Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Makita XBU01PT
- Power: The Makita XBU01PT can force 155 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 208 MPH.
- Power delivery: The blower is cordless, so the operator won’t need to worry about getting tripped up by pesky cords when they’re busy getting work done.
- Battery: It has a 5 Ah 36 V Li-ion LXT® battery system (2 batteries included) that can work reliably for up to 28 minutes if completely charged. Makita’s LXT® battery technology provides a more efficient and convenient experience to leaf blower users. The cordless tools using LXT® batteries represent an unbeatable line-up of 18 V devices. Note that this is a 36 V blower. It therefore requires both of the 2 included 18 V LXT® batteries.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. At 8 lbs, the Makita XBU01PT is within the average weight range of electric handheld leaf blowers.
- Speed Settings: With 2 speed settings, this blower’s output can be set to meet the needs of jobs big or small.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 60.6 dB.
The Makita XBU01PT's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Makita XBU01PT compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air exiting this blower has been clocked at a max speed of 208 MPH. This puts the XBU01PT ahead of the pack as far as air speed is concerned in electric handheld leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Worx WG518 with 250 MPH).
- Regarding its power, the airflow of the Makita XBU01PT can reach 155 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on the low end for electric handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Toro PowerJet™ F700 51624 with 725 CFM).
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 28 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the XBU01PT is on the low end when compared with other cordless handheld leaf blowers (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ 580 CFM LB5804 with up to 180 minutes of runtime).
The bottom line
- LXT® Technology
- High MPH (208 MPH)
- Acceptable Noise (60.6 dB)
- Decent Weight (8 lbs)
- Low CFM (155 CFM)
- Low Autonomy (28 mins)
Where to buy the Makita XBU01PT?
Founded in Nagoya, Japan by Mosaburo Makita, the Makita Corporation has been producing state of the art electrical power tools since 1915. Makita is the leader in electro engine technology, which is reflected in their products. The company has since expanded globally and currently manufactures its devices in 6 facilities across the world. Makita presents an innovative approach to power tool manufacture, which is testified by their LXT battery technology and antivibration AVT system. Their selection of over 400 products includes some of the best electrical leaf blowers on the market.
Warranty InformationThe Makita XBU01PT is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Makita blowers, please consult Makita's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-MAKITA (1-800-462-5482)