Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 450|
|MPH||Up to 205|
|Engine Displacement||27 cc|
|Fuel Tank||14 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||74 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Remington AMBUSH™ RM2BL, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Remington AMBUSH™ RM2BL
- Power: The Remington AMBUSH™ RM2BL is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 205 MPH and a max air volume rating of 450 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. All told, it weighs 10.5 lbs — the Remington AMBUSH™ RM2BL is neither the lightest nor the heaviest gas-powered handheld blower on the market.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 27 cc. As you may or may not know, 2-stroke engines require a mixture of gasoline and oil in order to keep all the moving parts lubricated while fuelling the engine’s internal combustion. The fuel/oil ratio recommended by Remington for the AMBUSH™ RM2BL is 40:1.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the Remington AMBUSH™ RM2BL allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 74 dB.
- Fuel Tank: Its tank can hold 14 fl. oz., so it falls squarely in the average in terms of fuel capacity.
- QuickStart™: This blower benefits from Remington's QuickStart™ technology. It facilitates starting by reducing the effort required to pull start the engine.
The Remington AMBUSH™ RM2BL's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Remington AMBUSH™ RM2BL compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 205 MPH, which is rather impressive for gas-powered handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- It has a maximum air volume output of 450 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the AMBUSH™ RM2BL is well within average in relation to similar gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other gas handheld blowers, the Remington AMBUSH™ RM2BL is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- QuickStart™ Technology
- High MPH (205 MPH)
- Decent Tank (14 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (74 dB)
- Decent Weight (10.5 lbs)
- Decent CFM (450 CFM)
Remington was founded in 1921 by Arthur Mall in his home town of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The one-man operation focused on production of gas and electrically powered power tools. The company has further expanded throughout the US. However, it remains one of the smaller manufacturers to this day. Leaf blowers have been added to Remington’s portfolio in the 1990’s. Their selection is comprised predominantly of handheld blowers, many of which are cordless and function as leaf vacuums. Pricewise, Remington leaf blowers fall into the middle tier. Remington products are manufactured both in the US and Mexico.
The Remington AMBUSH™ RM2BL is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Remington blowers, please contact the Remington Customer Support: 1-866-206-2707.
Questions & Answers
QIs the AMBUSH™ RM2BL really a 450 CFM blower as advertized?
AIf you look at the blower's user manual, you'll see that the 450 CFM are at the blower outlet (before the tube). The actual CFM values are 450 CFM at the blower outlet, 425 CFM inside the blower's tube and 310 CFM at the blower's nozzle.
QIs the air speed of the AMBUSH™ RM2BL really 205 MPH?
AAgain, as stated in its user manual, that's the peak air speed. The average speed recorded is around 175 MPH.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.