The Makita XBU03SM1 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 459 CFM at 116 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 18 V Li-ion LXT® battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 459|
|MPH||Up to 116|
|Blowing Force||11.3 N|
|Noise rating||60 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Makita XBU03SM1, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Makita XBU03SM1
- Power: The Makita XBU03SM1 is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 459 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 116 MPH.
- Power delivery: Makita designed this unit and its brushless, battery-operated motor with top-of-the-food-chain maneuverability in mind. The XBU03SM1 doesn’t need to be plugged in, so you can take it anywhere easily.
- Battery: Its 4 Ah 18 V Li-ion LXT® battery (1 battery included) enables the blower to run for up to 30 minutes without needing to a recharge. Makita’s LXT® battery technology provides a more efficient and convenient experience to leaf blower users. The cordless tools using LXT® batteries represent an unbeatable line-up of 18 V devices.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. All told, it weighs 6.5 lbs — the Makita XBU03SM1 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest cordless handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: There are times when you only need a little more power, while other times you will want a bit more precision when clearing leaves and debris. For this purpose, the XBU03SM1 offers variable speed settings, adding you, the user, more control, and a cruise control mode, which will allow you to maintain it comfortably for as long as you wish.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 60 dB, the XBU03SM1 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Makita XBU03SM1's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Makita XBU03SM1 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The Makita XBU03SM1 expels air at speeds up to 116 MPH, making it standard in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Makita XBU01PT with 208 MPH).
- The XBU03SM1 is powerful, with an airflow rating of 459 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other cordless handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Poulan Pro PRB675i with 675 CFM).
- The XBU03SM1 is within the average range for cordless handheld units, offering up to 30 minutes of running time when fully charged (the one with the best autonomy being the EGO POWER+ LBX6000 with up to 96 minutes of runtime).
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Makita XBU03SM1 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.Good to know: It's the cheapest Makita blower.
Founded in Nagoya, Japan by Mosaburo Makita, the Makita Corporation has been producing state of the art electrical power tools since 1915. Makita is the leader in electro engine technology, which is reflected in their products. The company has since expanded globally and currently manufactures its devices in 6 facilities across the world. Makita presents an innovative approach to power tool manufacture, which is testified by their LXT battery technology and antivibration AVT system. Their selection of over 400 products includes some of the best electrical leaf blowers on the market.
The Makita XBU03SM1 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Makita blowers, please consult Makita's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-MAKITA (1-800-462-5482).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.