The RedMax EBZ8550 is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 941 CFM at 206 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 75.6 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 941|
|MPH||Up to 206|
|Blowing Force||41 N|
|Engine Displacement||75.6 cc|
|Fuel Tank||77.8 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||103 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the RedMax EBZ8550, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the RedMax EBZ8550
- Power: The EBZ8550 gas-powered blower, manufactured by RedMax, is rated for a max air volume of 941 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 206 MPH.
- Handling: Like most backpack blowers, this model is technically heavier than a handheld. That being said, it can feel lighter and more comfortable because of the way it is carried, even when used over extended periods of time. Its throttle is hip-mounted, which can make it easier on your right hand if you operate it over an extended period of time. Be aware that, at 25.1 lbs, the RedMax EBZ8550 is on the heavier side for gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Engine: The blower is fitted with a 75.6 cc engine. Since this is a 2-stroke engine, it’s important to remember that the EBZ8550 cannot run on gasoline alone. The fuel must be mixed with an appropriate ratio of gasoline and oil in order for it to function properly (for this RedMax model, this ratio is 50:1).
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the RedMax EBZ8550 allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 103 dB, the EBZ8550 is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered backpack category.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 77.8 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity.
The RedMax EBZ8550's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the RedMax EBZ8550 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Its max air speed of 206 MPH places it at the approximate midpoint in comparison to other gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- Regarding its air volume, the RedMax EBZ8550 boasts an impressive airflow that can reach 941 CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute). This places it amongst the most powerful of gas-powered backpack blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
RedMax is an established power equipment brand in North America, known for its trimmers, chainsaws and, of course, leaf blowers. Interestingly, the company traces its roots back to Japan, where it was founded in 1910 as the Tokyo Gas Kogyo Company. TGCK went through numerous name changes and settled with the names Komatsu Zenoah (globally) and RedMax/Zenoah (North America), under which they sell their products to this day. The company was acquired by Husqvarna in 2007. RedMax has a somewhat extensive portfolio of more than 10 leaf blowers, both backpack and handheld, and has recently launched a battery powered product line. RedMax products are produced in various plants over the globe, which are not limited to Japan.
The RedMax EBZ8550 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of RedMax blowers, please consult RedMax's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-487-5951.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.