The Makita XBU03SM1 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 459 CFM at 116 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 18 V Li-ion LXT® battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 459|
|MPH||Up to 116|
|Blowing Force||11.3 N|
|Noise rating||60 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Makita XBU03SM1, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Makita XBU03SM1
- Power: The Makita XBU03SM1 can force 459 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 116 MPH.
- Power delivery: This blower has a brushless, battery-operated motor. Thus, the user won’t have to worry about tripping over pesky cords when they’re busy working their lawn.
- Battery: Its 4 Ah 18 V Li-ion LXT® battery (1 battery included) means that a user can operate the XBU03SM1 for an estimated 30 minutes on a full charge. Makita’s LXT® battery technology provides a more efficient and convenient experience to leaf blower users. The cordless tools using LXT® batteries represent an unbeatable line-up of 18 V devices.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. All told, it weighs 6.5 lbs — the Makita XBU03SM1 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest cordless handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the XBU03SM1 offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 60 dB.
The Makita XBU03SM1's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Makita XBU03SM1 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 116 MPH. That makes the XBU03SM1 average in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Makita XBU01PT with 208 MPH).
- If air volume is an important feature, the XBU03SM1 by Makita will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 459 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most cordless handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRB675i with 675 CFM).
- Its battery is standard in terms of autonomy for a cordless handheld product. Fully charged, it should run for up to 30 minutes (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ LBX6000 with up to 96 minutes of runtime).
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Makita XBU03SM1 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.Good to know: It's the cheapest Makita blower.
Founded in Nagoya, Japan by Mosaburo Makita, the Makita Corporation has been producing state of the art electrical power tools since 1915. Makita is the leader in electro engine technology, which is reflected in their products. The company has since expanded globally and currently manufactures its devices in 6 facilities across the world. Makita presents an innovative approach to power tool manufacture, which is testified by their LXT battery technology and antivibration AVT system. Their selection of over 400 products includes some of the best electrical leaf blowers on the market.
The Makita XBU03SM1 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Makita blowers, please consult Makita's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-MAKITA (1-800-462-5482).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.