The Makita XBU02PT is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 473 CFM at 120 MPH. It features a 5 Ah 36 V Li-ion LXT® battery system. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 473|
|MPH||Up to 120|
|Noise rating||61 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Makita XBU02PT, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Makita XBU02PT
- Power: The Makita XBU02PT can force 473 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 120 MPH.
- Power delivery: This blower has a brushless, battery-operated motor. Thus, the user won’t have to worry about tripping over pesky cords when they’re busy working their lawn.
- Battery: It has a 5 Ah 36 V Li-ion LXT® battery system (2 batteries included) that can work reliably for up to 28 minutes if completely charged. Makita’s LXT® battery technology provides a more efficient and convenient experience to leaf blower users. The cordless tools using LXT® batteries represent an unbeatable line-up of 18 V devices. Note that this is a 36 V blower. It therefore requires both of the 2 included 18 V LXT® batteries.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. However, for a cordless handheld blower, the Makita XBU02PT is heavier than most, weighing 9 lbs.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the XBU02PT features variable speed settings for added control.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 61 dB, the XBU02PT is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Makita XBU02PT's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Makita XBU02PT compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Its max air speed of 120 MPH places it at the approximate midpoint in comparison to other battery-operated handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Makita XBU01PT with 208 MPH).
- The XBU02PT is powerful, with an airflow rating of 473 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other cordless handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRB675i with 675 CFM).
- Users can expect an autonomy of 28 minutes from its battery, which means the XBU02PT won't run as long as many other cordless handheld units before needing to be plugged in (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ LBX6000 with up to 96 minutes of runtime).
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Makita XBU02PT is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Founded in Nagoya, Japan by Mosaburo Makita, the Makita Corporation has been producing state of the art electrical power tools since 1915. Makita is the leader in electro engine technology, which is reflected in their products. The company has since expanded globally and currently manufactures its devices in 6 facilities across the world. Makita presents an innovative approach to power tool manufacture, which is testified by their LXT battery technology and antivibration AVT system. Their selection of over 400 products includes some of the best electrical leaf blowers on the market.
The Makita XBU02PT is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Makita blowers, please consult Makita's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-MAKITA (1-800-462-5482).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.