Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 941|
|MPH||Up to 206|
|Blowing Force||41 N|
|Engine Displacement||75.6 cc|
|Fuel Tank||77.8 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||103 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the RedMax EBZ8550, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the RedMax EBZ8550
- Power: The RedMax EBZ8550 is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 206 MPH and a max air volume rating of 941 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: This blower’s backpack functionality makes make it less exerting on the user, even when used for an extended period of time. Its throttle is hip-mounted, which can make it easier on your right hand if you operate it over an extended period of time. However, for a gas-powered backpack blower, the RedMax EBZ8550 is heavier than most, weighing 25.1 lbs.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 75.6 cc. As you may or may not know, 2-stroke engines require a mixture of gasoline and oil in order to keep all the moving parts lubricated while fuelling the engine’s internal combustion. The fuel/oil ratio recommended by RedMax for the EBZ8550 is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the EBZ8550 offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 103 dB, the EBZ8550 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered backpack category.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 77.8 fl. oz., this RedMax blower is average when compared to other gas-powered backpack leaf blowers.
The RedMax EBZ8550's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the RedMax EBZ8550 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 206 MPH, which is pretty much what is to be expected for gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- If air volume is an important feature, the EBZ8550 by RedMax will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 941 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
The bottom line
- High CFM (941 CFM)
- Decent Tank (77.8 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (103 dB)
- Decent MPH (206 MPH)
- Quite heavy (25.1 lbs)
RedMax is an established power equipment brand in North America, known for its trimmers, chainsaws and, of course, leaf blowers. Interestingly, the company traces its roots back to Japan, where it was founded in 1910 as the Tokyo Gas Kogyo Company. TGCK went through numerous name changes and settled with the names Komatsu Zenoah (globally) and RedMax/Zenoah (North America), under which they sell their products to this day. The company was acquired by Husqvarna in 2007. RedMax has a somewhat extensive portfolio of more than 10 leaf blowers, both backpack and handheld, and has recently launched a battery powered product line. RedMax products are produced in various plants over the globe, which are not limited to Japan.
The RedMax EBZ8550 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of RedMax blowers, please consult RedMax's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-487-5951.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.