The Makita XBU07SM1 is a 3-in-1 cordless blower/vacuum/mulcher delivering 148 CFM at 143 MPH. It features a 4 Ah 18 V Li-ion LXT® battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 148|
|MPH||Up to 143|
|Mulcher||Yes, metal impeller|
|Weight (w/ battery)||8.8 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||7.4 lbs|
|Noise rating||62 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Makita XBU07SM1, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Makita XBU07SM1
- Power: The Makita XBU07SM1 is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 148 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 143 MPH.
- Power delivery: This blower has a brushless, battery-operated motor. Thus, the user won’t have to worry about tripping over pesky cords when they’re busy working their lawn.
- Battery: The Makita XBU07SM1 is powered by an easy-to-recharge 4 Ah 18 V Li-ion LXT® battery (1 BL1840B battery included). Makita’s LXT® battery technology provides a more efficient and convenient experience to leaf blower users. The cordless tools using LXT® batteries represent an unbeatable line-up of 18 V devices.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. All told (including the battery), it weighs 8.8 lbs — the Makita XBU07SM1 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest cordless handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: To provide more control over their job to the user, the unit has a variable speed control setting. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Makita XBU07SM1 to match it. On top of that, maintaining the selected speed is effortless, as it also features cruise control.
- Vacuum: The XBU07SM1 is also what is known as a 'blower vac'. Those who don’t wish to blow leaves and debris away can switch to its vacuum setting and suck them into a collection bag (6.6 gallon bag included). When in vacuum mode, the unit delivers up to 215 CFM of suction power.
- Mulching: With a mulching ratio of 10:1, this mulcher can shrink 10 bags of leaves down to one bag of mulch, helping you get rid of unwanted leaves and debris. The unit uses a metal impeller.
- Noise: As far as electric handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 62 dB.
The Makita XBU07SM1's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Makita XBU07SM1 compare with handheld leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 18 and 24V).
- Air exiting the nozzle of this blower can reach 143 MPH, which is the fastest speed you can get with a battery-operated handheld blower between 18 and 24V.
- Its max air volume rating (148 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the biggest air producer of cordless handheld blowers with a comparable voltage. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the RIDGID R01601K, which boasts with 510 CFM.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Makita XBU07SM1 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Founded in Nagoya, Japan by Mosaburo Makita, the Makita Corporation has been producing state of the art electrical power tools since 1915. Makita is the leader in electro engine technology, which is reflected in their products. The company has since expanded globally and currently manufactures its devices in 6 facilities across the world. Makita presents an innovative approach to power tool manufacture, which is testified by their LXT battery technology and antivibration AVT system. Their selection of over 400 products includes some of the best electrical leaf blowers on the market.
The Makita XBU07SM1 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Makita blowers, please consult Makita's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-MAKITA (1-800-462-5482).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.