimes inadvertently be unplugged during operation. The Makita UB1103 prevents such accidents by featuring a cord lock mechanism.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. When compared to other electric handheld blowers, the Makita UB1103 stands out due to its lower weight: just 4.3 lbs.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the Makita UB1103 allows precise control of the air output.
- Vacuum: It features a vacuum allowing it to suck up leaf and debris once the sweeping job is complete (bag included).
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 83 dB.
The Makita UB1103's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Makita UB1103 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 203 MPH, which is rather impressive for an electric handheld blower. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Toro 51621 and its 260 MPH could be an option to consider.
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 145 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other electric handheld blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Worx Turbine WG521, which boasts with 800 CFM.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other blower vacs, the Makita UB1103 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Founded in Nagoya, Japan by Mosaburo Makita, the Makita Corporation has been producing state of the art electrical power tools since 1915. Makita is the leader in electro engine technology, which is reflected in their products. The company has since expanded globally and currently manufactures its devices in 6 facilities across the world. Makita presents an innovative approach to power tool manufacture, which is testified by their LXT battery technology and antivibration AVT system. Their selection of over 400 products includes some of the best electrical leaf blowers on the market.
The Makita UB1103 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Makita blowers, please consult Makita's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-MAKITA (1-800-462-5482).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.