The Poulan Pro PR48BT is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 475 CFM at 200 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 48cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 475|
|MPH||Up to 200|
|Fuel tank||49.3 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||96.7 dB|
|Other model numbers||967087101|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Poulan Pro PR48BT, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Poulan Pro PR48BT
- Power: The PR48BT gas-powered blower, manufactured by Poulan Pro, is rated for a max air volume of 475 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 200 MPH.
- Handling: As this unit is a backpack leaf blower, the majority of the unit is distributed so that the user can operate it with ease for most reasonable periods of use. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. All told, it weighs 22 lbs — the Poulan Pro PR48BT is neither the lightest nor the heaviest gas-powered backpack blower on the market.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 48cc. Since this is a 2-stroke engine, it’s important to remember that the PR48BT cannot run on gasoline alone. The fuel must be mixed with an appropriate ratio of gasoline and oil in order for it to function properly (for this Poulan Pro model, this ratio is 50:1).
- Speed Settings: With its variable speed settings, the Poulan Pro PR48BT allows you to precisely control its air output. In addition, the blower is also equipped with cruise control, with which the user can easily maintain the selected settings.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 96.7 dB.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 49.3 fl. oz., this Poulan Pro blower is average compared to other gas backpack blowers.
The Poulan Pro PR48BT's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Poulan Pro PR48BT compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 200 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Husqvarna 150BT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 270 MPH.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Poulan Pro PR48BT can reach 475 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on the low end for gas-powered backpack blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Echo PB-9010T, which boasts with 1110 CFM.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Poulan Pro PR48BT is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
The bottom line
- Cruise control
- Decent weight (22 lbs)
- Decent tank (49.3 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable noise (96.7 dB)
- Low CFM (475 CFM)
- Low MPH (200 MPH)
About Poulan Pro
Poulan Pro was originally founded in 1912 as Poulan Saw Co. by Claude Poulan. Once recognizable by its characteristic green color scheme, the company has since undergone many changes after becoming a brand name of Husqvarna Group. Now known as Poulan Pro and featuring black and gold colors, the brand specializes in high-quality outdoor equipment.
The Poulan Pro PR48BT is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Poulan Pro blowers, please consult Poulan Pro's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-849-1297.
Questions & Answers
What is the part number for the fuel tank for Poulan PR48BT blower? The blots holding the tank split the plastic tank and I need a replacement. (Asked May 23, 2020)
The part number is 501424344.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.
Have more problems starting it.
Bought Lowe’s and it’s a piece of junk.had it small engine repaire shop while under warranty. Problem is won’t start after hot engine.we all know it’s in fuel system.have good spark at all temperatures. But no one can not fix problem.
Cannot order the cruise control and throttle lever for my PR48BT leaf blower. The cruise control lever keeps spinning and not working. The very same with the throttle. I’m not sure if the linkage came apart.contacted customer service numerous times today, no avail