Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 473|
|MPH||Up to 120|
|Noise Rating||61 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Makita XBU02PT, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Makita XBU02PT
- Power: The Makita XBU02PT is blower with a maximum air volume rating of 473 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 120 MPH.
- Power delivery: The XBU02PT is a battery-operated unit, so it doesn’t need to be plugged in during use. Users will enjoy the added mobility of its cordless design.
- Battery: Its 5 Ah 36 V Li-ion LXT® battery system (2 batteries included) means that a user can operate the XBU02PT for an estimated 28 minutes on a full charge. Makita’s LXT® battery technology provides a more efficient and convenient experience to leaf blower users. The cordless tools using LXT® batteries represent an unbeatable line-up of 18 V devices. Note that this is a 36 V blower. It therefore requires both of the 2 included 18 V LXT® batteries.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. Be aware that, at 9 lbs, the Makita XBU02PT is on the heavier side for cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the XBU02PT features variable speed settings for added control.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 61 dB.
The Makita XBU02PT's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Makita XBU02PT compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 120 MPH. That makes the XBU02PT average in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Makita XBU01PT with 208 MPH).
- If air volume is an important feature, the XBU02PT by Makita will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 473 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most cordless handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRB675i with 675 CFM).
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 28 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the XBU02PT is on the low end when compared with other cordless handheld units (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ 580 CFM LB5804 with up to 180 minutes of runtime).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other cordless handheld blowers, the Makita XBU02PT is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- LXT® Technology
- High CFM (473 CFM)
- Acceptable Noise (61 dB)
- Decent MPH (120 MPH)
- Quite heavy (9 lbs)
- Low autonomy (28 mins)
Where to buy the makita XBU02PT?
Founded in Nagoya, Japan by Mosaburo Makita, the Makita Corporation has been producing state of the art electrical power tools since 1915. Makita is the leader in electro engine technology, which is reflected in their products. The company has since expanded globally and currently manufactures its devices in 6 facilities across the world. Makita presents an innovative approach to power tool manufacture, which is testified by their LXT battery technology and antivibration AVT system. Their selection of over 400 products includes some of the best electrical leaf blowers on the market.
Warranty InformationThe Makita XBU02PT is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Makita blowers, please consult Makita's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-MAKITA (1-800-462-5482).