The Milwaukee M18 FUEL™ (2724-21HD) is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 450 CFM at 120 MPH. It features a 8 Ah 18 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 450|
|MPH||Up to 120|
|Weight (w/ battery)||7.3 lbs|
|Weight (tool only)||4.9 lbs|
|Noise rating||62 dB|
|Other model numbers||2724-21HD|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Milwaukee M18 FUEL™, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Milwaukee M18 FUEL™
- Power: This cordless leaf blower has a maximum air volume rating of 450 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed rating of 120 MPH.
- Power delivery: The M18 FUEL™ is a brushless-motor, battery-operated blower. Therefore, it doesn’t require to be plugged in when it’s being used. The user will enjoy the added mobility of its cordless design.
- Battery: With its 8 Ah 18 V Li-ion battery (1 RED LITHIUM XC8.0 battery included), the Milwaukee M18 FUEL™ has a standard, full-charge run time of up to 15 minutes.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. At 7.3 lbs (battery included), the Milwaukee M18 FUEL™ is within the average weight range of cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the M18 FUEL™ offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 62 dB, the M18 FUEL™ is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The Milwaukee M18 FUEL™'s performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Milwaukee M18 FUEL™ compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The Milwaukee M18 FUEL™ expels air at speeds up to 120 MPH, making it standard in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- It has a maximum air volume output of 450 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the M18 FUEL™ is well within average in relation to similar cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Husqvarna 350iB, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Users can expect a maximum autonomy of 15 minutes from its battery, which means the M18 FUEL™ won't run as long as many other cordless handheld units before needing to be plugged in. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Makita CBU01Z which offers up to 300 minutes of runtime.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the Milwaukee M18 FUEL™ is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Brushless motor
- Blower allegedly can reach full throttle in under one second
- Decent weight (7.3 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (62 dB)
- Decent CFM (450 CFM)
- Decent MPH (120 MPH)
- Low autonomy (15 mins)
The Milwaukee Electric Tool Corporation was first established in 1924 by A. F. Seibert in Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA. Since then, Milwaukee has become one of the most popular names in power tools for contractors and do-it-yourselfers. In 2005, the company was acquired by Techtronic Industries. Milwaukee continues to produce high-quality power tools, both corded-electric and powerful battery-operated systems. These include outdoor power equipment, such as leaf blowers, chainsaws, hedge trimmers, sprayers, and string trimmers. Milwaukee Tool is based in the USA, and maintains manufacturing plants at home, as well as in Europe and China.
The Milwaukee M18 FUEL™ is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Milwaukee blowers, please consult Milwaukee's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-SAWDUST (729-3878).
Questions & Answers
Where is this product manufactured? (Asked May 7, 2022)
The unit is manufactured in Asia.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.