Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 632|
|MPH||Up to 232|
|Blowing Force||30 N|
|Engine Displacement||65.6 cc|
|Fuel Tank||71 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||97.1 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the RedMax EBZ6500RH, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the RedMax EBZ6500RH
- Power: The RedMax EBZ6500RH is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 632 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 232 MPH.
- Handling: This blower’s backpack functionality makes make it less exerting on the user, even when used for an extended period of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. All told, it weighs 22.5 lbs — the RedMax EBZ6500RH is neither the lightest nor the heaviest gas-powered backpack blower on the market.
- Engine: Its Strato-Charged® engine boasts a displacement of 65.6 cc. Since this is a 2-stroke engine, it’s important to remember that the EBZ6500RH cannot run on gasoline alone. The fuel must be mixed with an appropriate ratio of gasoline and oil in order for it to function properly (for this RedMax model, this ratio is 50:1).
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the EBZ6500RH offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 97.1 dB, the EBZ6500RH is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered backpack category.
- Fuel Tank: It has an average fuel capacity, with a tank able to hold around 71 fl. oz of fuel.
The RedMax EBZ6500RH's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the RedMax EBZ6500RH compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air exiting this blower has been clocked at a max speed of 232 MPH. This puts the EBZ6500RH ahead of the pack as far as air speed is concerned in gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- The EBZ6500RH is average in terms of air volume. It's rated at 632 CFM, which is common for gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the RedMax EBZ6500RH is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
Strato-Charged Engine Technology
RedMax's Strato-Charged 2-stroke engines are efficiently designed with just 3 moving parts. This allows them to be up to 20% more fuel-efficient than standard 2-stroke engines, to be 20 to 25% lighter than 4-stroke engines of the same size, and to produce low emissions that meet regulations without the need for a heated, heavy catalytic converter. Offering much less operator fatigue, these engines have a high power to weight ratio and can therefore be classified as high-performance.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Strato-Charged® Engine
- High MPH (232 MPH)
- Decent Tank (71 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (97.1 dB)
- Decent Weight (22.5 lbs)
- Decent CFM (632 CFM)
RedMax is an established power equipment brand in North America, known for its trimmers, chainsaws and, of course, leaf blowers. Interestingly, the company traces its roots back to Japan, where it was founded in 1910 as the Tokyo Gas Kogyo Company. TGCK went through numerous name changes and settled with the names Komatsu Zenoah (globally) and RedMax/Zenoah (North America), under which they sell their products to this day. The company was acquired by Husqvarna in 2007. RedMax has a somewhat extensive portfolio of more than 10 leaf blowers, both backpack and handheld, and has recently launched a battery powered product line. RedMax products are produced in various plants over the globe, which are not limited to Japan.
The RedMax EBZ6500RH is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of RedMax blowers, please consult RedMax's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-487-5951.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.