The RedMax HBZ260R is a gas-powered handheld leaf blower delivering 459 CFM at 157 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 25.4 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 459|
|MPH||Up to 157|
|Blowing Force||15 N|
|Engine displacement||25.4 cc|
|Fuel tank||15.2 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||105 dB|
|Tube length||22.04 in|
|Other model numbers||967089601|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the RedMax HBZ260R
- Power: The RedMax HBZ260R is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 459 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 157 MPH.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. When compared to other gas-powered handheld blowers, the RedMax HBZ260R stands out due to its lower weight: just 9.5 lbs.
- Engine: This blower's Strato-Charged® engine has a displacement specification of 25.4 cc. As you may or may not know, 2-stroke engines require a mixture of gasoline and oil in order to keep all the moving parts lubricated while fuelling the engine’s internal combustion. The fuel/oil ratio recommended by RedMax for the HBZ260R is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: With its variable speed settings, the RedMax HBZ260R allows you to precisely control its air output. In addition, the blower is also equipped with cruise control, with which the user can easily maintain the selected settings.
- Noise: Note that this blower is somewhat on the noisy end of gas-powered handheld blowers, as its engine can reach an operating noise level of around 105 dB.
- Fuel Tank: It has an average fuel capacity for a handheld blower, with a tank that holds around 15.2 fl. oz of fuel.
The RedMax HBZ260R's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the RedMax HBZ260R compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 157 MPH, which is on the lower end for gas-powered handheld blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Craftsman BV2500, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 250 MPH.
- The HBZ260R is average in terms of air volume. It's rated at 459 CFM, which is common for gas-powered handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Craftsman B225, with 650 CFM, could be in your good books.
Strato-Charged Engine Technology
RedMax's Strato-Charged 2-stroke engines are efficiently designed with just 3 moving parts. This allows them to be up to 20% more fuel-efficient than standard 2-stroke engines, to be 20 to 25% lighter than 4-stroke engines of the same size, and to produce low emissions that meet regulations without the need for a heated, heavy catalytic converter. Offering much less operator fatigue, these engines have a high power to weight ratio and can therefore be classified as high-performance.
RedMax is an established power equipment brand in North America, known for its trimmers, chainsaws and, of course, leaf blowers. Interestingly, the company traces its roots back to Japan, where it was founded in 1910 as the Tokyo Gas Kogyo Company. TGCK went through numerous name changes and settled with the names Komatsu Zenoah (globally) and RedMax/Zenoah (North America), under which they sell their products to this day. The company was acquired by Husqvarna in 2007. RedMax has a somewhat extensive portfolio of more than 10 leaf blowers, both backpack and handheld, and has recently launched a battery powered product line. RedMax products are produced in various plants over the globe, which are not limited to Japan.
The RedMax HBZ260R is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of RedMax blowers, please consult RedMax's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-487-5951.
RedMax also has an extended warranty program (opens in a new tab) for 2-stroke handheld blowers like this one.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.