Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 155|
|MPH||Up to 208|
|Noise Rating||60.6 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Makita XBU01PT, the user manual is available here.
The XBU01PT has a variable 2-speed motor (0-10,000, 0-17,000 RPM) for optimum speed control and a maximum air velocity of 208 MPH with up to 30 minutes of continuous run time on a single charge. Added benefits include lower noise at only 60.6 dB(A) and zero emissions, making it ideal for applications in residential areas. The XBU01PT requires none of the maintenance associated with comparable gas-powered blowers: simply insert two charged 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion batteries and the tool is ready for work. (source: Makita)
Overview of the Makita XBU01PT
- Power: This leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 155 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 208 MPH.
- Power delivery: Makita designed this battery-operated unit with total mobility in mind. The XBU01PT only needs to be plugged in when it is charging, so users can take it almost anywhere.
- Battery: It has a 5 Ah 36 V Li-ion LXT® battery system (2 batteries included) that can work reliably for up to 28 minutes if completely charged. Makita’s LXT® battery technology provides a more efficient and convenient experience to leaf blower users. The cordless tools using LXT® batteries represent an unbeatable line-up of 18 V devices. Note that this is a 36 V blower. It therefore requires both of the 2 included 18 V LXT® batteries.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. However, for a cordless handheld blower, the Makita XBU01PT is heavier than most, weighing 8 lbs.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its 2 speed settings, the Makita XBU01PT allows the user to adjust the air output to the task in hand.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 60.6 dB, the XBU01PT is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Makita XBU01PT's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Makita XBU01PT compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 208 MPH, which is rather impressive for battery-operated handheld blowers – it's actually the blower expelling the fastest air!
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 155 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other cordless handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRB675i with 675 CFM).
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 28 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the XBU01PT is on the low end when compared with other cordless handheld units (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ 580 CFM LB5804 with up to 180 minutes of runtime).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other cordless handheld blowers, the Makita XBU01PT is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- LXT® Technology
- High MPH (208 MPH)
- Acceptable Noise (60.6 dB)
- Quite heavy (8 lbs)
- Low CFM (155 CFM)
- Low autonomy (28 mins)
Where to buy the makita XBU01PT?
Founded in Nagoya, Japan by Mosaburo Makita, the Makita Corporation has been producing state of the art electrical power tools since 1915. Makita is the leader in electro engine technology, which is reflected in their products. The company has since expanded globally and currently manufactures its devices in 6 facilities across the world. Makita presents an innovative approach to power tool manufacture, which is testified by their LXT battery technology and antivibration AVT system. Their selection of over 400 products includes some of the best electrical leaf blowers on the market.
The Makita XBU01PT is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Makita blowers, please consult Makita's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-MAKITA (1-800-462-5482).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.