The RedMax HBZ260R is a gas-powered handheld leaf blower delivering 459 CFM at 157 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 25.4 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 459|
|MPH||Up to 157|
|Blowing Force||15 N|
|Engine displacement||25.4 cc|
|Fuel tank||15.2 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||105 dB|
|Tube length||22.04 in|
|Other model numbers||967089601|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the RedMax HBZ260R
- Power: The RedMax HBZ260R is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 157 MPH and a max air volume rating of 459 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. When compared to other gas-powered handheld blowers, the RedMax HBZ260R stands out due to its lower weight: just 9.5 lbs.
- Engine: Its Strato-Charged® engine boasts a displacement of 25.4 cc. Please note that, because the RedMax HBZ260R's engine is a 2-cycle one, it runs on a mixture of oil and gasoline. According to RedMax, the proper fuel mixture ratio for this blower is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: With its variable speed settings, the RedMax HBZ260R allows you to precisely control its air output. In addition, the blower is also equipped with cruise control, with which the user can easily maintain the selected settings.
- Noise: Note that this blower is somewhat on the noisy end of gas-powered handheld blowers, as its engine can reach an operating noise level of around 105 dB.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 15.2 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity for handheld blowers.
The RedMax HBZ260R's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the RedMax HBZ260R compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 157 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for gas-powered handheld blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Poulan Pro PPBV25, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 230 MPH.
- It has a maximum air volume output of 459 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the HBZ260R is well within average in relation to similar gas-powered handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Craftsman B225, with 650 CFM, could be in your good books.
Strato-Charged Engine Technology
RedMax's Strato-Charged 2-stroke engines are efficiently designed with just 3 moving parts. This allows them to be up to 20% more fuel-efficient than standard 2-stroke engines, to be 20 to 25% lighter than 4-stroke engines of the same size, and to produce low emissions that meet regulations without the need for a heated, heavy catalytic converter. Offering much less operator fatigue, these engines have a high power to weight ratio and can therefore be classified as high-performance.
RedMax is an established power equipment brand in North America, known for its trimmers, chainsaws and, of course, leaf blowers. Interestingly, the company traces its roots back to Japan, where it was founded in 1910 as the Tokyo Gas Kogyo Company. TGCK went through numerous name changes and settled with the names Komatsu Zenoah (globally) and RedMax/Zenoah (North America), under which they sell their products to this day. The company was acquired by Husqvarna in 2007. RedMax has a somewhat extensive portfolio of more than 10 leaf blowers, both backpack and handheld, and has recently launched a battery powered product line. RedMax products are produced in various plants over the globe, which are not limited to Japan.
The RedMax HBZ260R is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of RedMax blowers, please consult RedMax's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-487-5951.
RedMax also has an extended warranty program (opens in a new tab) for 2-stroke handheld blowers like this one.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.