The RIDGID R8604301B is a cordless handheld leaf blower delivering 280 CFM at 105 MPH. It is powered by a 18 V Li-ion battery. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 280|
|MPH||Up to 105|
|Weight (tool only)||5 lbs|
|Noise rating||94.5 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the RIDGID R8604301B, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the RIDGID R8604301B
- Power: The RIDGID R8604301B can force 280 cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) from its nozzle at a maximum speed of 105 MPH.
- Power delivery: RIDGID designed this battery-operated unit with total mobility in mind. The R8604301B only needs to be plugged in when it is charging, so users can take it almost anywhere.
- Battery: Its 18 V Li-ion battery (AC840040 battery not included) enables the blower to run for up to 20 minutes without needing to recharge.
- Handling: With its handheld design, this leaf blower was created with portability in mind. Most users will have no problem using it almost anywhere. At 5 lbs for the blower alone, the RIDGID R8604301B is within the average weight range of cordless handheld blowers.
- Speed Settings: For those who are keen on having complete control while operating their leaf blower, the R8604301B offers variable speed settings.
- Noise: The manufacturer specifications state that the R8604301B can generate engine noise approaching 94.5 dB. This is louder than other electric handheld leaf blowers.
The RIDGID R8604301B's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the RIDGID R8604301B compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 105 MPH, which is on the lower end for battery-operated handheld blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Makita XBU01PT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 208 MPH.
- Its max air volume rating (280 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the biggest air producer of cordless handheld blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the CAT DG651, which boasts with 800 CFM.
- Users can expect a maximum autonomy of 20 minutes from its battery, which means the R8604301B won't run as long as many other cordless handheld units before needing to be plugged in. To enjoy the best possible autonomy in this category, you could have a look at the Makita CBU01Z which offers up to 300 minutes of runtime.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other cordless blowers, the RIDGID R8604301B is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
RIDGID, sometimes RIDGID Jobsite Tools, is a brand licensed by the Ridge Tool Company, under which it sells a wide spectrum of products, including power tools and, of course, leaf blowers. The company was founded in 1923, in Ohio, US, where it has maintained its headquarters to this day. Ridge Tool Company has been a subsidiary of Emerson Electric since 1966. RIDGID is best known for its iconic US made red pipe wrench. However, their power tool line is reported to be made in Asia. RIDGID leaf blower portfolio is somewhat limited, with a focus on cordless devices.
The RIDGID R8604301B benefits from a lifetime warranty. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of RIDGID blowers, please consult RIDGID's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-RIDGID (1-800-474-3443).
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.