Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 430|
|MPH||Up to 200|
|Engine Displacement||25 cc|
|Fuel Tank||14 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||72 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Remington HERO™ RM430, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Remington HERO™ RM430
- Power: The Remington HERO™ RM430 is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 200 MPH and a max air volume rating of 430 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: Being handheld, this blower has a good maneuverability and is meant to be easier to carry around over a small period of time. All told, it weighs 10 lbs — the Remington HERO™ RM430 is neither the lightest nor the heaviest gas-powered handheld blower on the market.
- Engine: The blower is fitted with a 25 cc engine. As you may or may not know, 2-stroke engines require a mixture of gasoline and oil in order to keep all the moving parts lubricated while fuelling the engine’s internal combustion. The fuel/oil ratio recommended by Remington for the HERO™ RM430 is 40:1.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the HERO™ RM430 offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: With a noise rating of 72 dB, this blower can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered handheld blowers.
- Fuel Tank: It has an average fuel capacity, with a tank able to hold around 14 fl. oz of fuel.
- QuickStart™: This blower benefits from Remington's QuickStart™ technology. It facilitates starting by reducing the effort required to pull start the engine.
The Remington HERO™ RM430's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Remington HERO™ RM430 compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 200 MPH, which is rather impressive for gas-powered handheld blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Poulan Pro PPBV25 with 230 MPH).
- The HERO™ RM430 is average in terms of air volume. It's rated at 430 CFM, which is common for gas-powered handheld leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Troy-Bilt TB2MB JET with 650 CFM).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other gas handheld blowers, the Remington HERO™ RM430 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
The bottom line
- QuickStart™ Technology
- High MPH (200 MPH)
- Decent Tank (14 fl. oz.)
- Acceptable Noise (72 dB)
- Decent Weight (10 lbs)
- Decent CFM (430 CFM)
Where to buy the remington HERO™ RM430?
Remington was founded in 1921 by Arthur Mall in his home town of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The one-man operation focused on production of gas and electrically powered power tools. The company has further expanded throughout the US. However, it remains one of the smaller manufacturers to this day. Leaf blowers have been added to Remington’s portfolio in the 1990’s. Their selection is comprised predominantly of handheld blowers, many of which are cordless and function as leaf vacuums. Pricewise, Remington leaf blowers fall into the middle tier. Remington products are manufactured both in the US and Mexico.
The Remington HERO™ RM430 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Remington blowers, please contact the Remington Customer Support: 1-866-206-2707.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.