The RedMax EBZ8550 is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 941 CFM at 206 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 75.6 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 941|
|MPH||Up to 206|
|Blowing Force||41 N|
|Engine displacement||75.6 cc|
|Fuel tank||77.8 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||103 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the RedMax EBZ8550, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the RedMax EBZ8550
- Power: The RedMax EBZ8550 is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 941 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 206 MPH.
- Handling: By design, this model isn’t the smallest leaf blower on the market. It’s meant to be carried as a backpack so that the bulk of the unit is out of the way and the user’s hands are free to manipulate the nozzle. Its throttle is hip-mounted, which can make it easier on your right hand if you operate it over an extended period of time. Be aware that, at 25.1 lbs, the RedMax EBZ8550 is on the heavier side for gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 75.6 cc. Please be aware that 2-cycle engines like this one require a mixture of gas and oil in order to run. For the RedMax EBZ8550, this ratio is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the RedMax EBZ8550 allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 103 dB can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 77.8 fl. oz., this RedMax blower is average when compared to other gas backpack blowers.
The RedMax EBZ8550's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the RedMax EBZ8550 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 206 MPH. That makes the EBZ8550 average in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- The EBZ8550 is powerful, with an airflow rating of 941 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other gas-powered backpack blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
RedMax is an established power equipment brand in North America, known for its trimmers, chainsaws and, of course, leaf blowers. Interestingly, the company traces its roots back to Japan, where it was founded in 1910 as the Tokyo Gas Kogyo Company. TGCK went through numerous name changes and settled with the names Komatsu Zenoah (globally) and RedMax/Zenoah (North America), under which they sell their products to this day. The company was acquired by Husqvarna in 2007. RedMax has a somewhat extensive portfolio of more than 10 leaf blowers, both backpack and handheld, and has recently launched a battery powered product line. RedMax products are produced in various plants over the globe, which are not limited to Japan.
The RedMax EBZ8550 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of RedMax blowers, please consult RedMax's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-487-5951.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.