Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Makita XBU02PT, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Makita XBU02PT
- Power: The Makita XBU02PT is an electric leaf blower with a maximum air volume rating of 473 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 120 MPH.
- Power delivery: Makita designed this cordless unit with total mobility in mind. The XBU02PT only needs to be plugged in when it is charging, so users can take it almost anywhere.
- Battery: Its 5 Ah 36 V Li-ion LXT® battery system (2 batteries included) offers an autonomy of 28 minutes on a full charge. Makita’s LXT® battery technology provides a more efficient and convenient experience to leaf blower users. The cordless tools using LXT® batteries represent an unbeatable line-up of 18 V devices. Note that this is a 36 V blower. It therefore requires both of the 2 included 18 V LXT® batteries.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. However, for a electric handheld blower, the Makita XBU02PT is heavier than most, weighing 9 lbs.
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Makita XBU02PT to match.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 61 dB.
The Makita XBU02PT's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Makita XBU02PT compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 120 MPH, which is on the lower end for electric handheld leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Worx WG518 with 250 MPH).
- The XBU02PT is powerful, with an airflow rating of 473 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other electric handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Toro PowerJet™ F700 51624 with 725 CFM).
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 28 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the XBU02PT is on the low end when compared with other cordless handheld leaf blowers (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ 580 CFM LB5804 with up to 180 minutes of runtime).
The bottom line
- LXT® Technology
- High CFM (473 CFM)
- Acceptable Noise (61 dB)
- Quite heavy (9 lbs)
- Low MPH (120 MPH)
- Low Autonomy (28 mins)
Where to buy the Makita XBU02PT?
Founded in Nagoya, Japan by Mosaburo Makita, the Makita Corporation has been producing state of the art electrical power tools since 1915. Makita is the leader in electro engine technology, which is reflected in their products. The company has since expanded globally and currently manufactures its devices in 6 facilities across the world. Makita presents an innovative approach to power tool manufacture, which is testified by their LXT battery technology and antivibration AVT system. Their selection of over 400 products includes some of the best electrical leaf blowers on the market.
Warranty InformationThe Makita XBU02PT is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Makita blowers, please consult Makita's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-MAKITA (1-800-462-5482).