The Remington AMBUSH™ RM2BL is a gas-powered handheld leaf blower delivering 450 CFM at 205 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 27 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 450|
|MPH||Up to 205|
|Engine displacement||27 cc|
|Fuel tank||14 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||74 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Remington AMBUSH™ RM2BL, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Remington AMBUSH™ RM2BL
- Power: The Remington AMBUSH™ RM2BL is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 450 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 205 MPH.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. All told, it weighs 10.5 lbs — the Remington AMBUSH™ RM2BL is neither the lightest nor the heaviest gas-powered handheld blower on the market.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 27 cc. Please note that, because the Remington AMBUSH™ RM2BL's engine is a 2-cycle one, it runs on a mixture of oil and gasoline. According to Remington, the proper fuel mixture ratio for this blower is 40:1.
- Speed Settings: There are times when you only need a little more power, while other times you will want a bit more precision when clearing leaves and debris. For this purpose, the AMBUSH™ RM2BL offers variable speed settings, adding you, the user, more control, and a cruise control mode, which will allow you to maintain it comfortably for as long as you wish.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 74 dB can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Fuel Tank: With a capacity of 14 fl. oz., this Remington blower is average compared to other gas handheld blowers.
- QuickStart™: This blower benefits from Remington's QuickStart™ technology. It facilitates starting by reducing the effort required to pull start the engine.
The Remington AMBUSH™ RM2BL's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Remington AMBUSH™ RM2BL compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air exiting the nozzle of this blower can reach 205 MPH, which is quite a bit faster than most gas-powered handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Craftsman BV2500 and its 250 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the Remington AMBUSH™ RM2BL can reach 450 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other gas-powered handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Craftsman B225, with 650 CFM, could be in your good books.
Remington was founded in 1921 by Arthur Mall in his home town of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The one-man operation focused on production of gas and electrically powered power tools. The company has further expanded throughout the US. However, it remains one of the smaller manufacturers to this day. Leaf blowers have been added to Remington’s portfolio in the 1990’s. Their selection is comprised predominantly of handheld blowers, many of which are cordless and function as leaf vacuums. Pricewise, Remington leaf blowers fall into the middle tier. Remington products are manufactured both in the US and Mexico.
The Remington AMBUSH™ RM2BL is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Remington blowers, please contact the Remington Customer Support: 1-866-206-2707.
Questions & Answers
Is the AMBUSH™ RM2BL really a 450 CFM blower as advertized?
If you look at the blower's user manual, you'll see that the 450 CFM are at the blower outlet (before the tube). The actual CFM values are 450 CFM at the blower outlet, 425 CFM inside the blower's tube and 310 CFM at the blower's nozzle.
Is the air speed of the AMBUSH™ RM2BL really 205 MPH?
Again, as stated in its user manual, that's the peak air speed. The average speed recorded is around 175 MPH.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.