The Milwaukee 2824-20 is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 600 CFM at 145 MPH. It is powered by two 18 V Li-ion batteries. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 600|
|MPH||Up to 145|
|Blowing Force||17.7 N|
|Weight (tool only)||6.01 lbs|
|Noise rating||64 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Milwaukee 2824-20 (Dual Battery), the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Milwaukee 2824-20
- Power: The Milwaukee 2824-20 can force 600 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 145 MPH.
- Power delivery: Since the device is powered by a brushless, battery-operated motor, it doesn’t require to be plugged in and therefore, it allows superb freedom of movement.
- Battery: The Milwaukee 2824-20 is powered by two 18V Li-ion batteries (RED LITHIUM batteries not included), yielding a total of 36V and is optimized to be used with Milwaukee's HIGH OUTPUT™ batteries. Both batteries are required for operation.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. At 6.01 lbs for the blower alone, the Milwaukee 2824-20 is within the average weight range of cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the 2824-20 offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 64 dB, the 2824-20 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Milwaukee 2824-20's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Milwaukee 2824-20 compare with handheld leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 36 and 48V).
- The Milwaukee 2824-20 expels air at speeds up to 145 MPH, making it standard in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers between 36 and 48V. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the Milwaukee 2824-20 boasts an impressive airflow that can reach 600 CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute). This places it amongst the most powerful cordless handheld blowers with a comparable voltage. If air volume is important to you, the Husqvarna 350iB, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Milwaukee 2824-20 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The Milwaukee Electric Tool Corporation was first established in 1924 by A. F. Seibert in Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA. Since then, Milwaukee has become one of the most popular names in power tools for contractors and do-it-yourselfers. In 2005, the company was acquired by Techtronic Industries. Milwaukee continues to produce high-quality power tools, both corded-electric and powerful battery-operated systems. These include outdoor power equipment, such as leaf blowers, chainsaws, hedge trimmers, sprayers, and string trimmers. Milwaukee Tool is based in the USA, and maintains manufacturing plants at home, as well as in Europe and China.
The Milwaukee 2824-20 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Milwaukee blowers, please consult Milwaukee's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-SAWDUST (729-3878).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.