The RedMax EBZ8550 is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 941 CFM at 206 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 75.6 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 941|
|MPH||Up to 206|
|Blowing Force||41 N|
|Engine displacement||75.6 cc|
|Fuel tank||77.8 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||103 dB|
|Other model numbers||967851601|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the RedMax EBZ8550, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the RedMax EBZ8550
- Power: The RedMax EBZ8550 is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 206 MPH and a max air volume rating of 941 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: By design, this model isn’t the smallest leaf blower on the market. It’s meant to be carried as a backpack so that the bulk of the unit is out of the way and the user’s hands are free to manipulate the nozzle. Its throttle is hip-mounted, which can make it easier on your right hand if you operate it over an extended period of time. Be aware that, at 25.1 lbs, the RedMax EBZ8550 is on the heavier side for gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 75.6 cc. Please note that, because the RedMax EBZ8550's engine is a 2-cycle one, it runs on a mixture of oil and gasoline. According to RedMax, the proper fuel mixture ratio for this blower is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the RedMax EBZ8550 allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 103 dB.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 77.8 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity for backpack blowers.
The RedMax EBZ8550's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the RedMax EBZ8550 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 206 MPH, which is pretty much what is to be expected for gas-powered backpack blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Husqvarna 150BT and its 251 MPH could be an option to consider.
- The EBZ8550 is powerful, with an airflow rating of 941 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other gas-powered backpack blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Shindaiwa EB910RT, with 1110 CFM, could be in your good books.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
RedMax is an established power equipment brand in North America, known for its trimmers, chainsaws and, of course, leaf blowers. Interestingly, the company traces its roots back to Japan, where it was founded in 1910 as the Tokyo Gas Kogyo Company. TGCK went through numerous name changes and settled with the names Komatsu Zenoah (globally) and RedMax/Zenoah (North America), under which they sell their products to this day. The company was acquired by Husqvarna in 2007. RedMax has a somewhat extensive portfolio of more than 10 leaf blowers, both backpack and handheld, and has recently launched a battery powered product line. RedMax products are produced in various plants over the globe, which are not limited to Japan.
The RedMax EBZ8550 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of RedMax blowers, please consult RedMax's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-487-5951.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.