The Makita XBU03SM1 is a lightweight cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 459 CFM at 116 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 18 V Li-ion LXT® battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 459|
|MPH||Up to 116|
|Blowing Force||11.3 N|
|Weight (w/ battery)||6.5 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||5.1 lbs|
|Noise rating||60 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Makita XBU03SM1, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Makita XBU03SM1
- Power: The Makita XBU03SM1 is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 459 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 116 MPH.
- Power delivery: This blower has a brushless, battery-operated motor. Thus, the user won’t have to worry about tripping over pesky cords when they’re busy working their lawn.
- Battery: Its 4 Ah 18 V Li-ion LXT® battery (1 BL1840B battery included) means that a user can operate the XBU03SM1 for an estimated 30 minutes on a full charge. Makita’s LXT® battery technology provides a more efficient and convenient experience to leaf blower users. The cordless tools using LXT® batteries represent an unbeatable line-up of 18 V devices.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. When compared to other cordless handheld blowers, the Makita XBU03SM1 stands out due to its lower weight: just 6.5 lbs battery included.
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the XBU03SM1 offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 60 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The Makita XBU03SM1's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Makita XBU03SM1 compare with handheld leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 18 and 24V).
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 116 MPH, which is rather impressive for a battery-operated handheld blower between 18 and 24V. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU07SM1 and its 143 MPH could be an option to consider.
- The XBU03SM1 is powerful, with an airflow rating of 459 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other cordless handheld blowers with a comparable voltage. If air volume is important to you, the RIDGID R01601K, with 510 CFM, could be in your good books.
- The longevity of this model’s battery is notably higher than most cordless handheld units. It offers an autonomy of up to 30 minutes. If autonomy is an important factor for you, the Kobalt KHB 4224A-03 can run for up to 50 minutes and could be worth considering.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Makita XBU03SM1 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Founded in Nagoya, Japan by Mosaburo Makita, the Makita Corporation has been producing state of the art electrical power tools since 1915. Makita is the leader in electro engine technology, which is reflected in their products. The company has since expanded globally and currently manufactures its devices in 6 facilities across the world. Makita presents an innovative approach to power tool manufacture, which is testified by their LXT battery technology and antivibration AVT system. Their selection of over 400 products includes some of the best electrical leaf blowers on the market.
The Makita XBU03SM1 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Makita blowers, please consult Makita's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-MAKITA (1-800-462-5482).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.