The Poulan Pro PR48BT is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 475 CFM at 200 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 48 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 475|
|MPH||Up to 200|
|Engine displacement||48 cc|
|Fuel tank||49.3 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||96.7 dB|
|Other model numbers||967087101|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Poulan Pro PR48BT, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Poulan Pro PR48BT
- Power: The PR48BT gas-powered blower, manufactured by Poulan Pro, is rated for a max air volume of 475 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 200 MPH.
- Handling: As this unit is a backpack leaf blower, the majority of the unit is distributed so that the user can operate it with ease for most reasonable periods of use. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. At 22 lbs, the Poulan Pro PR48BT is within the average weight range of gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 48 cc. Please note that, because the Poulan Pro PR48BT’s engine is a 2-cycle one, it runs on a mixture of oil and gasoline. According to Poulan Pro, the proper fuel mixture ratio for this blower is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: There are times when you only need a little more power, while other times you will want a bit more precision when clearing leaves and debris. For this purpose, the PR48BT offers variable speed settings, adding you, the user, more control, and a cruise control mode, which will allow you to maintain it comfortably for as long as you wish.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 96.7 dB can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 49.3 fl. oz., this Poulan Pro blower is average when compared to other gas backpack blowers.
The Poulan Pro PR48BT's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Poulan Pro PR48BT compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 200 MPH. That makes the PR48BT average in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- As this unit is rated at 475 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it expells less air than most gas-powered backpack blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Poulan Pro PR48BT is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
About Poulan Pro
Poulan Pro was originally founded in 1912 as Poulan Saw Co. by Claude Poulan. Once recognizable by its characteristic green color scheme, the company has since undergone many changes after becoming a brand name of Husqvarna Group. Now known as Poulan Pro and featuring black and gold colors, the brand specializes in high-quality outdoor equipment.
The Poulan Pro PR48BT is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Poulan Pro blowers, please consult Poulan Pro's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-849-1297.
Questions & Answers
What is the part number for the fuel tank for Poulan PR48BT blower? The blots holding the tank split the plastic tank and I need a replacement. (Asked May 23, 2020)
The part number is 501424344.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.