The Ryobi RY08420A is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 510 CFM at 185 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 42 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 510|
|MPH||Up to 185|
|Engine Displacement||42 cc|
|Fuel Tank||38 fl. oz.|
|Noise Rating||73.4 dB|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Ryobi RY08420A, the user manual is available here.
Overview of the Ryobi RY08420A
- Power: The RY08420A gas-powered blower, manufactured by Ryobi, is rated for a max air volume of 510 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 185 MPH.
- Handling: By design, this model isn’t the smallest leaf blower on the market. It’s meant to be carried as a backpack so that the bulk of the unit is out of the way and the user’s hands are free to manipulate the nozzle. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. When compared to other gas-powered backpack blowers, the Ryobi RY08420A stands out due to its lower weight: just 18 lbs.
- Engine: The blower is fitted with a 42 cc engine. As you may or may not know, 2-stroke engines require a mixture of gasoline and oil in order to keep all the moving parts lubricated while fuelling the engine’s internal combustion. The fuel/oil ratio recommended by Ryobi for the RY08420A is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: Thanks to its variable speed settings, the Ryobi RY08420A allows precise control of the air output.
- Noise: With a decibel rating of 73.4 dB, the RY08420A is neither louder nor quieter than its rivals in the gas-powered backpack category.
- Fuel Tank: Its 38 fl. oz. fuel tank may be relatively low in capacity, but the decreased weight affords the RY08420A greater comfort and ease of use.
The Ryobi RY08420A's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Ryobi RY08420A compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Maxing out at 185 MPH at full power, this blower is on the lower end in terms of air speed for gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 510 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other gas-powered backpack blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-8010H with 1071 CFM).
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Ryobi RY08420A is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Ryobi Limited is a manufacturer of power tools, outdoor equipment, and various other types of electronic products and components. Founded in Japan in 1943, Ryobi has since expanded to become a multi-brand, multinational company aimed at providing affordable, pro-featured products. It is now owned by Techtronic Industries, a company overseeing production and marketing of brands such as Craftsman, Ridgid and Homelite.
The Ryobi RY08420A is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi blowers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies. Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.