Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 434|
|MPH||Up to 215|
|Blowing Force||20 N|
|Engine Displacement||50.2 cc|
|Fuel Tank||70.9 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||89 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the RedMax EBZ5150RH, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the RedMax EBZ5150RH
- Power: The EBZ5150RH, built by RedMax, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 434 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 215 MPH.
- Handling: Like most backpack blowers, this model is technically heavier than a handheld. That being said, it can feel lighter and more comfortable because of the way it is carried, even when used over extended periods of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. All told, it weighs 20.7 lbs — the RedMax EBZ5150RH is neither the lightest nor the heaviest gas-powered backpack blower on the market.
- Engine: This blower's Strato-Charged® engine has a displacement specification of 50.2 cc. As you may or may not know, 2-stroke engines require a mixture of gasoline and oil in order to keep all the moving parts lubricated while fuelling the engine’s internal combustion. The fuel/oil ratio recommended by RedMax for the EBZ5150RH is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the EBZ5150RH features variable speed settings for added control.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 89 dB.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 70.9 fl. oz., this RedMax blower is average when compared to other gas-powered backpack leaf blowers.
The RedMax EBZ5150RH's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the RedMax EBZ5150RH compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Its max air speed of 215 MPH places it at the approximate midpoint in comparison to other gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- Its max air volume rating (434 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the biggest air producer of gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the RedMax EBZ5150RH is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Strato-Charged Engine Technology
RedMax's Strato-Charged 2-stroke engines are efficiently designed with just 3 moving parts. This allows them to be up to 20% more fuel-efficient than standard 2-stroke engines, to be 20 to 25% lighter than 4-stroke engines of the same size, and to produce low emissions that meet regulations without the need for a heated, heavy catalytic converter. Offering much less operator fatigue, these engines have a high power to weight ratio and can therefore be classified as high-performance.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Strato-Charged® Engine
- Decent Tank (70.9 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (89 dB)
- Decent Weight (20.7 lbs)
- Decent MPH (215 MPH)
- Low CFM (434 CFM)
Where to buy the redmax EBZ5150RH?
The RedMax EBZ5150RH is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of RedMax blowers, please consult RedMax's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-487-5951.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.