Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 475|
|MPH||Up to 200|
|Engine Displacement||48 cc|
|Fuel Tank||49.3 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||96.7 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Poulan Pro PR48BT, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Poulan Pro PR48BT
- Power: The PR48BT, built by Poulan Pro, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 475 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 200 MPH.
- Handling: By design, this model isn’t the smallest leaf blower on the market. It’s meant to be carried as a backpack so that the bulk of the unit is out of the way and the user’s hands are free to manipulate the nozzle. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. At 22 lbs, the Poulan Pro PR48BT is within the average weight range of gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Engine: The blower is fitted with a 48 cc engine. Please be aware that 2-cycle engines like this one require a mixture of gas and oil in order to run. For the Poulan Pro PR48BT, this ratio is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Poulan Pro PR48BT to match.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 96.7 dB, the PR48BT is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered backpack category.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 49.3 fl. oz., this Poulan Pro blower is average when compared to other gas-powered backpack leaf blowers.
The Poulan Pro PR48BT's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Poulan Pro PR48BT compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 200 MPH, which is pretty much what is to be expected for gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Poulan Pro PR48BT can reach 475 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on the low end for gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Poulan Pro PR48BT is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
The bottom line
- Decent Tank (49.3 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (96.7 dB)
- Decent Weight (22 lbs)
- Decent MPH (200 MPH)
- Low CFM (475 CFM)
Where to buy the poulan-pro PR48BT?
About Poulan Pro
Poulan Pro was originally founded in 1912 as Poulan Saw Co. by Claude Poulan. Once recognizable by its characteristic green color scheme, the company has since undergone many changes after becoming a brand name of Husqvarna Group. Now known as Poulan Pro and featuring black and gold colors, the brand specializes in high-quality outdoor equipment.
The Poulan Pro PR48BT is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Poulan Pro blowers, please consult Poulan Pro's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-849-1297.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.