Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Makita XBU01PT, the user manual is available here.
The XBU01PT has a variable 2-speed motor (0-10,000, 0-17,000 RPM) for optimum speed control and a maximum air velocity of 208 MPH with up to 30 minutes of continuous run time on a single charge. Added benefits include lower noise at only 60.6 dB(A) and zero emissions, making it ideal for applications in residential areas. The XBU01PT requires none of the maintenance associated with comparable gas-powered blowers: simply insert two charged 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion batteries and the tool is ready for work. (source: Makita)
Overview of the Makita XBU01PT
- Power: The Makita XBU01PT is an electric leaf blower with a maximum air volume rating of 155 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 208 MPH.
- Power delivery: As it is cordless, it doesn't need to be plugged in and therefore allows superb freedom of movement.
- Battery: Its 5 Ah 36 V Li-ion LXT® battery system (2 batteries included) offers an autonomy of 28 minutes on a full charge. Makita’s LXT® battery technology provides a more efficient and convenient experience to leaf blower users. The cordless tools using LXT® batteries represent an unbeatable line-up of 18 V devices. Note that this is a 36 V blower. It therefore requires both of the 2 included 18 V LXT® batteries.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. Be aware that, at 8 lbs, the Makita XBU01PT is on the heavier side for electric handheld leaf blowers.
- Speed Settings: Not all jobs need full power. The XBU01PT has 2 speed settings so, you can blow more or less air from the blower depending on the job.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 60.6 dB.
The Makita XBU01PT's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Makita XBU01PT compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 208 MPH, which is rather impressive for electric handheld leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Worx WG518 with 250 MPH).
- Regarding its power, the airflow of the Makita XBU01PT can reach 155 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on the low end for electric handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Toro PowerJet™ F700 51624 with 725 CFM).
- Users can expect an autonomy of 28 minutes from its battery, which means the XBU01PT won't run as long as many other cordless handheld leaf blowers before needing to be plugged in (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ 580 CFM LB5804 with up to 180 minutes of runtime).
The bottom line
- LXT® Technology
- High MPH (208 MPH)
- Acceptable Noise (60.6 dB)
- Quite heavy (8 lbs)
- Low CFM (155 CFM)
- Low Autonomy (28 mins)
Where to buy the Makita XBU01PT?
Founded in Nagoya, Japan by Mosaburo Makita, the Makita Corporation has been producing state of the art electrical power tools since 1915. Makita is the leader in electro engine technology, which is reflected in their products. The company has since expanded globally and currently manufactures its devices in 6 facilities across the world. Makita presents an innovative approach to power tool manufacture, which is testified by their LXT battery technology and antivibration AVT system. Their selection of over 400 products includes some of the best electrical leaf blowers on the market.
Warranty InformationThe Makita XBU01PT is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Makita blowers, please consult Makita's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-MAKITA (1-800-462-5482).