Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Remington AMBUSH™ RM2BL
- Power: The AMBUSH™ RM2BL, built by Remington, is a gas-powered leaf blower capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 450 cubic feet per minute (CFM). Its air speed is rated at 205 MPH.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. All told, it weighs 10.5 lbs — the Remington AMBUSH™ RM2BL is neither the lightest nor the heaviest gas-powered handheld leaf blower on the market.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 27 cc. Since this is a 2-stroke engine, it’s important to remember that the AMBUSH™ RM2BL cannot run on gasoline alone. The fuel must be mixed with an appropriate ratio of gasoline and oil in order for it to function properly (see your user’s manual for details).
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the Remington AMBUSH™ RM2BL allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered handheld blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 74 dB.
- Fuel Tank: It has an average fuel capacity, with a tank able to hold around 14 fl. oz of fuel.
- QuickStart™: This blower benefits from Remington's QuickStart™ technology. It facilitates starting by reducing the effort required to pull start the engine.
The Remington AMBUSH™ RM2BL's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Remington AMBUSH™ RM2BL compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Forced air exiting this blower has been clocked at a max speed of 205 MPH. This puts the AMBUSH™ RM2BL ahead of the pack as far as air speed is concerned in gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- The AMBUSH™ RM2BL is average in terms of power. It's rated at 450 CFM, which is common for gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
Is the AMBUSH™ RM2BL really a 450 CFM blower as advertized?
If you look at the blower's user manual, you'll see that the 450 CFM are at the blower outlet (before the tube). The actual CFM values are 450 CFM at the blower outlet, 425 CFM inside the blower's tube and 310 CFM at the blower's nozzle.
Is the air speed of the AMBUSH™ RM2BL really 205 MPH?
Again, as stated in its user manual, that's the peak air speed. The average speed recorded is around 175 MPH.
The bottom line
- QuickStart™ Technology
- High MPH (205 MPH)
- Decent Tank (14 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (74 dB)
- Decent Weight (10.5 lbs)
- Decent CFM (450 CFM)
Where to buy the Remington AMBUSH™ RM2BL?
Remington was founded in 1921 by Arthur Mall in his home town of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The one-man operation focused on production of gas and electrically powered power tools. The company has further expanded throughout the US. However, it remains one of the smaller manufacturers to this day. Leaf blowers have been added to Remington’s portfolio in the 1990’s. Their selection is comprised predominantly of handheld blowers, many of which are cordless and function as leaf vacuums. Pricewise, Remington leaf blowers fall into the middle tier. Remington products are manufactured both in the US and Mexico.
Warranty InformationThe Remington AMBUSH™ RM2BL is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Remington blowers, please contact the Remington Customer Support: 1-866-206-2707