The Makita XBU04PTV is a 3-in-1 cordless blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 473 CFM at 120 MPH. It features a 5 Ah 36 V Li-ion LXT® battery system. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 473|
|MPH||Up to 120|
|Mulcher||Yes, plastic impeller|
|Weight (w/ battery)||11.2 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||8.4 lbs|
|Noise rating||61 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Makita XBU04PTV, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Makita XBU04PTV
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 473 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 120 MPH.
- Power delivery: The XBU04PTV is a brushless-motor, battery-operated blower. Therefore, it doesn’t require to be plugged in when it’s being used. The user will enjoy the added mobility of its cordless design.
- Battery: The Makita XBU04PTV features an easy-to-recharge 5 Ah 36 V Li-ion LXT® battery system (2 BL1850B batteries included). Makita’s LXT® battery technology provides a more efficient and convenient experience to leaf blower users. The cordless tools using LXT® batteries represent an unbeatable line-up of 18 V devices. Note that this is a 36 V blower. It therefore requires both of the 2 included 18 V LXT® batteries.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. However, for a cordless handheld blower, the Makita XBU04PTV is heavier than most, weighing 11.2 lbs.
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the XBU04PTV offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
- Vacuum: It features a vacuum allowing it to suck up leaf and debris once the sweeping job is complete (13 gallon bag included).
- Mulching: With a mulching ratio of 10:1, this mulcher can reliably pulp 10 bags of waste (such as leaves and other debris) into 1 bag of mulch. The unit uses a plastic impeller.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 61 dB, the XBU04PTV is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Makita XBU04PTV's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Makita XBU04PTV compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Its max air speed of 120 MPH places it at the approximate midpoint in comparison to other battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- The XBU04PTV is average in terms of air volume. It's rated at 473 CFM, which is common for cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Husqvarna 350iB, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Makita XBU04PTV is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- LXT® Technology
- Brushless motor
- Cruise control
- Leaf collection bag included
- Acceptable noise (61 dB)
- Decent CFM (473 CFM)
- Decent MPH (120 MPH)
- On the expensive side
- Quite heavy (11.2 lbs)
- Plastic impeller
Founded in Nagoya, Japan by Mosaburo Makita, the Makita Corporation has been producing state of the art electrical power tools since 1915. Makita is the leader in electro engine technology, which is reflected in their products. The company has since expanded globally and currently manufactures its devices in 6 facilities across the world. Makita presents an innovative approach to power tool manufacture, which is testified by their LXT battery technology and antivibration AVT system. Their selection of over 400 products includes some of the best electrical leaf blowers on the market.
The Makita XBU04PTV is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Makita blowers, please consult Makita's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-MAKITA (1-800-462-5482).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.