The Makita XBU02PT is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 473 CFM at 120 MPH. It features a 5 Ah 36 V Li-ion LXT® battery system. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 473|
|MPH||Up to 120|
|Weight (w/ battery)||9 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||6.2 lbs|
|Noise rating||61 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Makita XBU02PT, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Makita XBU02PT
- Power: The Makita XBU02PT can force 473 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 120 MPH.
- Power delivery: Makita designed this unit and its brushless, battery-operated motor with top-of-the-food-chain maneuverability in mind. The XBU02PT doesn’t need to be plugged in, so you can take it anywhere easily.
- Battery: With its 5 Ah 36 V Li-ion LXT® battery system (2 BL1850B batteries included), the Makita XBU02PT has a standard, full-charge run time of up to 28 minutes. Makita’s LXT® battery technology provides a more efficient and convenient experience to leaf blower users. The cordless tools using LXT® batteries represent an unbeatable line-up of 18 V devices. Note that this is a 36 V blower. It therefore requires both of the 2 included 18 V LXT® batteries.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. All told (including the battery), it weighs 9 lbs — the Makita XBU02PT is neither the lightest nor the heaviest cordless handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: With its variable speed settings, the Makita XBU02PT allows you to precisely control its air output. In addition, the blower is also equipped with cruise control, with which the user can easily maintain the selected settings.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 61 dB, the XBU02PT is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Makita XBU02PT's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Makita XBU02PT compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Its max air speed of 120 MPH places it at the approximate midpoint in comparison to other battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Makita XBU02PT can reach 473 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the EGO LB7654, with 765 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Users can expect a maximum autonomy of 28 minutes from its battery, which means the XBU02PT won't run as long as many other cordless handheld units before needing to be plugged in. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Toro 51822 which offers up to 140 minutes of runtime.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Makita XBU02PT is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Founded in Nagoya, Japan by Mosaburo Makita, the Makita Corporation has been producing state of the art electrical power tools since 1915. Makita is the leader in electro engine technology, which is reflected in their products. The company has since expanded globally and currently manufactures its devices in 6 facilities across the world. Makita presents an innovative approach to power tool manufacture, which is testified by their LXT battery technology and antivibration AVT system. Their selection of over 400 products includes some of the best electrical leaf blowers on the market.
The Makita XBU02PT is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Makita blowers, please consult Makita's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-MAKITA (1-800-462-5482).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.