Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 434|
|MPH||Up to 215|
|Blowing Force||20 N|
|Engine Displacement||50.2 cc|
|Fuel Tank||70.9 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||89 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the RedMax EBZ5150, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the RedMax EBZ5150
- Power: The EBZ5150, built by RedMax, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 434 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 215 MPH.
- Handling: As this unit is a backpack leaf blower, the majority of the unit is distributed so that the user can operate it with ease for most reasonable periods of use. Its throttle is hip-mounted, which can make it easier on your right hand if you operate it over an extended period of time. All told, it weighs 20.7 lbs — the RedMax EBZ5150 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest gas-powered backpack blower on the market.
- Engine: Its Strato-Charged® engine boasts a displacement of 50.2 cc. Please note that, because the RedMax EBZ5150’s engine is a 2-cycle one, it runs on a mixture of oil and gasoline. According to RedMax, the proper fuel mixture ratio for this blower is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the EBZ5150 offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 89 dB.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 70.9 fl. oz., this RedMax blower is average when compared to other gas-powered backpack leaf blowers.
The RedMax EBZ5150's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the RedMax EBZ5150 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 215 MPH. That makes the EBZ5150 average in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- Its max air volume rating (434 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the biggest air producer of gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the RedMax EBZ5150 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Strato-Charged Engine Technology
RedMax's Strato-Charged 2-stroke engines are efficiently designed with just 3 moving parts. This allows them to be up to 20% more fuel-efficient than standard 2-stroke engines, to be 20 to 25% lighter than 4-stroke engines of the same size, and to produce low emissions that meet regulations without the need for a heated, heavy catalytic converter. Offering much less operator fatigue, these engines have a high power to weight ratio and can therefore be classified as high-performance.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Strato-Charged® Engine
- Decent Tank (70.9 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (89 dB)
- Decent Weight (20.7 lbs)
- Decent MPH (215 MPH)
- Low CFM (434 CFM)
RedMax is an established power equipment brand in North America, known for its trimmers, chainsaws and, of course, leaf blowers. Interestingly, the company traces its roots back to Japan, where it was founded in 1910 as the Tokyo Gas Kogyo Company. TGCK went through numerous name changes and settled with the names Komatsu Zenoah (globally) and RedMax/Zenoah (North America), under which they sell their products to this day. The company was acquired by Husqvarna in 2007. RedMax has a somewhat extensive portfolio of more than 10 leaf blowers, both backpack and handheld, and has recently launched a battery powered product line. RedMax products are produced in various plants over the globe, which are not limited to Japan.
The RedMax EBZ5150 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of RedMax blowers, please consult RedMax's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-487-5951.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.