The Makita XBU01PT is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 155 CFM at 208 MPH. It features a 5 Ah 36 V Li-ion LXT® battery system. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 155|
|MPH||Up to 208|
|Noise rating||60.6 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Makita XBU01PT, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Makita XBU01PT
- Power: The XBU01PT is a cordless blower made by Makita. It has a maximum air speed of 208 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 155 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: The blower is battery-operated, so the operator won’t need to worry about getting tripped up by pesky cords when they’re busy getting work done.
- Battery: Its 5 Ah 36 V Li-ion LXT® battery system (2 batteries included) means that a user can operate the XBU01PT for an estimated 28 minutes on a full charge. Makita’s LXT® battery technology provides a more efficient and convenient experience to leaf blower users. The cordless tools using LXT® batteries represent an unbeatable line-up of 18 V devices. Note that this is a 36 V blower. It therefore requires both of the 2 included 18 V LXT® batteries.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. At 8 lbs, the Makita XBU01PT is within the average weight range of cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: Makita designed the XBU01PT with control and precision in mind. That’s why this model has 2 speed settings, meaning that its air output can be adjusted to suit the user’s needs.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 60.6 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The Makita XBU01PT's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Makita XBU01PT compare with similar leaf blowers.
- It can push air from the nozzle at 208 MPH, which is the highest air speed you can currently obtain with a battery-operated handheld blower.
- Its max air volume rating (155 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the biggest air producer of cordless handheld blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Ryobi RY404100, which boasts with 730 CFM.
- Users can expect a maximum autonomy of 28 minutes from its battery, which means the XBU01PT won't run as long as many other cordless handheld units before needing to be plugged in. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the EGO POWER+ LBX6000 which offers up to 96 minutes of runtime.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Makita XBU01PT is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Founded in Nagoya, Japan by Mosaburo Makita, the Makita Corporation has been producing state of the art electrical power tools since 1915. Makita is the leader in electro engine technology, which is reflected in their products. The company has since expanded globally and currently manufactures its devices in 6 facilities across the world. Makita presents an innovative approach to power tool manufacture, which is testified by their LXT battery technology and antivibration AVT system. Their selection of over 400 products includes some of the best electrical leaf blowers on the market.
The Makita XBU01PT is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Makita blowers, please consult Makita's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-MAKITA (1-800-462-5482).
Questions & Answers
Can I buy the tool only? (Asked May 20, 2021)
Absolutely. The bare tool model number is XBU01Z (opens in a new tab).
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.