The Ryobi RY08420A is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 510 CFM at 185 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 42 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 510|
|MPH||Up to 185|
|Engine displacement||42 cc|
|Fuel tank||38 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||73.4 dB|
|Other model numbers||BP42|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Ryobi RY08420A, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Ryobi RY08420A
- Power: The RY08420A gas-powered blower, manufactured by Ryobi, is rated for a max air volume of 510 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and a max air speed of 185 MPH.
- Handling: This blower’s backpack functionality makes make it less exerting on the user, even when used for an extended period of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. Among other gas-powered backpack blowers, the Ryobi RY08420A can be considered light, weighing only 18 lbs.
- Engine: The engine boasts a displacement of 42 cc. Please be aware that 2-cycle engines like this one require a mixture of gas and oil in order to run. For the Ryobi RY08420A, this ratio is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: There are times when you only need a little more power, while other times you will want a bit more precision when clearing leaves and debris. For this purpose, the RY08420A offers variable speed settings, adding you, the user, more control, and a cruise control mode, which will allow you to maintain it comfortably for as long as you wish.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 73.4 dB can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Fuel Tank: The fuel tank has a capacity of 38 fl. oz. Although this is not especially impressive for a backpack blower, it allows the unit to maintain a decent overall weight, making it more portable and comfortable to use.
The Ryobi RY08420A's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Ryobi RY08420A compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air expelled from the nozzle of this blower can reach 185 MPH. When compared to others of this type, the RY08420A has a lower air speed than most gas-powered backpack blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Husqvarna 150BT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 251 MPH.
- As this unit is rated at 510 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it expells less air than most gas-powered backpack blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Shindaiwa EB910RT, which boasts with 1110 CFM.
Ryobi Limited is a manufacturer of power tools, outdoor equipment, and various other types of electronic products and components. Founded in Japan in 1943, Ryobi has since expanded to become a multi-brand, multinational company aimed at providing affordable, pro-featured products. It is now owned by Techtronic Industries, a company overseeing production and marketing of brands such as Craftsman, Ridgid and Homelite.
The Ryobi RY08420A is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi blowers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.