The RedMax HBZ260R is a gas-powered handheld leaf blower delivering 459 CFM at 157 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 25.4 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 459|
|MPH||Up to 157|
|Blowing Force||15 N|
|Engine displacement||25.4 cc|
|Fuel tank||15.2 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||105 dB|
|Tube length||22.04 in|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the RedMax HBZ260R
- Power: The RedMax HBZ260R is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 459 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 157 MPH.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. Among other gas-powered handheld blowers, the RedMax HBZ260R can be considered light, weighing only 9.5 lbs.
- Engine: This blower's Strato-Charged® engine has a displacement specification of 25.4 cc. Please note that, because the RedMax HBZ260R’s engine is a 2-cycle one, it runs on a mixture of oil and gasoline. According to RedMax, the proper fuel mixture ratio for this blower is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the HBZ260R features variable speed settings for added control.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 105 dB, the HBZ260R is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered handheld category.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 15.2 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity.
The RedMax HBZ260R's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the RedMax HBZ260R compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air expelled from the nozzle of this blower can reach 157 MPH. When compared to others of this type, the HBZ260R has a lower air speed than most gas-powered handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- The HBZ260R is average in terms of air volume. It's rated at 459 CFM, which is common for gas-powered handheld blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas handheld blowers, the RedMax HBZ260R is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its kind, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Strato-Charged Engine Technology
RedMax's Strato-Charged 2-stroke engines are efficiently designed with just 3 moving parts. This allows them to be up to 20% more fuel-efficient than standard 2-stroke engines, to be 20 to 25% lighter than 4-stroke engines of the same size, and to produce low emissions that meet regulations without the need for a heated, heavy catalytic converter. Offering much less operator fatigue, these engines have a high power to weight ratio and can therefore be classified as high-performance.
RedMax is an established power equipment brand in North America, known for its trimmers, chainsaws and, of course, leaf blowers. Interestingly, the company traces its roots back to Japan, where it was founded in 1910 as the Tokyo Gas Kogyo Company. TGCK went through numerous name changes and settled with the names Komatsu Zenoah (globally) and RedMax/Zenoah (North America), under which they sell their products to this day. The company was acquired by Husqvarna in 2007. RedMax has a somewhat extensive portfolio of more than 10 leaf blowers, both backpack and handheld, and has recently launched a battery powered product line. RedMax products are produced in various plants over the globe, which are not limited to Japan.
The RedMax HBZ260R is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of RedMax blowers, please consult RedMax's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-487-5951.
RedMax also has an extended warranty program (opens in a new tab) for 2-stroke handheld blowers like this one.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.