The Makita XBU03SM1 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 459 CFM at 116 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 18 V Li-ion LXT® battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 459|
|MPH||Up to 116|
|Blowing Force||11.3 N|
|Noise rating||60 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Makita XBU03SM1, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Makita XBU03SM1
- Power: The Makita XBU03SM1 can force 459 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 116 MPH.
- Power delivery: Since the device is powered by a brushless, battery-operated motor, it doesn’t require to be plugged in and therefore, it allows superb freedom of movement.
- Battery: It has a 4 Ah 18 V Li-ion LXT® battery (1 battery included) that can work reliably for up to 30 minutes if completely charged. Makita’s LXT® battery technology provides a more efficient and convenient experience to leaf blower users. The cordless tools using LXT® batteries represent an unbeatable line-up of 18 V devices.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. At 6.5 lbs, the Makita XBU03SM1 is within the average weight range of cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: With its variable speed settings, the Makita XBU03SM1 allows you to precisely control its air output. In addition, the blower is also equipped with cruise control, with which the user can easily maintain the selected settings.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 60 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The Makita XBU03SM1's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Makita XBU03SM1 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 116 MPH. That makes the XBU03SM1 average in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Makita XBU03SM1 can reach 459 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Snapper XD PowerGrip, with 700 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 30 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the XBU03SM1 is on the low end when compared with other cordless handheld units. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the EGO POWER+ LBX6000 which offers up to 96 minutes of runtime.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Makita XBU03SM1 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Founded in Nagoya, Japan by Mosaburo Makita, the Makita Corporation has been producing state of the art electrical power tools since 1915. Makita is the leader in electro engine technology, which is reflected in their products. The company has since expanded globally and currently manufactures its devices in 6 facilities across the world. Makita presents an innovative approach to power tool manufacture, which is testified by their LXT battery technology and antivibration AVT system. Their selection of over 400 products includes some of the best electrical leaf blowers on the market.
The Makita XBU03SM1 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Makita blowers, please consult Makita's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-MAKITA (1-800-462-5482).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.