The Makita XBU04PTV is a 3-in-1 cordless blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 473 CFM at 120 MPH. It features a 5 Ah 36 V Li-ion LXT® battery system. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 473|
|MPH||Up to 120|
|Mulcher||Yes, metal impeller|
|Weight (w/ battery)||11.2 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||8.4 lbs|
|Noise rating||61 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Makita XBU04PTV, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Makita XBU04PTV
- Power: The Makita XBU04PTV can force 473 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 120 MPH.
- Power delivery: Since the device is powered by a brushless, battery-operated motor, it doesn’t require to be plugged in and therefore, it allows superb freedom of movement.
- Battery: The Makita XBU04PTV features an easy-to-recharge 5 Ah 36 V Li-ion LXT® battery system (2 BL1850B batteries included). Makita’s LXT® battery technology provides a more efficient and convenient experience to leaf blower users. The cordless tools using LXT® batteries represent an unbeatable line-up of 18 V devices. Note that this is a 36 V blower. It therefore requires both of the 2 included 18 V LXT® batteries.
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. Be aware that, at 11.2 lbs, the Makita XBU04PTV is on the heavier side of cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: To provide more control over their job to the user, the unit has a variable speed control setting. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Makita XBU04PTV to match it. On top of that, maintaining the selected speed is effortless, as it also features cruise control.
- Vacuum: It features a vacuum allowing it to suck up leaf and debris once the sweeping job is complete (13 gallon bag included).
- Mulching: The manufacturer’s specifications give it a mulching ratio of 10:1. For every 10 bags you put in, it will reduce down to just one bag of mulch. The unit uses a metal impeller.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 61 dB, the XBU04PTV is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Makita XBU04PTV's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Makita XBU04PTV compare with handheld leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 36 and 48V).
- The air speed of the Makita XBU04PTV maxes out at 120 MPH. While more than adequate for many jobs, its air speed is below average among other battery-operated handheld blowers between 36 and 48V. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Makita XBU01PT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 208 MPH.
- The XBU04PTV is average in terms of air volume. It's rated at 473 CFM, which is common for cordless handheld blowers with a comparable voltage. If air volume is important to you, the Husqvarna 350iB, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Makita XBU04PTV is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Founded in Nagoya, Japan by Mosaburo Makita, the Makita Corporation has been producing state of the art electrical power tools since 1915. Makita is the leader in electro engine technology, which is reflected in their products. The company has since expanded globally and currently manufactures its devices in 6 facilities across the world. Makita presents an innovative approach to power tool manufacture, which is testified by their LXT battery technology and antivibration AVT system. Their selection of over 400 products includes some of the best electrical leaf blowers on the market.
The Makita XBU04PTV is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Makita blowers, please consult Makita's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-MAKITA (1-800-462-5482).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.