Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 459|
|MPH||Up to 157|
|Blowing Force||15 N|
|Engine Displacement||25.4 cc|
|Fuel Tank||15.2 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||105 dB|
|Tube Length||22.04 in|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the RedMax HBZ260R
- Power: The HBZ260R gas-powered blower, manufactured by RedMax, is rated for a max air volume of 459 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 157 MPH.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. When compared to other gas-powered handheld blowers, the RedMax HBZ260R stands out due to its lower weight: just 9.5 lbs.
- Engine: This blower's Strato-Charged® engine has a displacement specification of 25.4 cc. Please note that, because the RedMax HBZ260R’s engine is a 2-cycle one, it runs on a mixture of oil and gasoline. According to RedMax, the proper fuel mixture ratio for this blower is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the HBZ260R offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 105 dB can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 15.2 fl. oz., this RedMax blower is average when compared to other gas-powered handheld leaf blowers.
The RedMax HBZ260R's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the RedMax HBZ260R compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 157 MPH, which is on the lower end for gas-powered handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the RedMax HBZ260R can reach 459 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
Strato-Charged Engine Technology
RedMax's Strato-Charged 2-stroke engines are efficiently designed with just 3 moving parts. This allows them to be up to 20% more fuel-efficient than standard 2-stroke engines, to be 20 to 25% lighter than 4-stroke engines of the same size, and to produce low emissions that meet regulations without the need for a heated, heavy catalytic converter. Offering much less operator fatigue, these engines have a high power to weight ratio and can therefore be classified as high-performance.
The bottom line
- Strato-Charged® Engine
- Lightweight (9.5 lbs)
- Decent Tank (15.2 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (105 dB)
- Decent CFM (459 CFM)
- Low MPH (157 MPH)
The RedMax HBZ260R is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of RedMax blowers, please consult RedMax's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-487-5951.
RedMax also has an extended warranty program for 2-stroke handheld blowers like this one.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.