Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 445|
|MPH||Up to 150|
|Engine Displacement||27 cc|
|Fuel Tank||20 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||73 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Remington SLINGER™ RM2BP, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Remington SLINGER™ RM2BP
- Power: The SLINGER™ RM2BP gas-powered blower, manufactured by Remington, is rated for a max air volume of 445 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 150 MPH.
- Handling: As this unit is a backpack leaf blower, the majority of the unit is distributed so that the user can operate it with ease for most reasonable periods of use. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. When compared to other gas-powered backpack leaf blowers, the Remington SLINGER™ RM2BP stands out due to its lower weight: just 17 lbs.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 27 cc. Since this is a 2-stroke engine, it’s important to remember that the SLINGER™ RM2BP cannot run on gasoline alone. The fuel must be mixed with an appropriate ratio of gasoline and oil in order for it to function properly (for this Remington model, this ratio is 40:1).
- Speed Settings: In order to afford more control to the user, this unit has a variable speed control. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Remington SLINGER™ RM2BP to match.
- Noise: With a noise rating of 73 dB, this blower can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Fuel Tank: The fuel tank can hold 20 fl. oz. What it loses in fuel capacity, the SLINGER™ RM2BP gains in portability by having a more manageable weight. In fact, it is the smallest tank of all gas-powered backpack leaf blowers.
- QuickStart™: This blower benefits from Remington's QuickStart™ technology. It facilitates starting by reducing the effort required to pull start the engine.
The Remington SLINGER™ RM2BP's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Remington SLINGER™ RM2BP compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air expelled from the nozzle of this blower can reach 150 MPH. When compared to others of this type, the SLINGER™ RM2BP has a lower air speed than most gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- Its max air volume rating (445 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the biggest air producer of gas-powered backpack leaf blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
As you can see from this dynamic chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Remington SLINGER™ RM2BP is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Is the SLINGER™ RM2BP really a 445 CFM blower as advertized?
If you look at the blower's user manual, you'll see that the 445 CFM are at the blower outlet (before the tube). The actual CFM values are 445 CFM at the blower outlet, 425 CFM inside the blower's tube and 275 CFM at the blower's nozzle.
Is the air speed of the SLINGER™ RM2BP really 150 MPH?
Again, as stated in its user manual, that's the peak air speed. The average speed recorded is around 145 MPH.
The bottom line
- QuickStart™ Technology
- Lightweight (17 lbs)
- Acceptable Noise (73 dB)
- Small Tank (20 fl. oz.)
- Low CFM (445 CFM)
- Low MPH (150 MPH)
Where to buy the remington SLINGER™ RM2BP?
Remington was founded in 1921 by Arthur Mall in his home town of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The one-man operation focused on production of gas and electrically powered power tools. The company has further expanded throughout the US. However, it remains one of the smaller manufacturers to this day. Leaf blowers have been added to Remington’s portfolio in the 1990’s. Their selection is comprised predominantly of handheld blowers, many of which are cordless and function as leaf vacuums. Pricewise, Remington leaf blowers fall into the middle tier. Remington products are manufactured both in the US and Mexico.
Warranty InformationThe Remington SLINGER™ RM2BP is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Remington blowers, please contact the Remington Customer Support: 1-866-206-2707.