The Poulan Pro PR46BT is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 490 CFM at 220 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 46 cc engine. (Read full specs)
This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
It was replaced by the Poulan Pro PR48BT. However, you might still find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 490|
|MPH||Up to 220|
|Engine displacement||46 cc|
|Fuel tank||51.2 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||100 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Poulan Pro PR46BT, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Poulan Pro PR46BT
- Power: The PR46BT gas-powered blower, manufactured by Poulan Pro, is rated for a max air volume of 490 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 220 MPH.
- Handling: By design, this model isn’t the smallest leaf blower on the market. It’s meant to be carried as a backpack so that the bulk of the unit is out of the way and the user’s hands are free to manipulate the nozzle. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. Among other gas-powered backpack blowers, the Poulan Pro PR46BT can be considered light, weighing only 19.8 lbs.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 46 cc. As you may or may not know, 2-stroke engines require a mixture of gasoline and oil in order to keep all the moving parts lubricated while fuelling the engine’s internal combustion. The fuel/oil ratio recommended by Poulan Pro for the PR46BT is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the PR46BT features variable speed settings for added control.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 100 dB.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 51.2 fl. oz., this Poulan Pro blower is average when compared to other gas backpack blowers.
The Poulan Pro PR46BT's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Poulan Pro PR46BT compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air exiting the nozzle of this blower can reach 220 MPH, which is quite a bit faster than most gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- Its max air volume rating (490 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the biggest air producer of gas-powered backpack blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-9010T with 1110 CFM).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
About Poulan Pro
Poulan Pro was originally founded in 1912 as Poulan Saw Co. by Claude Poulan. Once recognizable by its characteristic green color scheme, the company has since undergone many changes after becoming a brand name of Husqvarna Group. Now known as Poulan Pro and featuring black and gold colors, the brand specializes in high-quality outdoor equipment.
The Poulan Pro PR46BT is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Poulan Pro blowers, please consult Poulan Pro's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-849-1297.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.