The Ryobi RY08420A is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower delivering 510 CFM at 185 MPH. It features a 2-cycle 42cc engine. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|CFM||Up to 510|
|MPH||Up to 185|
|Fuel tank||38 fl. oz.|
|Noise rating||73.4 dB|
|Other model numbers||BP42|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue. Should you wish more detailed specs on the Ryobi RY08420A, the user manual is available here (opens in a new tab).
Overview of the Ryobi RY08420A
- Power: The Ryobi RY08420A is a gas-powered blower with a maximum air volume rating of 510 cubic feet per minute (CFM) and an air speed of 185 MPH.
- Handling: As this unit is a backpack leaf blower, the majority of the unit is distributed so that the user can operate it with ease for most reasonable periods of use. Its throttle is located on the tube, which allows you to keep your left hand free. Among other gas-powered backpack blowers, the Ryobi RY08420A can be considered light, weighing only 18 lbs.
- Engine: This blower's engine has a displacement specification of 42cc. As you may or may not know, 2-stroke engines require a mixture of gasoline and oil in order to keep all the moving parts lubricated while fuelling the engine’s internal combustion. The fuel/oil ratio recommended by Ryobi for the RY08420A is 50:1.
- Speed Settings: For those who wish to have complete control while operating their leaf blower, the RY08420A offers variable speed settings, and moreover, is also equipped with cruise control, which allows the user to comfortably continue blowing at their preferred setting.
- Noise: Its noise rating of 73.4 dB can be considered the standard for similar gas-powered backpack blowers.
- Fuel Tank: The fuel tank can hold 38 fl. oz. What it loses in fuel capacity compared to many other backpack blowers, the RY08420A gains in portability by having a more manageable weight.
The Ryobi RY08420A's performance versus other blowers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea how the key specs of the Ryobi RY08420A compare with similar leaf blowers.
- Air expelled from the nozzle of this blower can reach 185 MPH. When compared to others of this type, the RY08420A has a lower air speed than most gas-powered backpack blowers. For the fastest air speed in this category, you may want to consider the Husqvarna 150BT, which can expell air at a velocity that can reach 270 MPH.
- Its max air volume rating (510 cubic feet per minute) means it is really not the biggest air producer of gas-powered backpack blowers. For the highest air volume, you may want to have a look at the Echo PB-9010T, which boasts with 1110 CFM.
The bottom line
- Lightweight (18 lbs)
- Cruise control
- Acceptable noise (73.4 dB)
- Small tank (38 fl. oz.)
- Low CFM (510 CFM)
- Low MPH (185 MPH)
Ryobi Limited is a manufacturer of power tools, outdoor equipment, and various other types of electronic products and components. Founded in Japan in 1943, Ryobi has since expanded to become a multi-brand, multinational company aimed at providing affordable, pro-featured products. It is now owned by Techtronic Industries, a company overseeing production and marketing of brands such as Ridgid and Homelite.
The Ryobi RY08420A is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may not cover all parts of the blower.
For more information about the warranty of Ryobi blowers, please consult Ryobi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-525-2579.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions yet. Ask the first question.