The Ryobi RY08420A is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 510 CFM at 185 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 42 cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 510|
|MPH||Up to 185|
|Engine displacement||42 cc|
|Fuel tank||38 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||73.4 dB|
|Other model numbers||BP42|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Ryobi RY08420A, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Ryobi RY08420A
- Power: The Ryobi RY08420A is a gas-powered leaf blower. It sports a max air speed of 185 MPH and a max air volume rating of 510 cubic feet per minute (CFM).
- Handling: Like most backpack blowers, this model is technically heavier than a handheld. That being said, it can feel lighter and more comfortable because of the way it is carried, even when used over extended periods of time. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. Among other gas-powered backpack blowers, the Ryobi RY08420A can be considered light, weighing only 18 lbs.
- Engine: The blower is fitted with a 42 cc engine. Please be aware that 2-cycle engines like this one require a mixture of gas and oil in order to run. For the Ryobi RY08420A, this ratio is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: To provide more control over their job to the user, the unit has a variable speed control setting. No matter the size of the job, the user can adjust the airflow of the Ryobi RY08420A to match it. On top of that, maintaining the selected speed is effortless, as it also features cruise control.
- Noise: As far as gas-powered backpack blowers go, this one is average in terms of noise with a rating of 73.4 dB.
- Fuel Tank: The fuel tank has a capacity of 38 fl. oz. Although this is not especially impressive for a backpack blower, it allows the unit to maintain a decent overall weight, making it more portable and comfortable to use.
The Ryobi RY08420A's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Ryobi RY08420A compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air expelled from the nozzle of this blower can reach 185 MPH. When compared to others of this type, the RY08420A has a lower air speed than most gas-powered backpack blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Husqvarna 150BT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 251 MPH.
- As this unit is rated at 510 CFM (cubic feet per minute), it expells less air than most gas-powered backpack blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Shindaiwa EB910RT, which boasts with 1110 CFM.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas backpack blowers, the Ryobi RY08420A is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget blower.
Ryobi Limited is a manufacturer of power tools, outdoor equipment, and various other types of electronic products and components. Founded in Japan in 1943, Ryobi has since expanded to become a multi-brand, multinational company aimed at providing affordable, pro-featured products. It is now owned by Techtronic Industries, a company overseeing production and marketing of brands such as Craftsman, Ridgid and Homelite.
The Ryobi RY08420A is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi blowers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-860-4050.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.