The RIDGID R8604301B is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 280 CFM at 105 MPH. It is powered by a 18 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 280|
|MPH||Up to 105|
|Weight (tool only)||5 lbs|
|Noise rating||94.5 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the RIDGID R8604301B, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the RIDGID R8604301B
- Power: The R8604301B is a cordless blower made by RIDGID. It has a maximum air speed of 105 MPH and its nozzle can expel a max air volume of 280 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Power delivery: RIDGID designed this battery-operated unit with total mobility in mind. The R8604301B only needs to be plugged in when it is charging, so users can take it almost anywhere.
- Battery: Its 18 V Li-ion battery (AC840040 battery not included) offers a maximum autonomy of 20 minutes on a full charge.
- Handling: For those who are looking for a portable and convenient leaf blower, this model is a strong candidate. It’s designed for easy handling and use, and its size means it’s easily carried and stored.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the RIDGID R8604301B allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: Note that this blower is somewhat on the noisy end of electric handheld blowers, as its engine can reach an operating noise level of around 94.5 dB.
The RIDGID R8604301B's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the RIDGID R8604301B compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 105 MPH, which is on the lower end for battery-operated handheld blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Makita XBU01PT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 208 MPH.
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 280 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other cordless handheld blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the CAT DG651, which boasts with 800 CFM.
- Autonomy-wise, with up to 20 minutes of autonomy on a full charge, the R8604301B is on the low end when compared with other cordless handheld units. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Toro 51822 which offers up to 140 minutes of runtime.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the RIDGID R8604301B is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
RIDGID, sometimes RIDGID Jobsite Tools, is a brand licensed by the Ridge Tool Company, under which it sells a wide spectrum of products, including power tools and, of course, leaf blowers. The company was founded in 1923, in Ohio, US, where it has maintained its headquarters to this day. Ridge Tool Company has been a subsidiary of Emerson Electric since 1966. RIDGID is best known for its iconic US made red pipe wrench. However, their power tool line is reported to be made in Asia. RIDGID leaf blower portfolio is somewhat limited, with a focus on cordless devices.
The RIDGID R8604301B benefits from a lifetime warranty. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of RIDGID blowers, please consult RIDGID's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-RIDGID (1-800-474-3443).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.