Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 434|
|MPH||Up to 215|
|Blowing Force||20 N|
|Engine Displacement||50.2 cc|
|Fuel Tank||70.9 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||89 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the RedMax EBZ5150, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the RedMax EBZ5150
- Power: The RedMax EBZ5150 is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 215 MPH and a max air volume rating of 434 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: Like most backpack blowers, this model is technically heavier than a handheld. That being said, it can feel lighter and more comfortable because of the way it is carried, even when used over extended periods of time. Its throttle is hip-mounted, which can make it easier on your right hand if you operate it over an extended period of time. All told, it weighs 20.7 lbs — the RedMax EBZ5150 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest gas-powered backpack blower on the market.
- Engine: Its Strato-Charged® engine boasts a displacement of 50.2 cc. Please be aware that 2-cycle engines like this one require a mixture of gas and oil in order to run. For the RedMax EBZ5150, this ratio is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the RedMax EBZ5150 to match.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 89 dB.
- Fuel Tank: It has an average fuel capacity, with a tank able to hold around 70.9 fl. oz of fuel.
The RedMax EBZ5150's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the RedMax EBZ5150 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 215 MPH, which is pretty much what is to be expected for gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- As this unit is rated at 434 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it expells less air than most gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the RedMax EBZ5150 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Strato-Charged Engine Technology
RedMax's Strato-Charged 2-stroke engines are efficiently designed with just 3 moving parts. This allows them to be up to 20% more fuel-efficient than standard 2-stroke engines, to be 20 to 25% lighter than 4-stroke engines of the same size, and to produce low emissions that meet regulations without the need for a heated, heavy catalytic converter. Offering much less operator fatigue, these engines have a high power to weight ratio and can therefore be classified as high-performance.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Strato-Charged® Engine
- Decent Tank (70.9 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (89 dB)
- Decent Weight (20.7 lbs)
- Decent MPH (215 MPH)
- Low CFM (434 CFM)
Where to buy the redmax EBZ5150?
The RedMax EBZ5150 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of RedMax blowers, please consult RedMax's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-487-5951.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.