The Makita XBU04PTV is a 3-in-1 cordless blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 473 CFM at 120 MPH. It features a 5 Ah 36 V Li-ion LXT® battery system. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 473|
|MPH||Up to 120|
|Mulcher||Yes, plastic impeller|
|Weight (w/ battery)||11.2 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||8.4 lbs|
|Noise rating||61 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Makita XBU04PTV, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Makita XBU04PTV
- Power: The Makita XBU04PTV is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 473 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 120 MPH.
- Power delivery: If you don’t like dealing with cords, you will be delighted to know that this blower is equipped with a brushless, battery-operated motor.
- Battery: The Makita XBU04PTV features an easy-to-recharge 5 Ah 36 V Li-ion LXT® battery system (2 BL1850B batteries included). Makita’s LXT® battery technology provides a more efficient and convenient experience to leaf blower users. The cordless tools using LXT® batteries represent an unbeatable line-up of 18 V devices. Note that this is a 36 V blower. It therefore requires both of the 2 included 18 V LXT® batteries.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere.
- Speed Settings: To provide more control over their job to the user, the unit has a variable speed control setting. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Makita XBU04PTV to match it. On top of that, maintaining the selected speed is effortless, as it also features cruise control.
- Vacuum: This unit isn’t just a blower—it has the added feature of being able to collect leaves and soft debris into a handy storage bag (13 gallon bag included).
- Mulching: This mulcher’s 10:1 mulching ratio means it can reduce 10 bags of leaves and debris down to one bag of mulch. The unit uses a plastic impeller.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 61 dB can be considered the standard for similar electric handheld blowers.
The Makita XBU04PTV's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Makita XBU04PTV compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Its max air speed of 120 MPH places it at the approximate midpoint in comparison to other battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- It has a maximum air volume output of 473 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the XBU04PTV is well within average in relation to similar cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the CAT DG651, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Makita XBU04PTV is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Founded in Nagoya, Japan by Mosaburo Makita, the Makita Corporation has been producing state of the art electrical power tools since 1915. Makita is the leader in electro engine technology, which is reflected in their products. The company has since expanded globally and currently manufactures its devices in 6 facilities across the world. Makita presents an innovative approach to power tool manufacture, which is testified by their LXT battery technology and antivibration AVT system. Their selection of over 400 products includes some of the best electrical leaf blowers on the market.
The Makita XBU04PTV is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Makita blowers, please consult Makita's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-MAKITA (1-800-462-5482).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.