The Poulan Pro PR46BT is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 490 CFM at 220 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 46cc engine. (Read full specs)
This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
It was replaced by the Poulan Pro PR48BT. However, you might still find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 490|
|MPH||Up to 220|
|Fuel tank||51.2 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||100 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Poulan Pro PR46BT, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Poulan Pro PR46BT
- Power: The PR46BT gas-powered blower, manufactured by Poulan Pro, is rated for a max air volume of 490 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 220 MPH.
- Handling: By design, this model isn’t the smallest leaf blower on the market. It’s meant to be carried as a backpack so that the bulk of the unit is out of the way and the user’s hands are free to manipulate the nozzle. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. Among other gas-powered backpack blowers, the Poulan Pro PR46BT can be considered light, weighing only 19.8 lbs.
- Engine: The blower is fitted with a 46cc engine. As you may or may not know, 2-stroke engines require a mixture of gasoline and oil in order to keep all the moving parts lubricated while fuelling the engine’s internal combustion. The fuel/oil ratio recommended by Poulan Pro for the PR46BT is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Poulan Pro PR46BT to match.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 100 dB, the PR46BT is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered backpack category.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 51.2 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity for backpack blowers.
The Poulan Pro PR46BT's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Poulan Pro PR46BT compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The Poulan Pro PR46BT expels air at speeds up to 220 MPH, making it standard in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Husqvarna 150BT and its 270 MPH could be an option to consider.
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 490 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other gas-powered backpack blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Echo PB-9010T, which boasts with 1110 CFM.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
About Poulan Pro
Poulan Pro was originally founded in 1912 as Poulan Saw Co. by Claude Poulan. Once recognizable by its characteristic green color scheme, the company has since undergone many changes after becoming a brand name of Husqvarna Group. Now known as Poulan Pro and featuring black and gold colors, the brand specializes in high-quality outdoor equipment.
The Poulan Pro PR46BT is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Poulan Pro blowers, please consult Poulan Pro's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-849-1297.