The RIDGID R01601K is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 510 CFM at 130 MPH. It features a 6 Ah 18 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 510|
|MPH||Up to 130|
|Noise rating||58 dB|
|Other model numbers||R01601|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the RIDGID R01601K, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the RIDGID R01601K
- Power: The R01601K is a cordless blower made by RIDGID. It has a maximum air speed of 130 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 510 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: If you don’t like dealing with cords, you will be delighted to know that this blower is equipped with a brushless, battery-operated motor.
- Battery: The RIDGID R01601K is powered by an easy-to-recharge 6 Ah 18 V Li-ion battery (1 AC840060 battery included).
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored. All told, it weighs 7.3 lbs — the RIDGID R01601K is neither the lightest nor the heaviest cordless handheld blower on the market.
- Speed Settings: To provide more control over their job to the user, the unit has a variable speed control setting. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the RIDGID R01601K to match it. On top of that, maintaining the selected speed is effortless, as it also features cruise control.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 58 dB, the R01601K is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the electric handheld category.
The RIDGID R01601K's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the RIDGID R01601K compare with similar leaf blowers.
- The RIDGID R01601K expels air at speeds up to 130 MPH, making it standard in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU01PT and its 208 MPH could be an option to consider.
- It has a maximum air volume output of 510 CFM (cubic feet per minute). With this output rating, the R01601K is well within average in relation to similar cordless handheld blowers. If air volume is important to you, the Husqvarna 350iB, with 800 CFM, could be in your good books.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the RIDGID R01601K is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this blower nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of product.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Brushless motor
- Cruise control
- Lifetime warranty
- Decent weight (7.3 lbs)
- Acceptable noise (58 dB)
- Decent CFM (510 CFM)
- Decent MPH (130 MPH)
- The RIDGID R01601K doesn't have any notably low specs.
RIDGID, sometimes RIDGID Jobsite Tools, is a brand licensed by the Ridge Tool Company, under which it sells a wide spectrum of products, including power tools and, of course, leaf blowers. The company was founded in 1923, in Ohio, US, where it has maintained its headquarters to this day. Ridge Tool Company has been a subsidiary of Emerson Electric since 1966. RIDGID is best known for its iconic US made red pipe wrench. However, their power tool line is reported to be made in Asia. RIDGID leaf blower portfolio is somewhat limited, with a focus on cordless devices.
The RIDGID R01601K benefits from a lifetime warranty. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of RIDGID blowers, please consult RIDGID's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-RIDGID (1-800-474-3443).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.