The RedMax EBZ5150 is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 434 CFM at 215 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 50.2 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 434|
|MPH||Up to 215|
|Blowing Force||20 N|
|Engine displacement||50.2 cc|
|Fuel tank||70.9 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||89 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the RedMax EBZ5150, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the RedMax EBZ5150
- Power: The RedMax EBZ5150 is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 215 MPH and a max air volume rating of 434 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: Like most backpack blowers, this model is technically heavier than a handheld. That being said, it can feel lighter and more comfortable because of the way it is carried, even when used over extended periods of time. Its throttle is hip-mounted, which can make it easier on your right hand if you operate it over an extended period of time. Among other gas-powered backpack blowers, the RedMax EBZ5150 can be considered light, weighing only 20.7 lbs.
- Engine: Its Strato-Charged® engine boasts a displacement of 50.2 cc. Please note that, because the RedMax EBZ5150’s engine is a 2-cycle one, it runs on a mixture of oil and gasoline. According to RedMax, the proper fuel mixture ratio for this blower is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the RedMax EBZ5150 allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 89 dB can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 70.9 fl. oz., this RedMax blower is average when compared to other gas backpack blowers.
The RedMax EBZ5150's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the RedMax EBZ5150 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 215 MPH, which is pretty much what is to be expected for gas-powered backpack blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Husqvarna 150BT and its 251 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Its max air volume rating (434 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the biggest air producer of gas-powered backpack blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Shindaiwa EB910RT, which boasts with 1110 CFM.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the RedMax EBZ5150 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Strato-Charged Engine Technology
RedMax's Strato-Charged 2-stroke engines are efficiently designed with just 3 moving parts. This allows them to be up to 20% more fuel-efficient than standard 2-stroke engines, to be 20 to 25% lighter than 4-stroke engines of the same size, and to produce low emissions that meet regulations without the need for a heated, heavy catalytic converter. Offering much less operator fatigue, these engines have a high power to weight ratio and can therefore be classified as high-performance.
RedMax is an established power equipment brand in North America, known for its trimmers, chainsaws and, of course, leaf blowers. Interestingly, the company traces its roots back to Japan, where it was founded in 1910 as the Tokyo Gas Kogyo Company. TGCK went through numerous name changes and settled with the names Komatsu Zenoah (globally) and RedMax/Zenoah (North America), under which they sell their products to this day. The company was acquired by Husqvarna in 2007. RedMax has a somewhat extensive portfolio of more than 10 leaf blowers, both backpack and handheld, and has recently launched a battery powered product line. RedMax products are produced in various plants over the globe, which are not limited to Japan.
The RedMax EBZ5150 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of RedMax blowers, please consult RedMax's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-487-5951.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.