Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 473|
|MPH||Up to 120|
|Noise Rating||61 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Makita XBU02PT, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Makita XBU02PT
- Power: The XBU02PT is a cordless blower made by Makita. It has a maximum air speed of 120 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 473 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: Makita designed this battery-operated unit with total mobility in mind. The XBU02PT only needs to be plugged in when it is charging, so users can take it almost anywhere.
- Battery: Its 5 Ah 36 V Li-ion LXT® battery system (2 batteries included) enables the blower to run for up to 28 minutes without needing to a recharge. Makita’s LXT® battery technology provides a more efficient and convenient experience to leaf blower users. The cordless tools using LXT® batteries represent an unbeatable line-up of 18 V devices. Note that this is a 36 V blower. It therefore requires both of the 2 included 18 V LXT® batteries.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. However, for a cordless handheld blower, the Makita XBU02PT is heavier than most, weighing 9 lbs.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the XBU02PT offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 61 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The Makita XBU02PT's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Makita XBU02PT compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 120 MPH, which is pretty much what is to be expected for battery-operated handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Makita XBU01PT with 208 MPH).
- Regarding its air volume, the Makita XBU02PT boasts an impressive airflow that can reach 473 CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute). This places it amongst the most powerful of cordless handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRB675i with 675 CFM).
- Users can expect an autonomy of 28 minutes from its battery, which means the XBU02PT won't run as long as many other cordless handheld units before needing to be plugged in (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ 580 CFM LB5804 with up to 180 minutes of runtime).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other cordless handheld blowers, the Makita XBU02PT is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- LXT® Technology
- High CFM (473 CFM)
- Acceptable Noise (61 dB)
- Decent MPH (120 MPH)
- On the expensive side
- Quite heavy (9 lbs)
- Low autonomy (28 mins)
Founded in Nagoya, Japan by Mosaburo Makita, the Makita Corporation has been producing state of the art electrical power tools since 1915. Makita is the leader in electro engine technology, which is reflected in their products. The company has since expanded globally and currently manufactures its devices in 6 facilities across the world. Makita presents an innovative approach to power tool manufacture, which is testified by their LXT battery technology and antivibration AVT system. Their selection of over 400 products includes some of the best electrical leaf blowers on the market.
The Makita XBU02PT is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Makita blowers, please consult Makita's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-MAKITA (1-800-462-5482).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.