Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Poulan Pro PR48BT, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Poulan Pro PR48BT
- Power: The Poulan Pro PR48BT is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 200 MPH and a max air volume rating of 475 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: Like most backpack blowers, this model is technically heavier than a handheld. That being said, it can feel lighter and more comfortable because of the way it is carried, even when used over extended periods of time.Like most backpack blowers, this model is technically heavier than a handheld. That being said, it can feel lighter and more comfortable because of the way it is carried, even when used over extended periods of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. All told, it weighs 22 lbs — the Poulan Pro PR48BT is neither the lightest nor the heaviest gas-powered backpack leaf blower on the market.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 48 cc. Since this is a 2-stroke engine, it’s important to remember that the PR48BT cannot run on gasoline alone. The fuel must be mixed with an appropriate ratio of gasoline and oil in order for it to function properly (for this Poulan Pro model, this ratio is 50:1).
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the PR48BT features variable speed settings for added control.
- Noise: With a noise rating of 96.7 dB, this blower can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 49.3 fl. oz., this Poulan Pro blower is average when compared to other gas-powered backpack leaf blowers.
The Poulan Pro PR48BT's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Poulan Pro PR48BT compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 200 MPH, which is pretty much what is to be expected for gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- As this unit is rated at 475 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it is less powerful than most gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
The bottom line
- Decent Tank (49.3 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (96.7 dB)
- Decent Weight (22 lbs)
- Decent MPH (200 MPH)
- Low CFM (475 CFM)
Where to buy the Poulan Pro PR48BT?
About Poulan Pro
Poulan Pro was originally founded in 1912 as Poulan Saw Co. by Claude Poulan. Once recognizable by its characteristic green color scheme, the company has since undergone many changes after becoming a brand name of Husqvarna Group. Now known as Poulan Pro and featuring black and gold colors, the brand specializes in high-quality outdoor equipment.
Warranty InformationThe Poulan Pro PR48BT is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Poulan Pro blowers, please consult Poulan Pro's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-849-1297.