The RedMax EBZ6500RH is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 632 CFM at 232 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 65.6 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 632|
|MPH||Up to 232|
|Blowing Force||30 N|
|Engine displacement||65.6 cc|
|Fuel tank||71 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||97.1 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the RedMax EBZ6500RH, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the RedMax EBZ6500RH
- Power: The RedMax EBZ6500RH is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 632 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 232 MPH.
- Handling: As this unit is a backpack leaf blower, the majority of the unit is distributed so that the user can operate it with ease for most reasonable periods of use. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. All told, it weighs 22.5 lbs — the RedMax EBZ6500RH is neither the lightest nor the heaviest gas-powered backpack blower on the market.
- Engine: This blower is fitted with a 65.6 cc Strato-Charged® engine. Please note that, because the RedMax EBZ6500RH’s engine is a 2-cycle one, it runs on a mixture of oil and gasoline. According to RedMax, the proper fuel mixture ratio for this blower is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: There are times when you only need a little more power, while other times you will want a bit more precision when clearing leaves and debris. For this purpose, the EBZ6500RH offers variable speed settings, adding you, the user, more control, and a cruise control mode, which will allow you to maintain it comfortably for as long as you wish.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 97.1 dB.
- Fuel Tank: It has an average fuel capacity, with a tank able to hold around 71 fl. oz of fuel.
The RedMax EBZ6500RH's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the RedMax EBZ6500RH compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 232 MPH, which is rather impressive for gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- The EBZ6500RH is average in terms of air volume. It's rated at 632 CFM, which is common for gas-powered backpack blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the RedMax EBZ6500RH is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Strato-Charged Engine Technology
RedMax's Strato-Charged 2-stroke engines are efficiently designed with just 3 moving parts. This allows them to be up to 20% more fuel-efficient than standard 2-stroke engines, to be 20 to 25% lighter than 4-stroke engines of the same size, and to produce low emissions that meet regulations without the need for a heated, heavy catalytic converter. Offering much less operator fatigue, these engines have a high power to weight ratio and can therefore be classified as high-performance.
RedMax is an established power equipment brand in North America, known for its trimmers, chainsaws and, of course, leaf blowers. Interestingly, the company traces its roots back to Japan, where it was founded in 1910 as the Tokyo Gas Kogyo Company. TGCK went through numerous name changes and settled with the names Komatsu Zenoah (globally) and RedMax/Zenoah (North America), under which they sell their products to this day. The company was acquired by Husqvarna in 2007. RedMax has a somewhat extensive portfolio of more than 10 leaf blowers, both backpack and handheld, and has recently launched a battery powered product line. RedMax products are produced in various plants over the globe, which are not limited to Japan.
The RedMax EBZ6500RH is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of RedMax blowers, please consult RedMax's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-487-5951.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.