The Makita XBU01PT is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 155 CFM at 208 MPH. It features a 5 Ah 36 V Li-ion LXT® battery system. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 155|
|MPH||Up to 208|
|Noise rating||60.6 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Makita XBU01PT, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Makita XBU01PT
- Power: The XBU01PT is a cordless blower made by Makita. It has a maximum air speed of 208 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 155 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: Makita designed this battery-operated unit with total mobility in mind. The XBU01PT only needs to be plugged in when it is charging, so users can take it almost anywhere.
- Battery: With its 5 Ah 36 V Li-ion LXT® battery system, the Makita XBU01PT has a standard, full-charge run time of up to 28 minutes. Makita’s LXT® battery technology provides a more efficient and convenient experience to leaf blower users. The cordless tools using LXT® batteries represent an unbeatable line-up of 18 V devices. Note that this is a 36 V blower. It therefore requires both of the 2 included 18 V LXT® batteries.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. All told, it weighs 8 lbs — the Makita XBU01PT is neither the lightest nor the heaviest cordless handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: With 2 speed settings, this blower’s output can be set to meet the needs of jobs big or small.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 60.6 dB.
The Makita XBU01PT's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Makita XBU01PT compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air exiting this blower has been clocked at a max speed of 208 MPH. This puts the XBU01PT at the head of the pack as far as air speed is concerned in battery-operated handheld blowers.
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 155 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other cordless handheld blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the EGO LB7654, which boasts with 765 CFM.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 28 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the XBU01PT is on the low end when compared with other cordless handheld units. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Toro 51822 which offers up to 140 minutes of runtime.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Makita XBU01PT is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Founded in Nagoya, Japan by Mosaburo Makita, the Makita Corporation has been producing state of the art electrical power tools since 1915. Makita is the leader in electro engine technology, which is reflected in their products. The company has since expanded globally and currently manufactures its devices in 6 facilities across the world. Makita presents an innovative approach to power tool manufacture, which is testified by their LXT battery technology and antivibration AVT system. Their selection of over 400 products includes some of the best electrical leaf blowers on the market.
The Makita XBU01PT is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Makita blowers, please consult Makita's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-MAKITA (1-800-462-5482).
Questions & Answers
Can I buy the tool only? (Asked May 20, 2021)
Absolutely. The bare tool model number is XBU01Z (opens in a new tab).
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.