Features and Specifications
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Overview of the Remington SLINGER™ RM2BP
- Power: The Remington SLINGER™ RM2BP is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 150 MPH and a max air volume rating of 445 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: Like most backpack blowers, this model is technically heavier than a handheld. That being said, it can feel lighter and more comfortable because of the way it is carried, even when used over extended periods of time. Among other gas-powered backpack leaf blowers, the Remington SLINGER™ RM2BP can be considered light, weighing only 17 lbs.
- Engine: The blower is fitted with a 27 cc engine. Please be aware that 2-cycle engines like this one require a mixture of gas and oil in order to run.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the Remington SLINGER™ RM2BP allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 73 dB.
- Fuel Tank: The fuel tank can hold 20 fl. oz. What it loses in fuel capacity, the SLINGER™ RM2BP gains in portability by having a more manageable weight. In fact, it is the smallest tank of all gas-powered backpack leaf blowers.
- QuickStart™: This blower benefits from Remington's QuickStart™ technology. It facilitates starting by reducing the effort required to pull start the engine.
The Remington SLINGER™ RM2BP's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Remington SLINGER™ RM2BP compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air expelled from the nozzle of this blower can reach 150 MPH. When compared to others of this type, the SLINGER™ RM2BP has a lower air speed than most gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- As this unit is rated at 445 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it is less powerful than most gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Stihl BR 700 with 912 CFM).
Is the SLINGER™ RM2BP really a 445 CFM blower as advertized?
If you look at the blower's user manual, you'll see that the 445 CFM are at the blower outlet (before the tube). The actual CFM values are 445 CFM at the blower outlet, 425 CFM inside the blower's tube and 275 CFM at the blower's nozzle.
Is the air speed of the SLINGER™ RM2BP really 150 MPH?
Again, as stated in its user manual, that's the peak air speed. The average speed recorded is around 145 MPH.
The bottom line
- QuickStart™ Technology
- Lightweight (17 lbs)
- Acceptable Noise (73 dB)
- Small Tank (20 fl. oz.)
- Low CFM (445 CFM)
- Low MPH (150 MPH)
Where to buy the Remington SLINGER™ RM2BP?
Remington was founded in 1921 by Arthur Mall in his home town of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The one-man operation focused on production of gas and electrically powered power tools. The company has further expanded throughout the US. However, it remains one of the smaller manufacturers to this day. Leaf blowers have been added to Remington’s portfolio in the 1990’s. Their selection is comprised predominantly of handheld blowers, many of which are cordless and function as leaf vacuums. Pricewise, Remington leaf blowers fall into the middle tier. Remington products are manufactured both in the US and Mexico.
Warranty InformationThe Remington SLINGER™ RM2BP is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Remington blowers, please contact the Remington Customer Support: 1-866-206-2707