The Remington SLINGER™ RM2BP is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 445 CFM at 150 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 27 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 445|
|MPH||Up to 150|
|Engine displacement||27 cc|
|Fuel tank||20 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||73 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Remington SLINGER™ RM2BP, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Remington SLINGER™ RM2BP
- Power: The SLINGER™ RM2BP gas-powered blower, manufactured by Remington, is rated for a max air volume of 445 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 150 MPH.
- Handling: Like most backpack blowers, this model is technically heavier than a handheld. That being said, it can feel lighter and more comfortable because of the way it is carried, even when used over extended periods of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. When compared to other gas-powered backpack blowers, the Remington SLINGER™ RM2BP stands out due to its lower weight: just 17 lbs.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 27 cc. As you may or may not know, 2-stroke engines require a mixture of gasoline and oil in order to keep all the moving parts lubricated while fuelling the engine’s internal combustion. The fuel/oil ratio recommended by Remington for the SLINGER™ RM2BP is 40:1.
- Speed Settings: There are times when you only need a little more power, while other times you will want a bit more precision when clearing leaves and debris. For this purpose, the SLINGER™ RM2BP offers variable speed settings, adding you, the user, more control, and a cruise control mode, which will allow you to maintain it comfortably for as long as you wish.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 73 dB can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Fuel Tank: The fuel tank can hold 20 fl. oz. What it loses in fuel capacity in comparison to many other backpack blowers, the SLINGER™ RM2BP gains in portability by having a more manageable weight. In fact, it is the smallest tank of all gas backpack blowers.
- QuickStart™: This blower benefits from Remington's QuickStart™ technology. It facilitates starting by reducing the effort required to pull start the engine.
The Remington SLINGER™ RM2BP's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Remington SLINGER™ RM2BP compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 150 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Husqvarna 150BT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 251 MPH.
- As this unit is rated at 445 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it expells less air than most gas-powered backpack blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Shindaiwa EB910RT, which boasts with 1110 CFM.
Remington was founded in 1921 by Arthur Mall in his home town of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The one-man operation focused on production of gas and electrically powered power tools. The company has further expanded throughout the US. However, it remains one of the smaller manufacturers to this day. Leaf blowers have been added to Remington’s portfolio in the 1990’s. Their selection is comprised predominantly of handheld blowers, many of which are cordless and function as leaf vacuums. Pricewise, Remington leaf blowers fall into the middle tier. Remington products are manufactured both in the US and Mexico.
The Remington SLINGER™ RM2BP is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Remington blowers, please contact the Remington Customer Support: 1-866-206-2707.
Questions & Answers
Is the SLINGER™ RM2BP really a 445 CFM blower as advertized?
If you look at the blower's user manual, you'll see that the 445 CFM are at the blower outlet (before the tube). The actual CFM values are 445 CFM at the blower outlet, 425 CFM inside the blower's tube and 275 CFM at the blower's nozzle.
Is the air speed of the SLINGER™ RM2BP really 150 MPH?
That's the peak air speed. The average speed recorded is around 145 MPH.
Couldn't find the right answer for you? Ask your own question.