The Ryobi RY08420A is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 510 CFM at 185 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 42 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 510|
|MPH||Up to 185|
|Engine displacement||42 cc|
|Fuel tank||38 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||73.4 dB|
|Other model numbers||BP42|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Ryobi RY08420A, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Ryobi RY08420A
- Power: The Ryobi RY08420A is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 185 MPH and a max air volume rating of 510 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: This blower’s backpack functionality makes make it less exerting on the user, even when used for an extended period of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. When compared to other gas-powered backpack blowers, the Ryobi RY08420A stands out due to its lower weight: just 18 lbs.
- Engine: The blower is fitted with a 42 cc engine. Please note that, because the Ryobi RY08420A’s engine is a 2-cycle one, it runs on a mixture of oil and gasoline. According to Ryobi, the proper fuel mixture ratio for this blower is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: With its variable speed settings, the Ryobi RY08420A allows you to precisely control its air output. In addition, the blower is also equipped with cruise control, with which the user can easily maintain the selected settings.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 73.4 dB.
- Fuel Tank: The fuel tank has a capacity of 38 fl. oz. Although this is not especially impressive, it allows the unit to maintain a decent overall weight, making it more portable and comfortable to use.
The Ryobi RY08420A's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Ryobi RY08420A compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Upon exiting the nozzle, the air can reach speeds of up to 185 MPH, which is on the lower end for gas-powered backpack blowers (the one expelling air at the fastest speed being the Husqvarna 150BT with 251 MPH).
- It’s capable of expelling a maximum air volume of 510 CFM (cubic feet per minute). This places it at the low end compared to other gas-powered backpack blowers (the biggest expelled air volume belonging to the Echo PB-9010T with 1110 CFM).
As you can see from this interactive chart, the Ryobi RY08420A is the cheapest of all gas backpack blowers.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Ryobi Limited is a manufacturer of power tools, outdoor equipment, and various other types of electronic products and components. Founded in Japan in 1943, Ryobi has since expanded to become a multi-brand, multinational company aimed at providing affordable, pro-featured products. It is now owned by Techtronic Industries, a company overseeing production and marketing of brands such as Craftsman, Ridgid and Homelite.
The Ryobi RY08420A is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi blowers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.