The RIDGID R8604301B is a lightweight cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 280 CFM at 105 MPH. It is powered by a 18 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 280|
|MPH||Up to 105|
|Weight (tool only)||5 lbs|
|Noise rating||94.5 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the RIDGID R8604301B, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the RIDGID R8604301B
- Power: The RIDGID R8604301B is a cordless blower with a maximum air volume rating of 280 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 105 MPH.
- Power delivery: The R8604301B is a battery-operated unit, so it doesn’t need to be plugged in during use. Users will enjoy the added mobility of its cordless design.
- Battery: Its 18 V Li-ion battery (AC840040 battery not included) offers a maximum autonomy of 20 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: It’s handheld, so naturally it’s easier to handle and carry than larger leaf blowers, such as backpack models or walk-behinds. When compared to other cordless handheld blowers, the RIDGID R8604301B stands out due to its lower weight: just 5 lbs for the blower alone.
- Speed Settings: Sometimes you just need a little more power, while other times you may want a little more precision when moving leaves and debris. That’s why the R8604301B features variable speed settings for added control.
- Noise: The manufacturer specifications state that the R8604301B can generate engine noise approaching 94.5 dB. This is louder than other electric handheld leaf blowers.
The RIDGID R8604301B's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the RIDGID R8604301B compare with handheld leaf blowers of similar voltage (between 18 and 24V).
- Forced air leaving this blower’s nozzle has been clocked at 105 MPH. That makes the R8604301B average in terms of air speed for battery-operated handheld blowers between 18 and 24V. If you wish to benefit from air expelled at the fastest possible speed, the Makita XBU07SM1 and its 143 MPH could be an option to consider.
- Regarding its air volume, the airflow of the RIDGID R8604301B can reach 280 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute), which is on par with other cordless handheld blowers with a comparable voltage. If air volume is important to you, the RIDGID R01601K, with 510 CFM, could be in your good books.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 20 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the R8604301B is on the low end when compared with other cordless handheld units of similar voltage. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Kobalt KHB 4224A-03 which offers up to 50 minutes of runtime.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the RIDGID R8604301B is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
RIDGID, sometimes RIDGID Jobsite Tools, is a brand licensed by the Ridge Tool Company, under which it sells a wide spectrum of products, including power tools and, of course, leaf blowers. The company was founded in 1923, in Ohio, US, where it has maintained its headquarters to this day. Ridge Tool Company has been a subsidiary of Emerson Electric since 1966. RIDGID is best known for its iconic US made red pipe wrench. However, their power tool line is reported to be made in Asia. RIDGID leaf blower portfolio is somewhat limited, with a focus on cordless devices.
The RIDGID R8604301B benefits from a lifetime warranty. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of RIDGID blowers, please consult RIDGID's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-RIDGID (1-800-474-3443).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.