The Makita XBU02PT is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 473 CFM at 120 MPH. It features a 5 Ah 36 V Li-ion LXT® battery system. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Up to 473
|Up to 120
|Weight (w/ battery)
|Weight (tool only)
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Makita XBU02PT, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Makita XBU02PT
- Power: The Makita XBU02PT can force 473 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 120 MPH.
- Power delivery: Since the device is powered by a brushless, battery-operated motor, it doesn’t require to be plugged in and therefore, it allows superb freedom of movement.
- Battery: Its 5 Ah 36 V Li-ion LXT® battery system (2 BL1850B batteries included) mean that a user can operate the XBU02PT for an estimated 28 minutes on a full charge. Makita’s LXT® battery technology provides a more efficient and convenient experience to leaf blower users. The cordless tools using LXT® batteries represent an unbeatable line-up of 18 V devices. Note that this is a 36 V blower. It therefore requires both of the 2 included 18 V LXT® batteries.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. At 9 lbs (battery included), the Makita XBU02PT is within the average weight range of cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: With its variable speed settings, the Makita XBU02PT allows you to precisely control its air output. In addition, the blower is also equipped with cruise control, with which the user can easily maintain the selected settings.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 61 dB, the XBU02PT is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Makita XBU02PT's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Makita XBU02PT compare with handheld leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 36 and 48V).
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 120 MPH, which is on the lower end for battery-operated handheld blowers between 36 and 48V. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Makita XBU01PT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 208 MPH.
- It has a maximum air volume output of 473 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the XBU02PT is well within average in relation to similar cordless handheld blowers with a comparable voltage. If air volume is important to you, the Husqvarna 350iB, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Users can expect a maximum autonomy of 28 minutes from its battery, which means the XBU02PT won't run as long as many other cordless handheld units before needing to be plugged in. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Makita CBU01Z which offers up to 300 minutes of runtime.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Makita XBU02PT is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Founded in Nagoya, Japan by Mosaburo Makita, the Makita Corporation has been producing state of the art electrical power tools since 1915. Makita is the leader in electro engine technology, which is reflected in their products. The company has since expanded globally and currently manufactures its devices in 6 facilities across the world. Makita presents an innovative approach to power tool manufacture, which is testified by their LXT battery technology and antivibration AVT system. Their selection of over 400 products includes some of the best electrical leaf blowers on the market.
The Makita XBU02PT is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Makita blowers, please consult Makita's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-MAKITA (1-800-462-5482).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.