The Poulan Pro PR46BT is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 490 CFM at 220 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 46 cc engine. (Read full specs)
This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
It was replaced by the Poulan Pro PR48BT. However, you might still find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 490|
|MPH||Up to 220|
|Engine displacement||46 cc|
|Fuel tank||51.2 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||100 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Poulan Pro PR46BT, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Poulan Pro PR46BT
- Power: The PR46BT gas-powered blower, manufactured by Poulan Pro, is rated for a max air volume of 490 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 220 MPH.
- Handling: Like most backpack blowers, this model is technically heavier than a handheld. That being said, it can feel lighter and more comfortable because of the way it is carried, even when used over extended periods of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. Among other gas-powered backpack blowers, the Poulan Pro PR46BT can be considered light, weighing only 19.8 lbs.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 46 cc. Since this is a 2-stroke engine, it’s important to remember that the PR46BT cannot run on gasoline alone. The fuel must be mixed with an appropriate ratio of gasoline and oil in order for it to function properly (for this Poulan Pro model, this ratio is 50:1).
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Poulan Pro PR46BT to match.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 100 dB.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 51.2 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity for backpack blowers.
The Poulan Pro PR46BT's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Poulan Pro PR46BT compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 220 MPH, which is pretty much what is to be expected for gas-powered backpack blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Husqvarna 150BT and its 270 MPH could be an option to consider.
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 490 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other gas-powered backpack blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Echo PB-9010T, which boasts with 1110 CFM.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
About Poulan Pro
Poulan Pro was originally founded in 1912 as Poulan Saw Co. by Claude Poulan. Once recognizable by its characteristic green color scheme, the company has since undergone many changes after becoming a brand name of Husqvarna Group. Now known as Poulan Pro and featuring black and gold colors, the brand specializes in high-quality outdoor equipment.
The Poulan Pro PR46BT is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Poulan Pro blowers, please consult Poulan Pro's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-849-1297.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.