The RedMax EBZ8550RH is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 941 CFM at 206 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 75.6 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 941|
|MPH||Up to 206|
|Blowing Force||41 N|
|Engine displacement||75.6 cc|
|Fuel tank||77.8 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||103 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the RedMax EBZ8550RH, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the RedMax EBZ8550RH
- Power: The RedMax EBZ8550RH is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 206 MPH and a max air volume rating of 941 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: This blower’s backpack functionality makes make it less exerting on the user, even when used for an extended period of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. However, for a gas-powered backpack blower, the RedMax EBZ8550RH is heavier than most, weighing 24.9 lbs.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 75.6 cc. Since this is a 2-stroke engine, it’s important to remember that the EBZ8550RH cannot run on gasoline alone. The fuel must be mixed with an appropriate ratio of gasoline and oil in order for it to function properly (for this RedMax model, this ratio is 50:1).
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the RedMax EBZ8550RH allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 103 dB.
- Fuel Tank: It has an average fuel capacity, with a tank able to hold around 77.8 fl. oz of fuel.
The RedMax EBZ8550RH's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the RedMax EBZ8550RH compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 206 MPH. That makes the EBZ8550RH average in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- Regarding its air volume, the RedMax EBZ8550RH boasts an impressive airflow that can reach 941 CFM (Cubic Foot per Minute). This places it amongst the most powerful of gas-powered backpack blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the RedMax EBZ8550RH is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
RedMax is an established power equipment brand in North America, known for its trimmers, chainsaws and, of course, leaf blowers. Interestingly, the company traces its roots back to Japan, where it was founded in 1910 as the Tokyo Gas Kogyo Company. TGCK went through numerous name changes and settled with the names Komatsu Zenoah (globally) and RedMax/Zenoah (North America), under which they sell their products to this day. The company was acquired by Husqvarna in 2007. RedMax has a somewhat extensive portfolio of more than 10 leaf blowers, both backpack and handheld, and has recently launched a battery powered product line. RedMax products are produced in various plants over the globe, which are not limited to Japan.
The RedMax EBZ8550RH is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of RedMax blowers, please consult RedMax's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-487-5951.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.