The RedMax EBZ8560 is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 1000 CFM at 220 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 75.6cc engine. (Read full specs)
941CFM + Tube throttle
941CFM + Hip throttle
1000CFM + Tube throttle
1000CFM + Hip throttle
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 1000|
|MPH||Up to 220|
|Blowing Force||47 N|
|Fuel tank||77.8 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||106 dB|
|Other model numbers||970499301|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the RedMax EBZ8560, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the RedMax EBZ8560
- Power: The RedMax EBZ8560 is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 1000 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 220 MPH.
- Handling: This blower’s backpack functionality makes make it less exerting on the user, even when used for an extended period of time. Its throttle is hip-mounted, which can make it easier on your right hand if you operate it over an extended period of time. However, for a gas-powered backpack blower, the RedMax EBZ8560 is heavier than most, weighing 25.5 lbs.
- Engine: The blower is fitted with a 75.6cc engine. As you may or may not know, 2-stroke engines require a mixture of gasoline and oil in order to keep all the moving parts lubricated while fuelling the engine’s internal combustion. The fuel/oil ratio recommended by RedMax for the EBZ8560 is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the RedMax EBZ8560 to match.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 106 dB can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 77.8 fl. oz., this RedMax blower is average compared to other gas backpack blowers.
The RedMax EBZ8560's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the RedMax EBZ8560 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The RedMax EBZ8560 expels air at speeds up to 220 MPH, making it standard in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Husqvarna 150BT and its 270 MPH could be an option to consider.
- The EBZ8560 is powerful, with an airflow rating of 1000 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This is certainly on the high end compared to other gas-powered backpack blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Echo PB-9010T, with 1110 CFM, could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the RedMax EBZ8560 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
RedMax is an established power equipment brand in North America, known for its trimmers, chainsaws and, of course, leaf blowers. Interestingly, the company traces its roots back to Japan, where it was founded in 1910 as the Tokyo Gas Kogyo Company. TGCK went through numerous name changes and settled with the names Komatsu Zenoah (globally) and RedMax/Zenoah (North America), under which they sell their products to this day. The company was acquired by Husqvarna in 2007. RedMax has a somewhat extensive portfolio of more than 10 leaf blowers, both backpack and handheld, and has recently launched a battery powered product line. RedMax products are produced in various plants over the globe, which are not limited to Japan.
The RedMax EBZ8560 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of RedMax blowers, please consult RedMax's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-487-5951.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.