The RedMax EBZ8550RH is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 941 CFM at 206 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 75.6 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 941|
|MPH||Up to 206|
|Blowing Force||41 N|
|Engine Displacement||75.6 cc|
|Fuel Tank||77.8 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||103 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the RedMax EBZ8550RH, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the RedMax EBZ8550RH
- Power: The RedMax EBZ8550RH is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 941 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 206 MPH.
- Handling: By design, this model isn’t the smallest leaf blower on the market. It’s meant to be carried as a backpack so that the bulk of the unit is out of the way and the user’s hands are free to manipulate the nozzle. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. However, for a gas-powered backpack blower, the RedMax EBZ8550RH is heavier than most, weighing 24.9 lbs.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 75.6 cc. Please be aware that 2-cycle engines like this one require a mixture of gas and oil in order to run. For the RedMax EBZ8550RH, this ratio is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the RedMax EBZ8550RH to match.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 103 dB.
- Fuel Tank: It has an average fuel capacity, with a tank able to hold around 77.8 fl. oz of fuel.
The RedMax EBZ8550RH's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the RedMax EBZ8550RH compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 206 MPH. That makes the EBZ8550RH average in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- If air volume is an important feature, the EBZ8550RH by RedMax will not disappoint. Its airflow maxes out at 941 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which is more powerful than most gas-powered backpack blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the RedMax EBZ8550RH is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
RedMax is an established power equipment brand in North America, known for its trimmers, chainsaws and, of course, leaf blowers. Interestingly, the company traces its roots back to Japan, where it was founded in 1910 as the Tokyo Gas Kogyo Company. TGCK went through numerous name changes and settled with the names Komatsu Zenoah (globally) and RedMax/Zenoah (North America), under which they sell their products to this day. The company was acquired by Husqvarna in 2007. RedMax has a somewhat extensive portfolio of more than 10 leaf blowers, both backpack and handheld, and has recently launched a battery powered product line. RedMax products are produced in various plants over the globe, which are not limited to Japan.
The RedMax EBZ8550RH is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of RedMax blowers, please consult RedMax's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-487-5951.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.