The RedMax HBZ260R is a gas-powered handheld leaf blower delivering 459 CFM at 157 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 25.4cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 459|
|MPH||Up to 157|
|Blowing Force||15 N|
|Fuel tank||15.2 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||105 dB|
|Tube length||22.04 in|
|Other model numbers||967089601|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the RedMax HBZ260R
- Power: The RedMax HBZ260R is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 459 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 157 MPH.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. When compared to other gas-powered handheld blowers, the RedMax HBZ260R stands out due to its lower weight: just 9.5 lbs.
- Engine: This blower is fitted with a 25.4 cc Strato-Charged® engine. As you may or may not know, 2-stroke engines require a mixture of gasoline and oil in order to keep all the moving parts lubricated while fuelling the engine’s internal combustion. The fuel/oil ratio recommended by RedMax for the HBZ260R is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the HBZ260R offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
- Noise: The manufacturer specifications state that the HBZ260R can generate engine noise approaching 105 dB. This is louder than other gas-powered handheld leaf blowers.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 15.2 fl. oz., this RedMax blower is average compared to other gas handheld blowers.
The RedMax HBZ260R's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the RedMax HBZ260R compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 157 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for gas-powered handheld blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Craftsman BV2500, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 250 MPH.
- The HBZ260R is average in terms of air volume. It's rated at 459 CFM, which is common for gas-powered handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Craftsman B225, with 650 CFM, could be in your good books.
Strato-Charged Engine Technology
RedMax's Strato-Charged 2-stroke engines are efficiently designed with just 3 moving parts. This allows them to be up to 20% more fuel-efficient than standard 2-stroke engines, to be 20 to 25% lighter than 4-stroke engines of the same size, and to produce low emissions that meet regulations without the need for a heated, heavy catalytic converter. Offering much less operator fatigue, these engines have a high power to weight ratio and can therefore be classified as high-performance.
RedMax is an established power equipment brand in North America, known for its trimmers, chainsaws and, of course, leaf blowers. Interestingly, the company traces its roots back to Japan, where it was founded in 1910 as the Tokyo Gas Kogyo Company. TGCK went through numerous name changes and settled with the names Komatsu Zenoah (globally) and RedMax/Zenoah (North America), under which they sell their products to this day. The company was acquired by Husqvarna in 2007. RedMax has a somewhat extensive portfolio of more than 10 leaf blowers, both backpack and handheld, and has recently launched a battery powered product line. RedMax products are produced in various plants over the globe, which are not limited to Japan.
The RedMax HBZ260R is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of RedMax blowers, please consult RedMax's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-487-5951.
RedMax also has an extended warranty program (opens in a new tab) for 2-stroke handheld blowers like this one.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.